EA sports

dib

17 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I'd rather see 2K do it, but I'd be fine with EA even though I think their sports games are generally disappointing. Definitely miss NCAA Football a lot.

EA's NCAA football game was a masterpiece IMO.  

I agree that it needs to come back... as well as hoops.  I google news every month or so to see if there is any movement.  

I will say... that I believe we may be past the halfway point.  We are 6 years since release.  I would bet that we get a game before 2025.  I feel like this student athlete issue will settle out by then and the game will quickly follow.  There is money to be made.  

Edited by May Day 10

18 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

EA's NCAA football game was a masterpiece IMO.  

I agree that it needs to come back... as well as hoops.  I google news every month or so to see if there is any movement.  

I will say... that I believe we may be past the halfway point.  We are 6 years since release.  I would bet that we get a game before 2025.  I feel like this student athlete issue will settle out by then and the game will quickly follow.  There is money to be made.  

Yeah, I think it'll be figured out sometime around then as well. I really hope in the very least, if EA gets NCAA Football, 2K brings back College Hoops. I still go back and play College Hoops 2k8 and NCAA Football 14 every once in awhile when I'm craving it even though basketball/football games have evolved a lot since then.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I'd rather see 2K do it, but I'd be fine with EA even though I think their sports games are generally disappointing. Definitely miss NCAA Football a lot.

I would also like to see 2K enter the football market again. Even if EA sports has Madden and NCAA, if 2K could somehow negotiate a license with the NFL that would be great. In fact, you don’t even need to. Just make the players generic numbers like the old NCAA games used to. But leave it wide open for people to upload their own rosters. You know someone will have the official NFL roster within the first day. 

3 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I would also like to see 2K enter the football market again. Even if EA sports has Madden and NCAA, if 2K could somehow negotiate a license with the NFL that would be great. In fact, you don’t even need to. Just make the players generic numbers like the old NCAA games used to. But leave it wide open for people to upload their own rosters. You know someone will have the official NFL roster within the first day. 

They did something similar to this a few years ago, where they had retired players in the game playing for fictional teams, but it didn't sell too well. I think it was Blitz. I'd personally love to see EA Sports come back with MVP Baseball. I own The Show, but other than the mode where you play as a single player, I mostly play MVP on my PS2. Other than the graphics (which were on par for the time), the gameplay is so much better. 

10 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

They did something similar to this a few years ago, where they had retired players in the game playing for fictional teams, but it didn't sell too well. I think it was Blitz. I'd personally love to see EA Sports come back with MVP Baseball. I own The Show, but other than the mode where you play as a single player, I mostly play MVP on my PS2. Other than the graphics (which were on par for the time), the gameplay is so much better. 

The last MVP baseball was a video game classic.  Always mentioned as one of the best sports games ever released.

2K made awful, awful MLB games.  The Show is pretty darn good though, but people who prefer XBOX are out of luck.  

EA makes really good games.  Their engine is good, and presentation for the most part is excellent.  

My biggest beef with EA is the resources put into online gameplay and micropurchases.  I really dont want to or have a time for Be A Pro.  I also cant get into the "Ultimate Team" modes.  I dont have the time investment, and do not want to pay money just to compete.....  Those things all time out in a year anyway when the next game comes out.  It seems their Franchise modes and offline play has stagnated, and in some cases has regressed.  

NCAA had it really good.  I read an article recently that was about their development team.  All the attention from management would be on the pro sports and FIFA.  They were pretty free to do and try anything they wanted and what they felt made a good game.  

ah, here it is

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2847267-the-cult-of-ncaa-football-how-eas-cfb-series-has-lived-on-despite-cancellation

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

The last MVP baseball was a video game classic.  Always mentioned as one of the best sports games ever released.

2K made awful, awful MLB games.  The Show is pretty darn good though, but people who prefer XBOX are out of luck.  

EA makes really good games.  Their engine is good, and presentation for the most part is excellent.  

My biggest beef with EA is the resources put into online gameplay and micropurchases.  I really dont want to or have a time for Be A Pro.  I also cant get into the "Ultimate Team" modes.  I dont have the time investment, and do not want to pay money just to compete.....  Those things all time out in a year anyway when the next game comes out.  It seems their Franchise modes and offline play has stagnated, and in some cases has regressed.  

NCAA had it really good.  I read an article recently that was about their development team.  All the attention from management would be on the pro sports and FIFA.  They were pretty free to do and try anything they wanted and what they felt made a good game.  

ah, here it is

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2847267-the-cult-of-ncaa-football-how-eas-cfb-series-has-lived-on-despite-cancellation

I literally only bought it back in the day because it had minor league on there, and I was a huge Bisons fan. I bought 05-07 at a used video game shop recently for $2 each. After EA signed the exclusivity deal with the NFl , 2K did the same with MLB. So they released 06 and 07 as NCAA. Same deal as the rest, where they estimate how good each team is and generate fake players, names, etc. But the game play is actually really good. I'm a season ticket holder for UH baseball since moving to Houston, so I got bored and changed all the names to actual players on the team.

5 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

That was called all pro football 2k8. Itvhad legends like OJ and Andre but no real current NFL players or teams

EA sports has a license with the NFL so they are the only ones who can use NFL teams

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.