Sal Capaccio Scolds Howard Simon For “Conceding Victory” to NE!!!

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

I just don't see this as the year.  Nice start , but Giants (early) and Bengals (late) showed the defense can be scored on , and Allen is still pretty raw and will throw a couple to the other side on Sunday.   Pats won't allow turnovers to be wasted like the Bills 1st three opponents did.   This game could be over very quickly.  We shall see.   McBeanes know what they are doing.  The tide is going to turn at some point.   When is the issue.

the defense can be scored on?  They gave up 14 and 17 points!?!!

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Because I still think the Patriots are a better team. I expect us to beat plenty of teams this year. I don't expect us to beat New England. They are more talented and, yes, they are better coached. 

Oh you still think that?:rolleyes:

C'mon man.........New England lost 5 games last season and all of them were to clearly inferior opponents and they are traditionally most vulnerable to upset in September.

It's fair for a divisional opponent to expect to beat them once out of 5 games with 3 of those 5 having been at home.   

There is a difference between expecting something and then being surprised when it doesn't happen............I will not be surprised by another defeat but I do expect my HC to have his day once in a while.    Even a dog HC does........see Adam Gase 12/9/18.

3 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

I've said it before, Jerry Sullivan on 1270,  9-noon, is actually decent and far better than the "Instigators".

He covers more than WGR shows. Lots of out of town sports writers as guests. It's a nice alternative.

Jerry can be tedious at times, but I agree. He gets all the media folks who cover the Bills on his show. It's good listening most days.

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

How can I get it in Florida? Does 1270 have an app or share one? It’s the only way I listen to GR. I hate the sports jocks, but it’s Buffalo..

Live stream: https://tunein.com/radio/Sports-Radio-1270-The-Fan-s29349/

Archive: https://tunein.com/podcasts/Talk-Show-Replays/The-Bucky-And-Sully-Show-p1180567/

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GG said:

I would dispute that point.  The games were much closer than the final score would indicate.  In 3 of the 4 losses, Bills were either tied or within 1 score midway through the 3Q.  Bills just didn't have the horses on offense to keep up until the end.  Thus, this game will fall squarely on Allen's shoulders.

Like I said the Bills have been DOMINATED on at least one side of the ball in every game vs. NE under McD.

They did not even score a single TD against a 5 loss NE team last year until the closing seconds of the second matchup.:doh:

That actually made the score look CLOSER than it was...........not "closer than the final score would indicate".

The game at New Era was 9-0 for most of the first half with the Pats in total control and the Bills crept back into it temporarily with a couple of FG's from mid-field but there was never any threat of them scoring a TD and taking a lead.   Thinking otherwise is cherry picked box score scouting.   The Bills never even reached the red zone in that game!

They were utterly dominated by the Pats defense in both games last year.

And yes they didn't have "the horses".........but neither did many of the teams that beat the Pats.    Did the Dolphins, Jags or Titans have the horses on offense?

But let's just say it was the horses and pretend that is a rock solid excuse.........choices were made by McD that caused that deficiency.

You can say they tanked the roster last year if you want.........but that was their choice.

Or how about when you are a first time HC and you decide to run your own draft and you literally pass on Patrick Mahomes(eschewing QB entirely) and JuJu Smith Shuster(for a different WR who sucks) right off the bat and then you can't pass the football for a couple years.........well then it's not entirely misfortune that you lack offensive firepower,  is it?

The great thing about McBeane is there is so little room for subjectivity with their performance...........they own this and it's not like prior regimes where someone can be scapegoated.  

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m talking about the present and the current Bills team.....not history. Today’s team and our current trajectory I find encouraging. We might not be fully there yet, but yes,  I like the direction. 

It is happening right now. This process seems subtle at first. It is almost like a potted plant...we pay little attention and then it is full grown! Corny I know, but thats how it is going down. So when can we safely say we are going to beat the Pats if not this year.

Edited by Rocket94

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Sal is an inarticulate idiot.

He is basically suggesting that Howard should not be allowed to state his own opinion on the outcome of the game.  He asked for Howard's expectation and Howard gave it to him.

Sal then argues that Howard is conceding.

Sal!  Howard isn't playing the game, you f-ing moron.

Sal's cheerleading in this exchange is also totally unprofessional.  He is supposed to be an unbiased member of the media and is in a position to ask questions to players, coaches, and other members of the Bills organization.  He needs to learn to separate Sal the Buffalonian/Bills fan from Sal the public figure and member of the media.

This does help explain the softball leading questions he loves to ask McDermott and players, however.

Sports media has to become more team-friendly in the social media age because the teams they cover can cut off access real quick.  At the least, it could mean important sources stop feeding you information.  And when you work for the broadcast network, being critical could lead to you losing your job. 

The Buffalo News was forced to basically remove two critical personalities by the Pegula's because they dared question their ownership of the Bills and Sabres.  It didn't matter that those two writers were more often than not correct in saying both franchises were mismanaged. 

I'm not the biggest Sal fan, but keep that in mind when you listen to him. 

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have said this before and I mean it. There is not a person in the world that knows less about sports then Howard or Jeremy. Not people in sports media...just humans in general. Schopp is bad. But you can tell he’s just saying things to annoy people. He is just a troll that thinks he’s smart and funny. These two guys on the morning show are the absolute worst. And I don’t even live anywhere near Buffalo so I have to use the app to hear them. I hear lots of other shows around the country, nobody else is like these guys. They have Howard Simon pick the Bills. This guy is the last person around that would have a valued opinion on anything football related. Who would possibly care what he thinks their record could be? The guy probably couldn’t name another player on any of the teams we play. Sal must just cringe every time he has to talk to either of them because they will just be factually incorrect constantly. Or have the most ridiculously off base opinions. I’m sure Sal doesn’t want to be rude and just constantly correct these idiots.

Another overly dramatic take.  You have the App, don't care for the hosts, but still listen?  :lol:

49 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Like I said the Bills have been DOMINATED on at least one side of the ball in every game vs. NE under McD.

They did not even score a single TD against a 5 loss NE team last year until the closing seconds of the second matchup.:doh:

That actually made the score look CLOSER than it was...........not "closer than the final score would indicate".

The game at New Era was 9-0 for most of the first half with the Pats in total control and the Bills crept back into it temporarily with a couple of FG's from mid-field but there was never any threat of them scoring a TD and taking a lead.   Thinking otherwise is cherry picked box score scouting.   The Bills never even reached the red zone in that game!

They were utterly dominated by the Pats defense in both games last year.

And yes they didn't have "the horses".........but neither did many of the teams that beat the Pats.    Did the Dolphins, Jags or Titans have the horses on offense?

But let's just say it was the horses and pretend that is a rock solid excuse.........choices were made by McD that caused that deficiency.

You can say they tanked the roster last year if you want.........but that was their choice.

Or how about when you are a first time HC and you decide to run your own draft and you literally pass on Patrick Mahomes(eschewing QB entirely) and JuJu Smith Shuster(for a different WR who sucks) right off the bat and then you can't pass the football for a couple years.........well then it's not entirely misfortune that you lack offensive firepower,  is it?

The great thing about McBeane is there is so little room for subjectivity with their performance...........they own this and it's not like prior regimes where someone can be scapegoated.  

Context matters.  Bills defense had Brady totally confused in the first game and I chalk up the Pats* win to the fortune of playing against Derek Anderson's offense featuring Kelvin Benjamin.  The most common refrain heard in that game was "If we only got competent QB play"  But I certainly don't recall any domination by Pats* on either side of the ball.  It was equally putrid offenses, where Pats* eventually outlasted the Bills.  In the second outing, BB smartly ran the ball, which clearly demonstrated Milano's value to the defense.  Even in that one, Bills missed some breaks, including something that you pointed out about throwing the deep ball in the sunny side of the field.  If Foster makes the catch, it's a different ball game altogether

I don't know what Sal's getting at here.

Howard is right.  It's likely, if not indeed certain, the Patriots will win.  They are 7 point favorites for a reason. 

Howard's job, and any person who's job it is to be objective about sports, is to be RIGHT.  He may WANT the Bills to win.  We all WANT the Bills to win.  But wanting it, and expecting it are two different things.

It's RIGHT to say the Bills are likely to lose the game.  

"Conceding the game" as some sort of biting critique is nonsense.  The Patriots are objectively the better team in every statistical category, this season.  Take history out of the formula, and the Patriots remain the favorite. 

I'll never understand "fans" calling other people out for being right.  It's not "hating your team" for being objective.  We'd all stand to be more objective about our place in life.  You're not a hater, you're not a jerk, you're not a bandwagon fan for being right.  I'd love to be wrong about this.  I want the Bills to win.  Can people on this board appreciate nuance?  

I value objectivity, fact-based opinion, and accurate predictions over blatant, embarrassing "whatever bro #BillsMafia" fandom.  Tell me the truth.  Our country is falling the ***** apart because people don't want to hear, read, or consume the truth. 

Walter Cronkite helped end Vietnam because he told the truth.  We need more Walter Cronkites.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Peevo said:

Howard is right.  It's likely, if not indeed certain, the Patriots will win.  They are 7 point favorites for a reason. 

Howard's job, and any person who's job it is to be objective about sports, is to be RIGHT.  He may WANT the Bills to win.  We all WANT the Bills to win.  But wanting it, and expecting it are two different things.

"Conceding the game" as some sort of biting critique is nonsense.  The Patriots are objectively the better team in every statistical category, this season.  Take history out of the formula, and the Patriots remain the favorite. 

I'll never understand "fans" calling other people out for being right.  It's not "hating your team" for being objective.  We'd all stand to be more objective about our place in life.  You're not a hater, you're not a jerk, you're not a bandwagon fan for being right.  I'd love to be wrong about this.  I want the Bills to win.  Can people on this board appreciate nuance?  

I value objectivity, fact-based opinion, and accurate predictions over blatant, embarrassing "whatever bro #BillsMafia" fandom.  Tell me the truth.  Our country is falling the ***** apart because people don't want to hear, read, or consume the truth. 

Walter Cronkite helped end Vietnam because he told the truth.  We need more Walter Cronkites.  

But they also played the 3 worst teams in the NFL. They have yet to play a team at the Bills level. But Simon, along with many here, are willing to roll over without a fight. You know what the Patriots record is against this 2019 Bills team? 0-0! 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But they also played the 3 worst teams in the NFL. They have yet to play a team at the Bills level. But Simon, along with many here, are willing to roll over without a fight. You know what the Patriots record is against this 2019 Bills team? 0-0! 

I appreciate the positivity.  It's admirable in these bleak times.  I really mean that.

Just speaking for myself here, I've been burned too many damn times by Greek-tragic level near-wins and close losses to this team to ever think it's gonna get better.  Sorry man.  I don't know what else to say.

There's this depressing play:

And this one:

And this one - cue to 3:15

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000093727/GameDay-Bills-vs-Patriots-highlights

And these are just simply off the top of my head.  We could do a full draft of "Horrific Ways to Lose to the Patriots" games.  It's ENDLESS.

I'm broken, dawg.  I can't be hopeful with this game anymore.  My brain literally cannot comprehend the concept of a winning outcome.  

There's freedom in hopelessness.  I'm 32.  Brady has been dominating my team since I was 14 years old.  It will never end. 

Someone explain to me why I shouldn't think like this.  I'm not even being sarcastic.  It's toxic.

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Context matters.  Bills defense had Brady totally confused in the first game and I chalk up the Pats* win to the fortune of playing against Derek Anderson's offense featuring Kelvin Benjamin.  The most common refrain heard in that game was "If we only got competent QB play"  But I certainly don't recall any domination by Pats* on either side of the ball.  It was equally putrid offenses, where Pats* eventually outlasted the Bills.  In the second outing, BB smartly ran the ball, which clearly demonstrated Milano's value to the defense.  Even in that one, Bills missed some breaks, including something that you pointed out about throwing the deep ball in the sunny side of the field.  If Foster makes the catch, it's a different ball game altogether

Adding more context shouldn't provide encouragement:

1. The Pats had just 3 wins and 5 losses on the road last season.

2. The 19 point win over Buffalo was their largest margin of victory on the road in 2018. ( Do the Jets win the moral victory championship by keeping their loss to the Pats to 14?)

3. Teams that Buffalo would later beat(Detroit and Jacksonville) knocked off the Pats by 2 score margins!

Yeah after the Pats had 3 unanswered scoring drives in the first half the Bills managed to kick a couple 50 yarders keep the score close for a quarter and a half............but the Bills had virtually no chance of altering the game with an offensive TD the way they were playing..........I think the offense moved the ball over the 50 yard line ONCE.

And in the end they once again got housed by 3 scores by a VERY vulnerable Patriots team.

And I don't want to hear about Derek Anderson...........who's fault was it that he was there?   Would Allen or Peterman have fared better at that point?   Anderson threw for 290 yards he didn't single handedly hinder them.

People try to make "excuses" out of "reasons" for this regime...........and it's entirely unnecessary..........they own every bit of what they've done and continue to do and so far that's a resounding 0-4 against the Pats.    

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Peevo said:

Thank you!

Yes, everything you write here is spot on.

Sal is an idiot.  Explains the entire exchange with Howard.

I only wish Sal had the balls to enter such an exchange with Schopp (he doesn't).  

Schopp doesn't suffer fools and is nasty by nature, whereas Howard is an easy going guy.

Schopp might have scarred Sal for life with his counter.

PS:  I have noticed that Sal is confused at least 2 to 3 times per week by a question coming from Mike Schopp.  Mike asks the question, Sal stops and says "What do you mean, I don't follow" and Mike has to reiterate the question.  LOL.

Sal is a total moron.  He should be teaching gym class to 10 year olds somewhere.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh you still think that?:rolleyes:

C'mon man.........New England lost 5 games last season and all of them were to clearly inferior opponents and they are traditionally most vulnerable to upset in September.

It's fair for a divisional opponent to expect to beat them once out of 5 games with 3 of those 5 having been at home.   

There is a difference between expecting something and then being surprised when it doesn't happen............I will not be surprised by another defeat but I do expect my HC to have his day once in a while.    Even a dog HC does........see Adam Gase 12/9/18.

I still think they are better - yes. I give the Bills a better shot this year but I am buying the Patriots defense. I think it is really good. I am not gonna expect them to beat the Pats until they show me they can