Patriots presser - Belichick

Hebert19

I hate the Patriots with a passion.  Having said that I love belichick's pressers.  This one in particular is more complimentary than he normally is (towards us) and he is more talkative than normal.  

What I take away from this is despite his aloof nature this man is a genius.  Watch this and you get am understanding of how much he knows about the bills.   It's actually quite crazy.  Knows all the names, all the specifics  about the defense.  Dude doesn't miss anything which is why he is such a good coach.  Attention to detail.  

On the Bills side...he respects McDermott  you can tell and he's most concerned about the secondary.   In general it's not the same old, "oh ya he's a good player next" ...he isn't glossing over this roster.  

Edited by Hebert19
Forgot link
  • Like (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

If I could pick anyone in the NFL to meet other than Bills, it would be Bill. I’m just fascinated by this guy. I know most people hate his press conferences, I love them. I think he’s so unentertaining and monotone that he is entertaining. 

Exactly.  And if you listen you get good nuggets but its mixed in with the same answers over and over so you miss it most times.  

• Like (+1) 1

He always give the impression at pressers that somebody is behind him with a gun sticking in his back, making him talk.  You're right, Hebert, in that he is far more specific in his Bills commentary than he's been historically.  I think it's genuine, but I'm sure he absolutely believes his Patriots are going to win.

I listened to the entire thing.  One thing that struck me is that the level of inquiry from the Press Corps was quite high.  I had to wonder if BB had beaten that into them over the years so that they know they should have intelligent on point football questions to ask.  

I also translated his responses and synthesized it came out as this "We want to beat them 44-3 and totally demoralize them for the remainder of this season.  I want to get in the QB's head and humiliate him so he understands he will never beat a team that I coach".   That is not verbatim but an approximation of what that Coach said at that PC. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

“I wouldn’t say they do anything complicated, but what they do, they do well”

BB was about as praising as he gets here. He regularly muffs on people’s names and just says positions. He named Poyer and Hyde specifically.

But the above quote is a worry of mine. I think we play really sound football, and do what we do well. But if TB and BB figure it out, the offense will need to carry the load because it’s not tricky on that side of the ball. Which is fine by me, because as BB said, it’s worked in CAR, and worked here for 3 years, why would we change. 

Realistically, I think we have a great shot if we can hold NE under 24, and we can put up 28. I think no matter what happens 24 points has got to be the bare minimum on the offensive side of the ball 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

He always give the impression at pressers that somebody is behind him with a gun sticking in his back, making him talk.  You're right, Hebert, in that he is far more specific in his Bills commentary than he's been historically.  I think it's genuine, but I'm sure he absolutely believes his Patriots are going to win.

I don’t think it’s a gun, it’s a stick......and it’s not in his back.....

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I listened to the entire thing.  One thing that struck me is that the level of inquiry from the Press Corps was quite high.  I had to wonder if BB had beaten that into them over the years so that they know they should have intelligent on point football questions to ask.  

I also translated his responses and synthesized it came out as this "We want to beat them 44-3 and totally demoralize them for the remainder of this season.  I want to get in the QB's head and humiliate him so he understands he will never beat a team that I coach".   That is not verbatim but an approximation of what that Coach said at that PC. 

I was thinking the same thing. The football IQ seemed to be pretty high with their press corps. They didn’t seem to have a Jerry Sullivan sitting in the room. 

Interesting you chose 44-3. I walked out of the Ralph after Sunday’s game thinking, if we do this next week, we’re losing 42-7. Not far off. Haha Then again, it’s what BB does to young QB’s. Much like the Taliban, they disfigure the young so they remember for a lifetime. (Sorry if that was too much) 

I was actually impressed on how he called each player by name and accurately described their role this year. I’m sure most NFL coaches can break down a team in  similar fashion. I’ve seen many coaches call players by number or position more than their government name . He was very complimentary especially of Daboll.

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

“I wouldn’t say they do anything complicated, but what they do, they do well”

BB was about as praising as he gets here. He regularly muffs on people’s names and just says positions. He named Poyer and Hyde specifically.

But the above quote is a worry of mine. I think we play really sound football, and do what we do well. But if TB and BB figure it out, the offense will need to carry the load because it’s not tricky on that side of the ball. Which is fine by me, because as BB said, it’s worked in CAR, and worked here for 3 years, why would we change. 

Realistically, I think we have a great shot if we can hold NE under 24, and we can put up 28. I think no matter what happens 24 points has got to be the bare minimum on the offensive side of the ball 

Actually, I LOVE our chances in that scenario!!! I’m not a gambling man, but...... ?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Actually, I LOVE our chances in that scenario!!! I’m not a gambling man, but...... ?

Any lead against NE by less than 14 with 1:30 or more on the clock, terrifies me. I don’t bet on NE v. BUF games. 

I did almost parlay BUF, MIA, NYJ last week though. Also, eff you Peyton Manning and Phil Rivers. A few years ago I parlayed each division winner, and the Chargers had a crap year largely thanks to the Broncos. It was the only one I missed and cost me a pretty large profit. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Any lead against NE by less than 14 with 1:30 or more on the clock, terrifies me. I don’t bet on NE v. BUF games. 

I did almost parlay BUF, MIA, NYJ last week though. Also, eff you Peyton Manning and Phil Rivers. A few years ago I parlayed each division winner, and the Chargers had a crap year largely thanks to the Broncos. It was the only one I missed and cost me a pretty large profit. 

Don’t move the goalposts on me! You said hold NE under 24 and we score 28. In THAT case, I’m ALL IN! I like that math! 

• Haha (+1) 2

The guy takes no chances, he’s like Rain Man, I swear he’s touched in a way that gives him a clarity in football that very few others ever achieve.  If you dropped a box of stick matches he would know how many were still in the box after it spilled, he’s a freak that way.

Out side of that F K the patriots

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I hate the Patriots with a passion.  Having said that I love belichick's pressers.  This one in particular is more complimentary than he normally is (towards us) and he is more talkative than normal.  

What I take away from this is despite his aloof nature this man is a genius.  Watch this and you get am understanding of how much he knows about the bills.   It's actually quite crazy.  Knows all the names, all the specifics  about the defense.  Dude doesn't miss anything which is why he is such a good coach.  Attention to detail.  

On the Bills side...he respects McDermott  you can tell and he's most concerned about the secondary.   In general it's not the same old, "oh ya he's a good player next" ...he isn't glossing over this roster.  

Thanks for posting. Belicheck is always entertaining, but keep your eye on this guy!

Edited by Rocket94

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Don’t move the goalposts on me! You said hold NE under 24 and we score 28. In THAT case, I’m ALL IN! I like that math! 

You got me man, I went full John Madden on that one. If we hold them to less points then we score, I like our odds. 

The last year or two, generally you hold NE under 24 you’ll win. If you can put 28 on them, you should be in the middle of a good football game, no matter what they do. 

029D2DEA-9EDE-4D83-BAFA-900F42E8630A.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t think it’s a gun, it’s a stick......and it’s not in his back.....

After giving it some thought, I decided it's more as if he were passing a kidney stone for Bill to speak publicly.

• Haha (+1) 2