Oliver currently is #4 in DT Pass Rush Win Rate

syhuang

33 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

For me? given all the HYPE about the guy, at least a .5 sack a game pace.

He's supposed to be unstoppable in the pass rush. He's proven to not be that for the time being.

Could he grow into it? Maybe.

Normally you come across as a thinker before you type. 

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Normally you come across as a thinker before you type. 

Go Bills!!!

I'll admit I'm apply an unfair grading curve on Ed. But my reasoning for it's above. Rest assured, I intend to continue a quiet wait and see when it comes to him.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DJB said:

He's getting  close to his first sack. Hopefully  this Sunday! 

Absolutely. It's coming Sunday. 

That would bring the house down! 

He's one of my keys to the game , if he can get disruption inside on a somewhat regular basis , that'd be huge... 

Kid is super talented though , glad he's a Bill ,  he's going to be a game changer!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I'll admit I'm apply an unfair grading curve on Ed. But my reasoning for it's above. Rest assured, I intend to continue a quiet wait and see when it comes to him.

By your own admission you impinge the reasoning of your own argument, none the less, I believe you will in the end come around. Fingers crossed for Sunday,

Go Bills!!!

43 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

He's supposed to be unstoppable in the pass rush. He's proven to not be that for the time being.

Donald is considered one of the best if not the best defensive player in the league and yet he just got his 1st sack this season this weekend. So, I think it's alright that Oliver hasn't gotten one yet. In due time

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

By your own admission you impinge the reasoning of your own argument, none the less, I believe you will in the end come around. Fingers crossed for Sunday,

Go Bills!!!

I can accept that judgement. I know a lot of my criticism of Oliver isn't rational.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I can accept that judgement. I know a lot of my criticism of Oliver isn't rational.

I can accept that,  being rational all the time gets boring...

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, gregor7777 said:

From the 2nd paragraph of the article:

Our Pass Block Win Rate metric tells us the rate at which linemen can sustain their blocks for 2.5 seconds or longer. Likewise, our Pass Rush Win Rate metric tells us how often a pass-rusher is able to beat his block within 2.5 seconds. Our model of pass blocking harnesses player tracking data from NFL Next Gen Stats.

Stats of this type are filled with subjective nuance, but are presented as hard data.

52 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I said upthread, I'm more OK with him now than I was then, but he doesn't look like the guy he was hyped to be. But I'll say this: he gets a sack on Brady, I'll forgive a LOT of let-downs.

He was hyped up as Aaron Donald....who was more polished coming out of college

I think the drill on Oliver is that he actually need to work on his pass rush moves and was doing what he was doing in college mostly on his athletism....so....like Josh Allen.....small school prospect with elite athletism

I expect Oliver to get better as he goes along....and he is pretty good right now.....Aaron Donald is the BEST DT IN FOOTBALL......The DT the jets took is not even toughing eitehr one of them just food for thought

58 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

well if I remember correctly(could be mistaken)back at the draft when you were being even worse than this because you didn't think he could hold up against the run either.... i'd say he's shut that portion up so far.

no reason to think he wont keep improving.... he's been good. IMO you aren't approaching this nearly as rational as you do other topics. its sorta odd.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

well if I remember correctly(could be mistaken)back at the draft when you were being even worse than this because you didn't think he could hold up against the run either.... i'd say he's shut that portion up so far.

no reason to think he wont keep improving.... he's been good. IMO you aren't approaching this nearly as rational as you do other topics. its sorta odd.

I've admitted as such upthread.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

This is one of the most affably self-aware posts I've ever read on a sports website. Well done, sir. Hopefully you were as wrong on Oliver as it would appear I was wrong about Allen.

• Haha (+1) 1

For people stating he hasn’t done much you are terrible at watching football. I’m constantly seeing him collapse the pocket forcing the qb to scramble and throw the ball away for an incomplete pass. It was extremely noticeable in the first 2 games. I get it, it’s a tough game to follow with lots of action going on at once but the people asking  more of Oliver at this point have been down right laughable. 

Edited by Rocbillsfan1
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, syhuang said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27584726/nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

Oliver has 22% pass rush win rate after 3 games, only behind G.Jarrett, Donald, and Campbell.

Top 10 DT Pass Rush Win Rate

1. Grady Jarrett, Falcons, 28%
2. Aaron Donald, Rams, 27%
3. Calais Campbell, Jaguars, 26%
4. Ed Oliver, Bills, 22%
5. Chris Jones, Chiefs, 22%
6. Quinton Jefferson, Seahawks, 21%
7. Maliek Collins, Cowboys, 20%
8. Eddie Goldman, Bears, 19%
9. Corey Peters, Cardinals, 16%
10. Christian Covington, Cowboys, 16%

Also, in the same link above where it also has pass block win rate stats, Morse is #10 (94%) among the centers, only Bills' O-line in top 10 in individual positions. However, Bills has an overall 63% pass block win rate which is good for #6 in all 32 teams.

Thats good company to be in as a rookie.

He's been everything advertised and justifies his draft status.

Now Ford on the other hand............

Edited by billsbackto81