Bills Mafia article from The Ringer

Kelly the Dog

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I can't stand this Bills mafia nonsense. Hate the table *****. Makes fans of the team look low class. These people don't represent me and I suspect if people are honest they are embarrassed to be associated with the whole thing.

That's why I'm in favor of a smaller stadium and higher ticket prices.  Even then I'm sitting club level home or away.

While nobody should try to deny you of your opinion, just understand Bills Mafia does not equal table smashing and drunken debauchery.  As has been pointed out on many occasions already, the Pinto party preceded the Bills Mafia label (and table smashing) by many, many years.   So you say you don't consider yourself a member of the Bills Mafia because you aren't a fan of the antics of the crazed few. In the minds of many Bills fans, and fans of other teams, Bills Mafia means you are a Bills fan---period.  I like to disassociate myself from the idiocy of some of my relatives. But I still accept my last name--and to most that identifies me as a member of my family: Some weirdos and some terrific folks.

Also, if you refuse the Bills Mafia moniker, are you disassociate yourself from the charitable work done in the name of the Bills Mafia.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

While nobody should try to deny you of your opinion, just understand Bills Mafia does not equal table smashing and drunken debauchery.  As has been pointed out on many occasions already, the Pinto party preceded the Bills Mafia label (and table smashing) by many, many years.   So you say you don't consider yourself a member of the Bills Mafia because you aren't a fan of the antics of the crazed few. In the minds of many Bills fans, and fans of other teams, Bills Mafia means you are a Bills fan---period.  I like to disassociate myself from the idiocy of some of my relatives. But I still accept my last name--and to most that identifies me as a member of my family: Some weirdos and some terrific folks.

Also, if you refuse the Bills Mafia moniker, are you disassociate yourself from the charitable work done in the name of the Bills Mafia.

In the minds of many Bills fans we are just Bills fans. Love our team. Born in Tonawanda in 1970. Followed them since 1979. Attended countless games traveling from to and from all parts of the country.

I watched as a grandchild and I intend to watch them as a grandparent.

We don’t need to be thought of as drunken idiots jumping through tables. 

Stay classy my friend

26 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

In the minds of many Bills fans we are just Bills fans. Love our team. Born in Tonawanda in 1970. Followed them since 1979. Attended countless games traveling from to and from all parts of the country.

I watched as a grandchild and I intend to watch them as a grandparent.

We don’t need to be thought of as drunken idiots jumping through tables. 

Stay classy my friend

OK, so you didn't bother to read my post. That's fine. Here's another you ignore.

For the record, I was born before the Bills were founded and am a lifelong fan. Also, I would never jump through tables, or engage in any of those stunts. While I have no problem with raucous tailgating and a bit of pre-game lubrication, I believe the extreme drunken behavior of many of these fans needs to be controlled a bit. Many of those fans probably call themselves part of the Buffalo Mafia. I bet virtually ALL of those fans (barring visitors) call themselves "Buffalo Bills Fans". Admitting you are a Bills fan puts you, once again, into the same group those drunks are in. Sorry to break it to you.

With that said, I'm still a Bills fan, and therefore, a PROUD Buffalo Bills Fan and a PROUD member of the Buffalo Mafia.   

• Thank you (+1) 1