Sal Capaccio Scolds Howard Simon For “Conceding Victory” to NE!!!

Great audio today from WGR - Coach Sal Capaccio was in for Jeremy White and he challenged Howard Simon.  I’ve often been disappointed when Sal hasn’t challenged Mike Schopp on his BS - but he was on fire this AM

Listen from around 10:00 to 15:00

http://WGR550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/09-25-hr-2-howard-and-Jeremy-Show-feat-sal-capaccio

Howard grumbled about how he doesn’t think the Bills can beat the Patriots and Sal started to scold him and said that it sounds like he’s conceding victory.

His main point was - they may not win but fans needs to stop just giving up and almost accepting losing. 

Some of his great quotes!

“I’m tired of that.  I’m tired of ‘it’s ok if they lose.’ NO IT’S NOT OK IF THEY LOSE!”

“I’m tired of the shoulder shrugging.  I’m tired of the playing for 2nd place.”

”I’m not going to pick the Bills to win, but I’m not going to concede victory.  I’m done with that. Period.”

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

this Bills team has just as much talent as the Pats. The Bills are young and haven’t won a thing, but they have raw talent. It’s going to be one game that we all look back and say ‘that’s when it changed, that’s when we went from hoping to win to expecting to win’. 

This game at home could be the turning point. 

Just now, Phil The Thrill said:

What the hell does this mean?

Let’s ‘Freakin’ Go

• Like (+1) 3

I won’t concede victory by any means. Nor will I wallow in pity if we don’t win. It’s one game. I’ve been at this for many decades. I like the big picture just fine, thank you. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well I can guarantee that the players and coaches aren't playing for 2nd place. That's what's important.

But let's be honest. They're going to get 2nd place. Even if we beat NE, we aren't going to take the division from them this year. Maybe people think that I am also conceding victory. Oh well.

I'm judging the teams based on their recent history of success. Pats are the reigning super bowl champs and the most successful dynasty in football history. Until the Bills are a consistent contender, nobody is going to take them very seriously. Let's hope this season is the first step towards that goal.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Listen to the audio, my friend.  Answer will explained 

I listened and wish I didn’t. Ridiculous and amateur. Again, I really feel bad for my WNY brethren. Y’all have absolutely nothing of value from radio sports to listen to.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I listened and wish I didn’t. Ridiculous and amateur. Again, I really feel bad for my WNY brethren. Y’all have absolutely nothing of value from radio sports to listen to.

I disagree. Minnepolis St.Paul has a much larger market with 6 pro franchises and major college football. The radio here is the same thing amateurish and passionate the way I like it. Only here when they go negative on the Vikings Twins or Wild i get extra enjoyment because Im still a Buffalo fan and always will be. Buffalo sports personalities are the best. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Sal is an inarticulate idiot.

He is basically suggesting that Howard should not be allowed to state his own opinion on the outcome of the game.  He asked for Howard's expectation and Howard gave it to him.

Sal then argues that Howard is conceding.

Sal!  Howard isn't playing the game, you f-ing moron.

Sal's cheerleading in this exchange is also totally unprofessional.  He is supposed to be an unbiased member of the media and is in a position to ask questions to players, coaches, and other members of the Bills organization.  He needs to learn to separate Sal the Buffalonian/Bills fan from Sal the public figure and member of the media.

This does help explain the softball leading questions he loves to ask McDermott and players, however.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We know this team is progressing nicely with Josh Allen so far.  We could easily be 1-2 but they made the plays and were clutch to earn their wins and are 3-0 deservedly so.  Are we going to win this Sun, probably not but on any given Sun you have a chance and can win in the NFL.  Do the Bills have a chance, absolutely!  If they Gameplan well,  play SMART, PHYSICAL and get pressure on Brady we can win.  We really do need to change our old ways of thinking and start Billeving!  Win or lose we're on the right track and I'm behind this team and management!  Who's with me on this one?

Now let's go shock the nation!

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1