Singletary, Kroft both out of Wednesday's practice, UPDATE, Tre & Zay limited

HOUSE

Orchard Park (WGR550) - As the Bills prepare to face the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots Sunday, running back Devin Singletary and tight end Tyler Kroft aren’t participating in practice Wednesday.

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/singletary-kroft-both-out-wednesdays-practice

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/injury-report-zay-jones-tre-davious-white-both-limited-in-practice

Edited by HOUSE

Kroft isn’t a big loss, we haven’t relied on him yet nor will we. I also doubt he has the tackle breaking ability of Knox. Singletary, that’s concerning. They didn’t add a RB so I fully expected Singletary to practice today. They cannot go into another game with Gore and Yeldon, especially with Gore’s age. Have to sign Marcus Murphy back IMO. 

Edited by Bills2ref

Just now, H2o said:

Dang it! REALLY hoping to have Singletary on Sunday. 

Either he is injured enough to have no true shot at playing on Sunday, or he is so close to coming back they want to take it really easy on him.

Not sure which it is!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bills2ref said:

Kroft isn’t a big loss, we haven’t relied on him yet nor will he. I also doubt he has the tackle breaking ability of Knox. Singletary, that’s concerning. They didn’t add a RB so I fully expected Singletary to practice today. They cannot go into another game with Gore and Yeldon, especially with Gore’s age. Have to sign Marcus Murphy back IMO. 

Honestly- I used to like Yeldon- not so much anymore. Lacks burst, runs high, carries the ball wrong and fumbles.  I would rather have Murphy over Yeldon.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Singletary is a big loss. Gore is a great between the tackles runner. Zero ability to take it to the house. Hoping maybe they are giving as much rest as possible. If he can’t go then they will need to get creative. Just no more end arounds on short yardage please. 

Knox is good and  I think Kroft is going to be a good addition too. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

14 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Kroft isn’t a big loss, we haven’t relied on him yet nor will we. I also doubt he has the tackle breaking ability of Knox. Singletary, that’s concerning. They didn’t add a RB so I fully expected Singletary to practice today. They cannot go into another game with Gore and Yeldon, especially with Gore’s age. Have to sign Marcus Murphy back IMO. 

I wouldnt say Singletary is concerning, with hamstrings its better to make doubly sure its OK before going out there again. Hamstrings feel fine after a few days and then as soon as you go out and try and play on it again it pulls...this time a little worse than before...

I know all too well...repeated the above process in college playing soccer and football about 4 or 5 times until it ended up partially tearing and i was on the ground screaming in pain.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Surprised? Pulling up lame with a hamstring is never good. I’d be surprised if he plays before the bye week. 

Donald Jones once said if you are talking care of your body and getting the right treatments you should never have hamstring. Wonder what he meant.

yeah coming back before it’s ready usually costs more tie off of the field. 

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I wouldnt say Singletary is concerning, with hamstrings its better to make doubly sure its OK before going out there again. Hamstrings feel fine after a few days and then as soon as you go out and try and play on it again it pulls...this time a little worse than before...

I know all too well...repeated the above process in college playing soccer and football about 4 or 5 times until it ended up partially tearing and i was on the ground screaming in pain.

Ouch

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Bring up that English guy. Can't remember his name ??

Could really wade down field and is a good Christian kid too

I think his name is Chaz Spleengold... a common brit  name

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Surprised? Pulling up lame with a hamstring is never good. I’d be surprised if he plays before the bye week. 

I was thinking multiple weeks when I saw it happen. Was encouraged when McDermott said day-to-day instead of week-to-week but my hopes aren’t raised up for him to be back anytime soon.

23 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Honestly- I used to like Yeldon- not so much anymore. Lacks burst, runs high, carries the ball wrong and fumbles.  I would rather have Murphy over Yeldon.

Yeldon was originally given a spot to fill a niche. That's a pass catcher out of the backfield. He is a heck of a recievers for a RB. And with Singletary having question marks there is makes sense why he is on the team.