Bills Mafia article from The Ringer

Kelly the Dog

There’s a ritual to it. Do the shot, drop the bowling ball, and then blow into a vuvuzela for unknown reasons. The shots are free for anyone who wants to risk temporary blindness, and yet the line to take one never ends. One first-timer described the experience as “awful—like drinking rubbing alcohol.” I saw him back in line about half an hour later

Hell yes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

“if you love the team, you’re part of it.”

Nope.   While I have no animosity toward this element of the Bills fan base, it is by no means representative.   More like the LAMP's posted here on TSW...

Yeah I agree with that. It’s a portion of the fan base. A good chunk wants to disassociate itself from BillsMafia. I thought the article was good overall though. 

• Like (+1) 2

The Mafia section of our fan base is both a source of embarrassment and of pride. My friends who are fans of other teams have gone to games with me and, after witnessing some of the mayhem, ask me “ these are your people?!”. I inevitably answer yes, but internally answer ”WTF?!”. But then I recognize that I am a lifelong fan of the team that inspires these people, who are very different from myself, and many others, with whom I share a more “controlled” love of this team, to support it through the lowest of lows and the most promising of highs. I may not be Bills Mafia, but I love it nonetheless.

• Like (+1) 6

we ARE all part of Bills Mafia whether you like it or not, sorry to break it to you. It's the name of the fanbase, you can only get out of it by dying or rooting for another team. 

It is sad that we have some idiots that sully the Bills Mafia name, but that is true of any fan base (like those in Raider Nation that are violent)...but the only way to combat the losers who break tables and light themselves on fire and put their hands down girlfriends pants in the stadium is to do GOOD things in the name of Bills Mafia like we all do daily/weekly/yearly. 

You can say "thats not me", but you are wrong. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

we ARE all part of Bills Mafia whether you like it or not, sorry to break it to you. It's the name of the fanbase, you can only get out of it by dying or rooting for another team. 

It is sad that we have some idiots that sully the Bills Mafia name, but that is true of any fan base (like those in Raider Nation that are violent)...but the only way to combat the losers who break tables and light themselves on fire and put their hands down girlfriends pants in the stadium is to do GOOD things in the name of Bills Mafia like we all do daily/weekly/yearly. 

You can say "thats not me", but you are wrong. 

It’s an unofficial name recognized by an unknown percentage of them. You including everyone by decree is the same as what you are accusing those who do not wish to associate. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It’s an unofficial name recognized by an unknown percentage of them. You including everyone by decree is the same as what you are accusing those who do not wish to associate. 

no idea what that says dude, I am a lowly teacher....dumb that down for me and maybe I can respond 

Good read.... more and more people are starting to see what Bills Mafia (Bills fans) are all about.  While we're largely a punch line because of our antic, we've also become a curiosity and an "experience" from other fan bases and the media. 

When I meet people (non-Bills fans) who come to Buffalo for games to watch their team play and see what Bills tailgating is all about, I have NEVER found someone who was disappointed.  It's an experience that is unique, weird, and spectacular all rolled into 1.  

We take it for granted in a way... we love it, but we also don't totally understand how good we have it.

If they build the new stadium so many people are clamoring for, this will pretty much end... the proposed sites (Aside from a new stadium across the street on ECC land) would eliminate the large sprawling areas for tailgating, private lots, and crazy atmosphere.   So beware what you wish for people... this amazing experience we all get to have every Sunday home game could come to an end and we'll be just like every other NFL city ?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1