Sal Capaccio Scolds Howard Simon For “Conceding Victory” to NE!!!

6 hours ago, QB Bills said:

So he's not going to pick the bills to win but he's not conceding victory either? Huh??

exactly..it was a very stupid segment

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I listened and wish I didn’t. Ridiculous and amateur. Again, I really feel bad for my WNY brethren. Y’all have absolutely nothing of value from radio sports to listen to.

i like GR, like most of what Howard and Jeremy do, this was just dumb. What fans think means zero anyway.

I agree with Sal on one point. It is not and should never be "okay to lose." I don't think that is how the Bills operate though, particularly with this regime. I think they want to win. I'm just of the view that they have to show me they can stand up against the Patriots before I am going to bang the table saying they can. 

Howard was on the money IMO. 

I don't expect them to win. My mentality doesn't have to mirror what the team believes. Like Cole Beasely said about the past twenty years, he wasn't here, so the past history doesn't and shouldn't matter to how they perceive this game. 

But we all were here. As a fan, it's naive to ignore the history of the Patriots' dominance over the Bills. Yes, I get the new team, new players, etc and that's all great. I hope they win! 

I just don't expect it and I think that opinion has 20 years more substance than the alternative. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am with Howard. For me to pick them to beat the Patriots they gotta show me they can beat the Patriots. 

I just don't see this as the year.  Nice start , but Giants (early) and Bengals (late) showed the defense can be scored on , and Allen is still pretty raw and will throw a couple to the other side on Sunday.   Pats won't allow turnovers to be wasted like the Bills 1st three opponents did.   This game could be over very quickly.  We shall see.   McBeanes know what they are doing.  The tide is going to turn at some point.   When is the issue.

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Sal is an inarticulate idiot.

He is basically suggesting that Howard should not be allowed to state his own opinion on the outcome of the game.  He asked for Howard's expectation and Howard gave it to him.

Sal then argues that Howard is conceding.

Sal!  Howard isn't playing the game, you f-ing moron.

Sal's cheerleading in this exchange is also totally unprofessional.  He is supposed to be an unbiased member of the media and is in a position to ask questions to players, coaches, and other members of the Bills organization.  He needs to learn to separate Sal the Buffalonian/Bills fan from Sal the public figure and member of the media.

This does help explain the softball leading questions he loves to ask McDermott and players, however.

Sal used to be a football coach so he has a different mindset 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Sal is an inarticulate idiot.

He is basically suggesting that Howard should not be allowed to state his own opinion on the outcome of the game.  He asked for Howard's expectation and Howard gave it to him.

Sal then argues that Howard is conceding.

Sal!  Howard isn't playing the game, you f-ing moron.

Sal's cheerleading in this exchange is also totally unprofessional.  He is supposed to be an unbiased member of the media and is in a position to ask questions to players, coaches, and other members of the Bills organization.  He needs to learn to separate Sal the Buffalonian/Bills fan from Sal the public figure and member of the media.

This does help explain the softball leading questions he loves to ask McDermott and players, however.

I agree w most of this, but Sal is employed by the Bills. He’s state media. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

They can win and I’m sure they believe they can...

thats why this convo was ridiculous, all that matters is the players

4 minutes ago, stony said:

I agree w most of this, but Sal is employed by the Bills. He’s state media. 

nope, he is employed by GR..Murph and Tasker employed by the Bills

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

thats why this convo was ridiculous, all that matters is the players

nope, he is employed by GR..Murph and Tasker employed by the Bills

Yes, he’s also an employee of the Buffalo Bills radio broadcast team. 

• Like (+1) 2

Sal is the biggest joke in local media. A total jock sniffer, an Uncle Rico. He's also a classic humble bragger. Just don't dig the guy, his over the top, super hyper, childlike giddyness just oozes jock sniffer. The way he refers to players by their first name shows his desire to try and seem like he's friend with players and not covering them. I think any reporter who refers to players y their first name isn't professional and distancing themselves from their work. But Sal's biggest credibility problem is the homerism, evident by this rant and this point: 

”I’m not going to pick the Bills to win, but I’m not going to concede victory.  I’m done with that. Period.”

By not picking them to win, moron, you are conceding victory. Put your Bills underoos on and go to work.

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Augie said:

I won’t concede victory by any means. Nor will I wallow in pity if we don’t win. It’s one game. I’ve been at this for many decades. I like the big picture just fine, thank you. 

You're happy with the big picture? Not me. Been a fan since the 70's. Big picture for me is 4 losing superbowls, a dozen years of losing to NE and countless moral victories. Totally agree with Sal. Time to get behind this team 100%. I want to see a young team go out there against all the odds, against all the talking heads and knock down the Patriots dynasty, brick by brick.  They can do it. All they have to do is believe it. This game could actually put this team in a position to win the division. The objective is not to merely make the playoffs. It's to win the superbowl. Go big or go home!

• Thank you (+1) 1