Lee Smith

5 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It wasn't true though. That was on Josh. :D

Imagine in the film session when McD and Daboll are yelling "You just can't do that! Throw it away!" and Josh says "No! It wasn't me! That's on all ten of those other guys, too! Maybe 45 or even 52 of them!"

Get Gilmore out of Allen's jersey.

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Josh Allen mic’d up video shows that Smith is the guy who goes over after the bad pick and says it was on all of us. He screams culture and process.

Right. His value to Allen, Sweeney, and Knox on the field, and within the culture of the team, is immense.

15 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He is the kinda guy teams are built with. Not just talent, but a real football team.

Hard working , selfless, dedicated guys who will do anything that's asked of them

DiMarco, Smith,  Gore... Lots of guys who understands roles on a football team

Great move by the Bills brass to bring him back.  The TE group needed some leadership and he's a fantastic role model.  For them.  Scrappy as all get out too.  Still has a hint of that East Tennessee accent there despite living up in B'lo and out in O-Town the last several years.  These are the real "hills" of Tennessee with real, actual Hillbillies.  I've met quite a few of them.  Accents as thick as molasses.  Knoxville natives have a very subdued version of that accent though for the most part. 

23 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah I make fun of him at times but he has been a clear help to the other TEs, offense, and team. 

Yep. He's near the end of his career. He knows what he is, and he knows what he needs to be in order to stick around. Even without Kroft available, the upgrade in the TE position (Smith/Knox/Sweeney) is one of the most obvious so far this year. Croom better start looking for a new job, or a new girlfriend, or both.