Patriots WR Julian Edelman (rib) returns to practice

HOUSE

Edelman is tough, and good.  I expect him to play, and play well.  He's a good outlet for Brady.  

The Bills win maybe four times out of ten in this situation (they've actually won 3 of the past 33 games, and they have a better team than in the recent past).  But it's going to be very difficult.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Edelman is tough, and good.  I expect him to play, and play well.  He's a good outlet for Brady.  

The Bills win maybe four times out of ten in this situation (they've actually won 3 of the past 33 games, and they have a better team than in the recent past).  But it's going to be very difficult.

But you're saying there's a chance!

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Julian Edelman is already back at practice.

The New England Patriots receiver suffered a rib injury that knocked him out of Sunday's victory over the New York Jets. He was back on the practice field Wednesday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001058897/article/patriots-wr-julian-edelman-rib-returns-to-practice

Of course he is!

14 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

For you guys that played football, there is no worse injury. It hurts to breath, walk, bend, reach, and a cough is the worst.

Any contact is extremely painful

I've had it, and you're right -- it sucks! But I'll take it over, say, two torn achilles tendons. ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

For you guys that played football, there is no worse injury. It hurts to breath, walk, bend, reach, and a cough is the worst.

Edelman is one hell of a player and competitor. A throwback to another era.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

It is quite possible that Edelman is too dumb to feel pain.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

I've had it, and you're right -- it sucks! But I'll take it over, say, two torn achilles tendons. ;)

A player tends to protect the injury which can cause dropped passes. Its not something you can control. Been there...

I shutter every time I think about receiving a rocket pass from Josh Allen right to the rib cage. Ouch

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

There are degrees of severity, and not all rib injuries involve broken bones. Many consist of cartilage damage.  I have had several of the latter, but no broken bones.  Most recently was a couple weeks ago.  Yes, it hurt to cough or breathe or sneeze or blow my nose.  It really hurt to inhale through my nose as I sprayed with flonase.   This was the mildest one I've had, and now I can barely feel it.  I've also had one, from a softball game that hurt for a month or so.  It is impossible to know the severity of what Edelman had.  Whatever it was, hopefully, Taron Johnson or Micah Hyde can remind him how it feels.

• Awesome! (+1) 1