Sal Capaccio Scolds Howard Simon For “Conceding Victory” to NE!!!

I have said this before and I mean it. There is not a person in the world that knows less about sports then Howard or Jeremy. Not people in sports media...just humans in general. Schopp is bad. But you can tell he’s just saying things to annoy people. He is just a troll that thinks he’s smart and funny. These two guys on the morning show are the absolute worst. And I don’t even live anywhere near Buffalo so I have to use the app to hear them. I hear lots of other shows around the country, nobody else is like these guys. They have Howard Simon pick the Bills. This guy is the last person around that would have a valued opinion on anything football related. Who would possibly care what he thinks their record could be? The guy probably couldn’t name another player on any of the teams we play. Sal must just cringe every time he has to talk to either of them because they will just be factually incorrect constantly. Or have the most ridiculously off base opinions. I’m sure Sal doesn’t want to be rude and just constantly correct these idiots.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I listened and wish I didn’t. Ridiculous and amateur. Again, I really feel bad for my WNY brethren. Y’all have absolutely nothing of value from radio sports to listen to.

I've said it before, Jerry Sullivan on 1270,  9-noon, is actually decent and far better than the "Instigators".

He covers more than WGR shows. Lots of out of town sports writers as guests. It's a nice alternative.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with Sal on one point. It is not and should never be "okay to lose." I don't think that is how the Bills operate though, particularly with this regime. I think they want to win. I'm just of the view that they have to show me they can stand up against the Patriots before I am going to bang the table saying they can. 

I don't even bother worrying about "if" they can..............they should just be expected to win periodically against the Patriots. 

McD is 0-4 vs BB and the games have all been pretty sound beatings where they were manhandled on one side of the ball at least and thoroughly outcoached............unless you have zero faith in the regime ever winning a SB though why not expect them to finally get their sh*t together against the Patriots?    You don't have to be a SB favorite to beat the Pats in September.

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't even bother worrying about "if" they can..............they should just be expected to win periodically against the Patriots. 

McD is 0-4 vs BB and the games have all been pretty sound beatings where they were manhandled on one side of the ball at least and thoroughly outcoached............unless you have zero faith in the regime ever winning a SB though why not expect them to finally get their sh*t together against the Patriots?    You don't have to be a SB favorite to beat the Pats in September.

Because I still think the Patriots are a better team. I expect us to beat plenty of teams this year. I don't expect us to beat New England. They are more talented and, yes, they are better coached. 

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I would dispute that point.  The games were much closer than the final score would indicate.  In 3 of the 4 losses, Bills were either tied or within 1 score midway through the 3Q.  Bills just didn't have the horses on offense to keep up until the end.  Thus, this game will fall squarely on Allen's shoulders.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Sal is an inarticulate idiot.

He is basically suggesting that Howard should not be allowed to state his own opinion on the outcome of the game.  He asked for Howard's expectation and Howard gave it to him.

Sal then argues that Howard is conceding.

Sal!  Howard isn't playing the game, you f-ing moron.

Sal's cheerleading in this exchange is also totally unprofessional.  He is supposed to be an unbiased member of the media and is in a position to ask questions to players, coaches, and other members of the Bills organization.  He needs to learn to separate Sal the Buffalonian/Bills fan from Sal the public figure and member of the media.

This does help explain the softball leading questions he loves to ask McDermott and players, however.

This is total BS.   It's Buffalo sports radio, not a national show.  Statements like this are just ridiculous...

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I listened and wish I didn’t. Ridiculous and amateur. Again, I really feel bad for my WNY brethren. Y’all have absolutely nothing of value from radio sports to listen to.

It really is brutal. I have to beg the guys to turn it off on the postgame ride home.

Usually, “let’s go to the callers” gets the station changed for me ha.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

I've said it before, Jerry Sullivan on 1270,  9-noon, is actually decent and far better than the "Instigators".

He covers more than WGR shows. Lots of out of town sports writers as guests. It's a nice alternative.

How can I get it in Florida? Does 1270 have an app or share one? It’s the only way I listen to GR. I hate the sports jocks, but it’s Buffalo..

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

You're happy with the big picture? Not me. Been a fan since the 70's. Big picture for me is 4 losing superbowls, a dozen years of losing to NE and countless moral victories. Totally agree with Sal. Time to get behind this team 100%. I want to see a young team go out there against all the odds, against all the talking heads and knock down the Patriots dynasty, brick by brick.  They can do it. All they have to do is believe it. This game could actually put this team in a position to win the division. The objective is not to merely make the playoffs. It's to win the superbowl. Go big or go home!

I’m talking about the present and the current Bills team.....not history. Today’s team and our current trajectory I find encouraging. We might not be fully there yet, but yes,  I like the direction. 

• Like (+1) 2

I dont care if we lose by 1 point, 10 points or 50 points i will be pissed as i walk out of that stadium. It will never be ok to lose to this team. Ive learned a few years ago, my hatred for the patriots, outweighs my love for the bills. I show up to see the Patriots lose, in person, this Sunday!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with Sal on one point. It is not and should never be "okay to lose." I don't think that is how the Bills operate though, particularly with this regime. I think they want to win. I'm just of the view that they have to show me they can stand up against the Patriots before I am going to bang the table saying they can. 

Yes, this was exactly my view as well. Sal was saying that you should never say it's ok to lose but I agree with Howard that I don't expect them to win this game. I'm hopeful and think it's possible they can but I don't expect it. And as fans we can look ahead anyway. The most important part is that the players don't look ahead and we shock the nation on Sunday

I feel like the Bills are playing with house money at this point. They aren't expected to win by the experts and just go ahead and look at the point spread. That's ok. I don't expect them to win either. I also don't care or am as emotionally invested in this game as other fans because it's the Patriots. For so long fans have made this game the Superbowl for the Bills because we were so bad for so long that it was the only game fans cared about winning. Well guess what, I'm well past that, it's just one game and it's a regular season game. My expectations for this team are much bigger than caring about 1 game against a team that is considered the best in the league. My eyes are all over the Titans, Browns, Denver, Pittsburgh, Miami*2 and Jets games. Those are the games that we have to win if we want to make the playoffs. Anyone that is considered a wild card contender will be very important. Also even if we win Sunday it doesn't mean we are guaranteed to make the playoffs and it isn't a playoff victory. So finally I'll finish with this, I don't care about beating the Patriots in the regular season, let's do our best to win games throughout the regular season, get into the playoffs and BEAT THEM IN THE PLAYOFFS WHERE IT MATTERS!

• Thank you (+1) 1