Hear it from ‘the Horrible One’. Harry talks about injury.

Chandler#81

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....unconscionable as to how ACL's are the NFL's "common cold".......what gives?................

Try to make an explosive move with all that body weight on arguably your weakest joint on 3/16th inch of carpet and hard packed DG or concrete . Those guys are on borrowed time. I know cause I did it myself left knee.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

Try to make an explosive move with all that body weight on arguably your weakest joint on 3/16th inch of carpet and hard packed DG or concrete . Those guys are on borrowed time. I know cause I did it myself left knee.

...thanks bud...hope you're okay now......:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

I'm a Fan of this Kid.

But as mentioned

I am a Bills Homer.

2 different Eyeglass prescriptions. Both rose colored.
Look forward to seeing him return next season with a chip on his shoulder and plenty to prove>

get well Harry get well !!

2 minutes ago, Dr Krentist said:

Who's down to send him chocolate chip pancakes?

I will deliver them.. love those things since was  a kid at summer camp

He wanted perspective, so he went to the hospital to see a 10 year old with cancer. That’s sad, and heartening at the same time. I love so many of these young (and older) guys! 

He also caught him self with “I haven’t got....I haven’t earned as many plays as I’d want.” Nice process thinking type guy there! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....unconscionable as to how ACL's are the NFL's "common cold".......what gives?................

At least it’s not the end of the career the way it used to be. He got hurt early in the season so the bright side is he should be ready to go by camp. My son was back on a basketball court 5 months after ACL surgery. Shaky?  Sure, but out there learning to trust it again. 

Amazing how far they have come. Wasn’t it an ACL that basically ended CB Robert James’ career far too soon? 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Its more like what doesn’t give, namely artificial turf

Might be although turf is better now then is used to be.  

Surgical repair wasn’t as absolute as it is now.

A bunch of the old timers didn’t have ACLs.

Speed and voilence of the game keeps trending upward. 

Lot of components to this one

58 minutes ago, Augie said:

At least it’s not the end of the career the way it used to be. He got hurt early in the season so the bright side is he should be ready to go by camp. My son was back on a basketball court 5 months after ACL surgery. Shaky?  Sure, but out there learning to trust it again. 

Amazing how far they have come. Wasn’t it an ACL that basically ended CB Robert James’ career far too soon? 

Feel like Culpepper never was tbe same after his  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Feel like Culpepper never was tbe same after his  

He had a number of other issues, as I recall. I never thought he was all that, and I think he was pretty dependent upon having Randy Moss making him look good. I could be off there, as always!  

But there are never any guarantees! He was always a bit chubby, no? If you don’t work your %&# off in rehab you won’t get the optimal results. 

22 minutes ago, Augie said:

He had a number of other issues, as I recall. I never thought he was all that, and I think he was pretty dependent upon having Randy Moss making him look good. I could be off there, as always!  

But there are never any guarantees! He was always a bit chubby, no? If you don’t work your %&# off in rehab you won’t get the optimal results. 

Fair point Randy Moss had the catch radius the size of a hot air balloon.

Fact on rehab- I slacked on my rehab using “had to work” as an excuse and it took 5 years before my strong leg was my strong leg again. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

If it's just the ACL, he'll be fine next season. Especially with access to top-level surgeons, rehab, and training. It's only when there's collateral damage, particularly to cartilage, that things get dicey. Ligament repairs are very straightforward now, but meniscus and articular cartilage are still difficult to restore to original condition. 

I've torn both of my ACLs, but was fortunate that I did very little damage to the cartilage each time. I was back to regularly programmed ski bumming in 6 months, without the benefit of professional trainers and primo drugs. It's a tough recovery process, but eventually you get back to normal. 

• Like (+1) 1