Patriots presser - Belichick

Hebert19

BB is a piece of ***** like Brady, but I’ll disrespect him slightly less because he’ll do whatever it takes to win and doesn’t care if you know that or not.

***** him though. He and the patriots have forever tainted the league. 

Edited by GETTOTHE50
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Mango said:

“I wouldn’t say they do anything complicated, but what they do, they do well”

BB was about as praising as he gets here. He regularly muffs on people’s names and just says positions. He named Poyer and Hyde specifically.

But the above quote is a worry of mine. I think we play really sound football, and do what we do well. But if TB and BB figure it out, the offense will need to carry the load because it’s not tricky on that side of the ball. Which is fine by me, because as BB said, it’s worked in CAR, and worked here for 3 years, why would we change. 

Realistically, I think we have a great shot if we can hold NE under 24, and we can put up 28. I think no matter what happens 24 points has got to be the bare minimum on the offensive side of the ball 

I think we might be able to keep NE to 24 or something like that, but I'd be shocked if we can score 28.  

In fact, I feel like there is no way we can do that, and that's why I predicted a loss in the prediction thread.

BB is going to frustrate Josh and I am predicting him to have by far his worst game of the season, so far.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I think we might be able to keep NE to 24 or something like that, but I'd be shocked if we can score 28.  

In fact, I feel like there is no way we can do that, and that's why I predicted a loss in the prediction thread.

BB is going to frustrate Josh and I am predicting him to have by far his worst game of the season, so far.

Yeah, definitely not predicting, just saying what we need to be capable of. 

If I had to put my mortgage on this game, I think I’d be a homeless Bills fan. 

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

I hate the Patriots with a passion.  Having said that I love belichick's pressers.  This one in particular is more complimentary than he normally is (towards us) and he is more talkative than normal.  

What I take away from this is despite his aloof nature this man is a genius.  Watch this and you get am understanding of how much he knows about the bills.   It's actually quite crazy.  Knows all the names, all the specifics  about the defense.  Dude doesn't miss anything which is why he is such a good coach.  Attention to detail.  

On the Bills side...he respects McDermott  you can tell and he's most concerned about the secondary.   In general it's not the same old, "oh ya he's a good player next" ...he isn't glossing over this roster.  

He wishes he had our Roster to go with Tom Brady.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

I hate the Patriots with a passion.  Having said that I love belichick's pressers. 

Same here.  Hate the Pats but have always enjoyed listening to BB, including his press conferences where he routinely shows his disdain for the lame modern questions. 

I suspect when he retires, if he chooses to be on TV he will be the most only interesting and insightful voice in the studio.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I hate the Patriots with a passion.  Having said that I love belichick's pressers.  This one in particular is more complimentary than he normally is (towards us) and he is more talkative than normal.  

What I take away from this is despite his aloof nature this man is a genius.  Watch this and you get am understanding of how much he knows about the bills.   It's actually quite crazy.  Knows all the names, all the specifics  about the defense.  Dude doesn't miss anything which is why he is such a good coach.  Attention to detail.  

On the Bills side...he respects McDermott  you can tell and he's most concerned about the secondary.   In general it's not the same old, "oh ya he's a good player next" ...he isn't glossing over this roster.  

So they know exactly what we are gonna do pre snap.?

31 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I like the one thing he said.  Their defense doesn't make mistakes.   It's pretty rare we do.   He is going to try and move up the field 5 yards at a time.   We need to be disciplined and tackle well. 

For two decades, Belichick has made a living on capitalizing on opposition mistakes.  He tries to make things difficult for you, pushing you out of your comfort zone.  Then when you do make a mistake, he pounces.  Ultimately, the secret of success versus Belichick is having a well rounded team, minimizing weaknesses in any one area.  If you have a comfort level with lots of different things, its harder for Belichick to make you uncomfortable.  You'll be less prone to making the mistakes he's hoping for.

Building a well rounded team is what Beane and McDermott have worked toward since their arrival in Buffalo.  They are still in process as Josh Allen is still young and developing.  There are areas of the team also that have room for talent upgrades.   If Beane and McDermott are doing this the right way, the teams should be better still next year, but both offense and defense (and hopefully special teams too) should be less inclined to make mistakes this season than last.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The dude is toying with the press and playing with our minds! The only reason that he compliments any other team is to make them think that he has some respect for them. It builds a misguided  confidence in the opponent! Zay Jones a quality player??Then his team goes out and systematically defeats them.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

“I wouldn’t say they do anything complicated, but what they do, they do well”

BB was about as praising as he gets here. He regularly muffs on people’s names and just says positions. He named Poyer and Hyde specifically.

But the above quote is a worry of mine. I think we play really sound football, and do what we do well. But if TB and BB figure it out, the offense will need to carry the load because it’s not tricky on that side of the ball. Which is fine by me, because as BB said, it’s worked in CAR, and worked here for 3 years, why would we change. 

Realistically, I think we have a great shot if we can hold NE under 24, and we can put up 28. I think no matter what happens 24 points has got to be the bare minimum on the offensive side of the ball 

28 points against a Defense that not let a TD in 4 straight games now (since SuperBowl) is going to be unrealistic.   The defense needs to keep Brady under 15 points

• Like (+1) 1