I've spent the last 6 days fighting kidney stones

Steptide

Just got back from the hospital. They were able to go in and grab the stone, and also take the Stent out. So happy this is finally over with. Just gotta deal with some burning when I pee, but other than that, I feel better than I have in 2 weeks 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Just got back from the hospital. They were able to go in and grab the stone, and also take the Stent out. So happy this is finally over with. Just gotta deal with some burning when I pee, but other than that, I feel better than I have in 2 weeks 

Ummmmm   did you go to the right doctor for that??????  

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Ummmmm   did you go to the right doctor for that??????  

Pretty normal after they shove wires and things up your you know what to grab a kidney stone. Small price to pay vs the Agony I was in previously 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Glad it’s over Steptide. I was just coming in here to ask how you were doing. 

I was kind of sore on and off for about 2 weeks after I passed mine and got some pain if my bladder got too full. The only reason I mention it is because at times, it felt like the stone pain was coming back and it made me a bit nervous. But it was just soreness from the whole ordeal. With everything you’ve been though, I wouldn’t be surprised if you deal with some soreness too.

Anyway, happy to read you are doing better. 

20 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Glad it’s over Steptide. I was just coming in here to ask how you were doing. 

I was kind of sore on and off for about 2 weeks after I passed mine and got some pain if my bladder got too full. The only reason I mention it is because at times, it felt like the stone pain was coming back and it made me a bit nervous. But it was just soreness from the whole ordeal. With everything you’ve been though, I wouldn’t be surprised if you deal with some soreness too.

Anyway, happy to read you are doing better. 

Thanks. Ya I definitely anticipate some soreness. Glad they were able to take the whole stone out vs blasting it and having to pass small pieces. Either way, glad it's over and looking forward to hearing what caused the stone (after they test it). 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Thanks. Ya I definitely anticipate some soreness. Glad they were able to take the whole stone out vs blasting it and having to pass small pieces. Either way, glad it's over and looking forward to hearing what caused the stone (after they test it). 

good to hear you are over this episode, hopefully no more for you or any of us...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Steptide said:

I don't know if they do that anymore. I'm actually about to leave for the hospital to have them blasted with laser. They actually go in your kidney though 

"love " when modern technology is worse than old. Slap on some gel, ultrasound away, stone gone easy peasy.

16 hours ago, Steptide said:

Pretty normal after they shove wires and things up your you know what to grab a kidney stone. Small price to pay vs the Agony I was in previously 

burning when peeing  ... right (std) doctor    was meant as a veiled joke....   the veil must have been to heavy  ;) 

On 9/25/2019 at 1:38 PM, Steptide said:

If you have ever had kidney stones, you know exactly what I'm talking about, if you haven't, pray you never have to experience what I would consider the worst natural pain man can feel. 

This all started last Thursday. I have had kidney stones once before about 6 years ago. As bad as it was 6byears ago, it passed rather quick (1 day) and that was the end of that. I THOUGHT it couldn't be any worse than that, up until last Thursday. I'm leaving work around 5pm, I can feel that pain slowly creeping in, but keep telling myself it's not happening again. Fast forward 15 mins, I'm stuck in rush hour traffic, sweating perfusely and trying not to vomit. It was happening again. Get home and do only what you really can do, which is drink a ton of water and grin and bear the pain. The pain persists throughout the night until about 1 am. Finally some relief, however I then start vomiting what would seem to be a weeks worth of food and drink. My wife even said she's never seen some puke like that before. Anyways. I manage some sleep, but the pain keeps returning, more and more intense. My Dr tells me to keep pounding water and pass it. By Saturday morning, the Agony was so bad my wife forced me to go to the er (she has a friend who works there and they litterally walked us straight into a room). I was finally able to get some pain relief, but long story short, I end up being there until Monday, where they put a Stent in my kidney/urethra to help me pee. Here I sit on weds still waiting to pass this stone, and the worst is I have to go back and get the Stent out once I do

So are you sure it is kidney stones? I had all the symptoms you describe and was sure it was stones. After two days in the hospital and 3 tests later it was determined that I had a kink in my kidney causing hydronephrosis. Like a kink in a garden hose, it passed water just fine for a long time (in my case 6 decades) but if it bends enough it will cause a blockage. Had to have the stent inserted in to my kidney. The removal of said stent is supposed to take 30 seconds of, well lets just say it will be the worst part. It took the urologist 4 minutes at which point he decided he couldn't take it out in the office and would need to put me under general anesthesia and remove it in the operating room. Hope things go smoother for you than they did for me. 

35 minutes ago, Steve O said:

So are you sure it is kidney stones? I had all the symptoms you describe and was sure it was stones. After two days in the hospital and 3 tests later it was determined that I had a kink in my kidney causing hydronephrosis. Like a kink in a garden hose, it passed water just fine for a long time (in my case 6 decades) but if it bends enough it will cause a blockage. Had to have the stent inserted in to my kidney. The removal of said stent is supposed to take 30 seconds of, well lets just say it will be the worst part. It took the urologist 4 minutes at which point he decided he couldn't take it out in the office and would need to put me under general anesthesia and remove it in the operating room. Hope things go smoother for you than they did for me. 

Yes, they removed the stone and the Stent yesterday at the hospital. Your situation sounds a little more rare 

2 years ago...  they eventually went in and blasted it with a laser cause it got stuck half-way down and was deemed too big to pass on its own.  And yeah, then I had a stent for a week, the removal of which was probably worse mentally than the actual process.

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

2 years ago...  they eventually went in and blasted it with a laser cause it got stuck half-way down and was deemed too big to pass on its own.  And yeah, then I had a stent for a week, the removal of which was probably worse mentally than the actual process.

(An FM morning radio show was talking about stents today)

so ...   I assume you had a string dangling out for a week or 2?  

40 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

(An FM morning radio show was talking about stents today)

so ...   I assume you had a string dangling out for a week or 2?  

Indeed. 

I had tickets to the game in KC 2 years ago, but the stone forced me to cancel that trip.  I had the procedure the week after, and then went to the game against the Pats with the dangling string - the one time in the last 6 or 7 years that I didn't wear the kilt to a regular season home game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Indeed. 

I had tickets to the game in KC 2 years ago, but the stone forced me to cancel that trip.  I had the procedure the week after, and then went to the game against the Pats with the dangling string - the one time in the last 6 or 7 years that I didn't wear the kilt to a regular season home game.

A kilt would make it odd(er).  ?