The Bills have the worst backup QB in the league? Really?

BisonMan

Ridiculous, I would rather have Barkley over 95% of the backups

Its a Buffalo strength NOT a weakness

Should Allen go down I'm feeling pretty good about winning a few games with Barkley

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

Apparently, according to the USA Today: 

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/09/25/nfl-backup-qb-rankings-teams-jets-cowboys-giants/2360551001/

Pouring it on, they list Tyrod as the 3rd best backup in the league!

I am light years away from being any kind of Tyrod fan, but I do think he's among the best backups in the league.

However, putting Kizer and Eugene Smiff above any backup with a pulse makes this list crap.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I do think Bills’ fans overrate Barkley based on a single game. However, there is no way a lot of those QBs on the list, many who have never played in an NFL game, are better than Barkley. In reading that list, I’d put him above at least half of the names on that list. Bridgewater is likely the best but with such small or non-existent sample sizes, Barkley would have to be in the top 10, IMHO.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

I do think Bills’ fans overrate Barkley based on a single game. However, there is no way a lot of those QBs on the list, many who have never played in an NFL game, are better than Barkley. In reading that list, I’d put him above at least half of the names on that list. Bridgewater is likely the best but with such small or non-existent sample sizes, Barkley would have to be in the top 10, IMHO.

He looked pretty legit during pre-season time as well.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Ridiculous, I would rather have Barkley over 95% of the backups

Its a Buffalo strength NOT a weakness

Should Allen go down I'm feeling pretty good about winning a few games with Barkley

Wow, this might be more ridiculous than any ranking Ive seen yet. I think we have a top 10 backup.  After a while you just have to stop reading some of these power rankings and PFF nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 2

First, who takes the time to rank the back up QB’s of the league? If there were any out there who could step in and win with any frequency then they wouldn’t be a back up. 

7 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Fitz is 13 and Barkley 32? Laughable.  They say Tyrod led Buffalo! to the post season.  Um no I'd say our D led us to the post season, and Tyrod quickly exited us from the post season.

Precisely. I always say the Bills made the playoffs that year in spite of Tyrod, not because of. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Fitz is 13 and Barkley 32? Laughable.  They say Tyrod led Buffalo! to the post season.  Um no I'd say our D led us to the post season, and Tyrod quickly exited us from the post season.

I'm alright with the fitz rank. as for barkley, unlike fitz he has little to go on. one good game against the jets doesn't make you the greatest back up since frank reich.

I didn't even open the link, that's how much I care about the back up QB. sure, I want him to be able to hold the position if his number was called but other then that, who cares where they rank back up QB's?