Oliver currently is #4 in DT Pass Rush Win Rate

syhuang

3 hours ago, PintoJack said:

Another crazy fact is the Bills have batted down down 20 passes in the 1st 3 games

That certainly sounds like a lot. I’d love to know how that stacks up against the rest of the league so far.... I think I read they lead the nfl in that stat last year??? 

On 9/25/2019 at 2:57 PM, syhuang said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27584726/nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

Oliver has 22% pass rush win rate after 3 games, only behind G.Jarrett, Donald, and Campbell.

Top 10 DT Pass Rush Win Rate

1. Grady Jarrett, Falcons, 28%
2. Aaron Donald, Rams, 27%
3. Calais Campbell, Jaguars, 26%
4. Ed Oliver, Bills, 22%
5. Chris Jones, Chiefs, 22%
6. Quinton Jefferson, Seahawks, 21%
7. Maliek Collins, Cowboys, 20%
8. Eddie Goldman, Bears, 19%
9. Corey Peters, Cardinals, 16%
10. Christian Covington, Cowboys, 16%

Also, in the same link above where it also has pass block win rate stats, Morse is #10 (94%) among the centers, only Bills' O-line in top 10 in individual positions. However, Bills has an overall 63% pass block win rate which is good for #6 in all 32 teams.

That's very promising.  Him wrecking Brady would be fantastic.

On 9/26/2019 at 4:03 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

My deal with this dude is that I don't think we should have drafted him with a need for offensive weapons. I'm warming up to him, but I'm not ready to consider him ANY kind of game changer at the moment.

Wait, he's not a game-changer in game three of his rookie season?

Cut him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I generally judge draft success by how well the players do in their first three games.

Edited by Thurman#1

8 hours ago, Chemical said:

I said before the draft Metcalf would put up a 1000 yard season out of the gate. Most here said no way, He’s on pace for 1157 and people are still criticizing him. Another reason ppl didn’t want Metcalf was Robert Foster. Oops. 

As for Oliver. I’ve also moved on, but I agree with Joe for once. The DT position, especially in McDermott’s defense, is just not as important if only because they’re not on the field every down.

Btw, does anyone have the snap count percentage or know where I can look that up?

Having a DL that can create pressure (internal pressure from DTs, especially so) is probably the most important aspect of McDermott's defense...

Edited by junior12thman92
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Chemical said:

I said before the draft Metcalf would put up a 1000 yard season out of the gate. Most here said no way, He’s on pace for 1157 and people are still criticizing him. Another reason ppl didn’t want Metcalf was Robert Foster. Oops. 

As for Oliver. I’ve also moved on, but I agree with Joe for once. The DT position, especially in McDermott’s defense, is just not as important if only because they’re not on the field every down.

Btw, does anyone have the snap count percentage or know where I can look that up?

The DT position and the front 4 is extremely important to McDermott's defense.  He doesn't blitz a lot so he has to generate pressure from the front 4 or his defense will be picked a part.  

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Watched back the Bengals game and it was Oliver's best game I believe. It's coming. 

I think his best game was against the Jets.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Watched back the Bengals game and it was Oliver's best game I believe. It's coming. 

I haven't watched the all22 this week (work has been crazy). On the broadcast I thought he was outstanding first half but disappeared a bit 2nd half (where he seemed to be rotated off the field a fair bit). How did it look on a 2nd view? 

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How do you actually measure that, though, when there's no result....no hit, no sack?

They measure it by how quickly he is able to shed his block (based on the average QB release time of 2.5 sec), penetrate the pocket (which is recalculated with the flow of the play, and closeness (physical distance) /disruption (i.e., prevention of the QB's ability to step up in the pocket) to the QB. It is really about winning his block, not necessarily a physical hit/sack; however, if he is winning his block, then the potential for those things is there.

Edited by billsfan1959

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I haven't watched the all22 this week (work has been crazy). On the broadcast I thought he was outstanding first half but disappeared a bit 2nd half (where he seemed to be rotated off the field a fair bit). How did it look on a 2nd view? 

He had 3-4 rushes that the OL was hardly able to touch him. He split one double team like they weren't even there. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/25/2019 at 2:57 PM, syhuang said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27584726/nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

Oliver has 22% pass rush win rate after 3 games, only behind G.Jarrett, Donald, and Campbell.

Top 10 DT Pass Rush Win Rate

1. Grady Jarrett, Falcons, 28%
2. Aaron Donald, Rams, 27%
3. Calais Campbell, Jaguars, 26%
4. Ed Oliver, Bills, 22%
5. Chris Jones, Chiefs, 22%
6. Quinton Jefferson, Seahawks, 21%
7. Maliek Collins, Cowboys, 20%
8. Eddie Goldman, Bears, 19%
9. Corey Peters, Cardinals, 16%
10. Christian Covington, Cowboys, 16%

Also, in the same link above where it also has pass block win rate stats, Morse is #10 (94%) among the centers, only Bills' O-line in top 10 in individual positions. However, Bills has an overall 63% pass block win rate which is good for #6 in all 32 teams.

Is there a way we could get this updated?  I would think it's gone up by now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Is there a way we could get this updated?  I would think it's gone up by now.

If you click on the link in the post you quoted it is updated, but only to Nov 26th. Oliver is still 4th but with an 18% win rate. 

• Like (+1) 1