Grade McDermott's 2019 performance

GreggTX

Sean McDermotts wee 3 grade  

195 members have voted

1. 1. McDermott's Report Card. Give him his grade to date.

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

58 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

One hell of a coach -and  takes time away from his HC responsibilities, during the game, to give a quick hernia exam. That's an A+ in my book...

Didnt have him turn his head the right way though.....thats because he was checking his tonsils too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Reader said:

Iyo9UPP.jpg

Dang!  Can't unsee this.

I gave him a B

No Glaring Clock Mis-Management - Very nice to see

For the most part team is ready to play....some hiccups here and there but it is early in the season and there are a quite a few new faces

What was nice was when the Giants ROLLED down the field on that 1st series the Bills and McD adjusted QUICKLY!

A solid B......Pats will be a HUGE test.  First time in awhile I am actually looking forward to the game.  Mainly to see if they can adjust on the fly against Brady/Billacheat.

Go Bills!!

4 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Dang!  Can't unsee this.

I gave him a B

No Glaring Clock Mis-Management - Very nice to see

For the most part team is ready to play....some hiccups here and there but it is early in the season and there are a quite a few new faces

What was nice was when the Giants ROLLED down the field on that 1st series the Bills and McD adjusted QUICKLY!

A solid B......Pats will be a HUGE test.  First time in awhile I am actually looking forward to the game.  Mainly to see if they can adjust on the fly against Brady/Billacheat.

Go Bills!!

This is a big nitpick and obviously not "glaring" but after the Knox Rambo play we were in fg range. We should have been using as much clock as possible. However, the next two plays were snapped with 11 and 16 seconds remaining on the play clock. Those 27 second could have been HUGE for the Bengals final drive. It ended up not coming into play thankfully.

They also ran the clock out at the half against the Jets, 30ish seconds with 2 time outs I believe, down 0-6 and Jets getting the ball in the 3rd. Again they ran the clock down against the giants with 2  timeouts and 47ish seconds. I heard Sal Capaccio say that McDermott said the Bills defer the ball if they win the coin toss in order to try to get an extra posession. Sure doesn't seem like it.

If McDermott were a basketball coach he would be getting killed by the media for his team repeatedly incorrectly executing the 2 for one at the end of a quarter/half/game. As we all know one possession matters A LOT.

Having said all that he gets a B for this season due to the outcomes. He makes up for the clock management problems with good defensive coaching, but it's frustrating because it's such an easy an obvious fix.

Edited by Chemical

11 hours ago, Bills Oil Company said:

Why does he get a grade now?    Incomplete.   

Did you get a grade halfway through a test in school?

3-0 doesn't mean squat. 

Another dumb thread from people with too much time on their hands.    We need Sunday to get here quick...

You must be a fun guy at parties....