Oliver currently is #4 in DT Pass Rush Win Rate

syhuang

Just now, section122 said:

Your expectation for a rookie is 8 sacks from the DT position?  Last year there were 6 DTs that got to that number in the entire NFL.  So you want Ed Oliver to be top 6 right out of the gate?  I can see why you are disappointed lol.  You want him to be unstoppable in the pass rush and this stat has him at #4 in the entire league?  So you are disappointed he isn't top 3?

I don't know what you watch when you watch the games but I usually focus on the lines first and he is very disruptive.  

I want him to live up to his hype.

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I think 3 games is early to say he hasn’t. He had an outstanding debut and an outstanding first half against the Bengals. He did not have a good game against the Giants. I will happily admit that. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think 3 games is early to say he hasn’t. He had an outstanding debut and an outstanding first half against the Bengals. He did not have a good game against the Giants. I will happily admit that. 

Agreed.  These calls for him to, "show us why he was a top 10 pick," kill me.  He's played three effing games!!!!!

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

That's why I don't understand what's gone on in this thread. I said he MIGHT.

I'm hopeful he will.

But the chance  exists he won't.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Quinnen Williams went #3 and Oliver has outplayed him

2018 Bills Rush D finished #16 giving up 114.9 ypg.  2019 Bills Rush D is #8 giving up 87.7 ypg.  The only noticeable change on the dline is the addition of Oliver replacing Kyle Williams.

This is a thread about him being #4 in the entire NFL at pass rush wins.

What hype are you looking for him to live up to?  He hasn't been getting blown up and certainly looks like he belongs in the NFL what more do you want besides the stats I put in my previous post?

1 minute ago, section122 said:

Quinnen Williams went #3 and Oliver has outplayed him

2018 Bills Rush D finished #16 giving up 114.9 ypg.  2019 Bills Rush D is #8 giving up 87.7 ypg.  The only noticeable change on the dline is the addition of Oliver replacing Kyle Williams.

This is a thread about him being #4 in the entire NFL at pass rush wins.

What hype are you looking for him to live up to?  He hasn't been getting blown up and certainly looks like he belongs in the NFL what more do you want besides the stats I put in my previous post?

There were posters here who compared him to Aaron Donald. Likewise draftniks. Aaron Donald is a 15-20 sack guy. If he's THAT guy, great. 8 shouldn't be unreasonable in year one.

Again, for the 1, 593rd time in this thread, I don't *hate* Oliver.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

That's why I don't understand what's gone on in this thread. I said he MIGHT.

I'm hopeful he will.

But the chance  exists he won't.

Indeed. I think you need to lose your man love for DK though. I have started to think it is the topless pics you really like. 

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

There were posters here who compared him to Aaron Donald. Likewise draftniks. Aaron Donald is a 15-20 sack guy. If he's THAT guy, great. 8 shouldn't be unreasonable in year one.

He isn’t Donald but he is the most Donald like since Donald. Donald got 9 sacks his first year but only 1 in his first 5 games. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Indeed. I think you need to lose your man love for DK though. I have started to think it is the topless pics you really like. 

Like Chemical said above...and anyone who knows OUR typical interaction this pains me to say he's right....he's on pace for 1100 yards receiving this year.

That's pretty high impact for a rookie WR.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Like Chemical said above...and anyone who knows OUR typical interaction this pains me to say....he's on pace for 1100 yards receiving this year.

That's pretty high impact for a rookie WR.

Sure but he has caught fewer than 50% of his targets too. That is not close to elite

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Who in the world is talking about Metcalf at 9?  That would’ve been insane.  The place to draft him was the second round.

And I said to Bandit and Badol on the morning of day 2 I would have not opposed that at all. I did have Ford graded a little higher so won’t complain that they made the pick they made but I would have had no opposition to DK in round two. That was value IMO.

8 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

So i've heard.

If what you say is true and the Bills take another DE, DT, or OL in the first round, I'd have serious questions.

I'm cool with them taking whoever's the BPA. The cream of the crop will be gone by pick 32 either way. ?

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Really hoping we go heavy offense this next year with a defense that appears to be stacked.

I will say this....love what they did with the TE position this year

At TE in the draft, they hit it out of the park.  Tyler who?  A 3rd and a 7th round pick rookie not only making the final roster, but showing up all over the place in games.  It seems unusual to not see 88 or 89 on the field with the offense.  It's common to see both and we do have a proven vet in Lee Smith.  Sweeney was a nice surprise in preseason and Knox was such an unknown.  Not anymore!  Rambo ain't no joke!  He can do it all.  Blocks like he was born to do it.  McBeane added two great weapons to this offense on the cheap.   Really impressed with this GM and his staff.  It feels weird to have that feeling about our front office AND coaching staff as a Bills fan.

Ed Oliver must be doing something right.  The last game I noticed the guards on him are taking a step back before engaging him.  I don't think that was the case in preseason and didn't pay attention in the Jets and Giants games.  It was very noticeable last Sunday though.  He's definitely getting in their heads.  It feels like he's just starting to really adjust his game to the pros and is getting into a good groove.  I really liked this pick.  I really like this kid.  He's a powerhouse, top-flight talent but not a d-head or a diva at all.  Seems to have been raised right by his folks.  That's always refreshing in pro sports.  Another solid pick by this front office.

36 minutes ago, Distorted One said:

At TE in the draft, they hit it out of the park.  Tyler who?  A 3rd and a 7th round pick rookie not only making the final roster, but showing up all over the place in games.  It seems unusual to not see 88 or 89 on the field with the offense.  It's common to see both and we do have a proven vet in Lee Smith.  Sweeney was a nice surprise in preseason and Knox was such an unknown.  Not anymore!  Rambo ain't no joke!  He can do it all.  Blocks like he was born to do it.  McBeane added two great weapons to this offense on the cheap.   Really impressed with this GM and his staff.  It feels weird to have that feeling about our front office AND coaching staff as a Bills fan.

Ed Oliver must be doing something right.  The last game I noticed the guards on him are taking a step back before engaging him.  I don't think that was the case in preseason and didn't pay attention in the Jets and Giants games.  It was very noticeable last Sunday though.  He's definitely getting in their heads.  It feels like he's just starting to really adjust his game to the pros and is getting into a good groove.  I really liked this pick.  I really like this kid.  He's a powerhouse, top-flight talent but not a d-head or a diva at all.  Seems to have been raised right by his folks.  That's always refreshing in pro sports.  Another solid pick by this front office.

Knox has had one good game and Tommy Sweeney hasn't lit the world on fire. Don't get me wrong I like both players and I think they have a future in the league but I am not ready to anoint the team as having two great TE's just yet. Both will have their ups and downs. I see Sweeny as a solid back up TE, a bit of a do it all guy. Knox I could see as a top 10 TE in the league or a lower end starter. He has to develop a lot and I can see him disappearing a lot this season against better defenses. 

On 9/26/2019 at 12:31 AM, Stank_Nasty said:

there was a play he pushed an interior lineman straight back into Dalton altering the throw on sunday. I would call that a win without touching the qb…. I don't get your deal with this dude.

there's this stat and the fact that he's gotten the most snaps of any interior lineman on the team and they are top ten in rush yds allowed. I suppose it could be coincidence, but I doubt it.... the guy has done well. period.

Also he has played 128 Defensive snaps...the highest among the DL.   The next closest is  Star at 79 and Phillips at 77.   

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/25/2019 at 2:57 PM, syhuang said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27584726/nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

Oliver has 22% pass rush win rate after 3 games, only behind G.Jarrett, Donald, and Campbell.

Top 10 DT Pass Rush Win Rate

1. Grady Jarrett, Falcons, 28%
2. Aaron Donald, Rams, 27%
3. Calais Campbell, Jaguars, 26%
4. Ed Oliver, Bills, 22%
5. Chris Jones, Chiefs, 22%
6. Quinton Jefferson, Seahawks, 21%
7. Maliek Collins, Cowboys, 20%
8. Eddie Goldman, Bears, 19%
9. Corey Peters, Cardinals, 16%
10. Christian Covington, Cowboys, 16%

Also, in the same link above where it also has pass block win rate stats, Morse is #10 (94%) among the centers, only Bills' O-line in top 10 in individual positions. However, Bills has an overall 63% pass block win rate which is good for #6 in all 32 teams.

Yeah but everybody says hes horrible, :D