The Bills have the worst backup QB in the league? Really?

BisonMan

16 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Without being rude, (seriously) IMO giving Tyrod too much credit is a stupid take as well. 

Saying he’s the 3rd best backup isn’t “giving him too much credit.” It’s objectively comparing what the player has accomplished to what the others on the list have. @Gugny HATES Tyrod and even he admitted that. That’s not even close to a hot take. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

More mind boggling? Drew Stanton has played 13 years of NFL football and has amassed 32 Million dollars for appearing in 38 games.

I'd rather be him than Tom Brady.

FACT!! Chase Daniel is another good one. He has made $34.3M and started 4 games in his career!! It pays to be friend with Drew Brees.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

And lost his starting job twice.  (Thrice?)

Once for a 5 INT Nate Peterman!!!

that's how bad it was!!!

To Rookies no less. 

And Barkley has been cut how many times? And losing his job to Peterman is on the coach not Tyrod, that was a horrible decision. Tyrod had the opportunity to start because he is better than most of those guys on the list hence #3. 

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Saying he’s the 3rd best backup isn’t “giving him too much credit.” It’s objectively comparing what the player has accomplished to what the others on the list have. @Gugny HATES Tyrod and even he admitted that. That’s not even close to a hot take. 

I dislike Tyrod too. I don't have Gug hate but I was adamant he was a below average starter when some were arguing borderline franchise guy. That said he is a premium backup. He is somewhere between the 28th and 36th best QB in the world. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. Why did anyone ever think he was good?

He’s one of Brees’ best friends. They compete in EVERYTHING. He played pretty well in preseason and is smart. Brees loves him. He parlayed that into nice checks in KC, Philly and Chicago. He even had another stop here to raise his value again. 

8 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Apparently, according to the USA Today: 

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/09/25/nfl-backup-qb-rankings-teams-jets-cowboys-giants/2360551001/

Pouring it on, they list Tyrod as the 3rd best backup in the league!

i'm not going any farther than this. there's actually times where i think we have a better chance of winning with barkley.....and i wouldn't be opposed to a change if it meant a playoff chance or not. josh is in yr. 2, he doesn't have to be mahomes, he doesn't have those weapons....and i don't want him hurt.

17 minutes ago, ngbills said:

And Barkley has been cut how many times? And losing his job to Peterman is on the coach not Tyrod, that was a horrible decision. Tyrod had the opportunity to start because he is better than most of those guys on the list hence #3. 

The Buffalo Bills do not want a Tyrod run style offense.  

What good does it do to have two styles of QB on your roster.  At least Barkley can run the offense and IMO better than most of our former QBs (most recently)

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

I am light years away from being any kind of Tyrod fan, but I do think he's among the best backups in the league.

However, putting Kizer and Eugene Smiff above any backup with a pulse makes this list crap.

I agree.  Barkley is a complete nobody.  He can't be in any meaningful way be compared with TT.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I agree.  Barkley is a complete nobody.  He can't be in any meaningful way be compared with TT.

I think they are comparable.  But TT is the better QB.  Not by a lot.  He's still a back up (and always should have been).  Eh ... we got a 3rd round pick for him, so I'll give him (actually Beane) that!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think they are comparable.  But TT is the better QB.  Not by a lot.  He's still a back up (and always should have been).  Eh ... we got a 3rd round pick for him, so I'll give him (actually Beane) that!!

It's easy to be a solid QB. when you never have to play.  Barkley has no body of work to compare.  He's an imaginary number.  A fart.