Pat's vs allen articles

Hebert19

I read one today saying allen going up against Billy mcCheater is like challenging adele to a karaoke contest.  While I think that is a funny comparison I disagree.  

Yes bill will make josh uncomfortable and try and make him do the things he's not comfortable doing but let's be honest.   How do you gameplan for Josh?  I'm sure Bill is also worried about a guy that rarely sticks to the script and even when you have him you dont. (Ask Atkins)

While the media is very one sided I dont feel it's a lock that the Pat's will figure allen out or have a ton of success against our D.  

Bill's 27 Pat's 21.  

Go Bills. 

I think you're drinking the Kool-Aid.

Not so much predicting that the Bills win. That could happen, thought he odds are high against it.

But in thinking there's no way to defend Josh Allen, even if you're Bill Belichick. There is, and Belichick will find it and it will likely include confusing him, as it does for most 2nd year QBs. And secondly in putting "articles" in your headline. It was mostly the one article.

Edited by Thurman#1

I feel far better going into this game than I have about a Bills - Pats game in a long, long time. I like their chances and we will just have to see on Sunday. I love the direction this team is headed and I believe Allen will only get better. They might not win on Sunday, but it's coming soon...

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I feel far better going into this game than I have about a Bills - Pats game in a long, long time. I like their chances and we will just have to see on Sunday. I love the direction this team is headed and I believe Allen will only get better. They might not win on Sunday, but it's coming soon...

Go Bills!

Dude, not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but is that Chester Copperpot in your avatar?

image.jpeg.64595ace25a25ca81537f253fbbd7401.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Allen is a young QB. The game plan against him is simple: contain him in the pocket, give him complicated looks on defense with lots of disguised coverage, pressure him at key moments.

It will be up to Daboll to find ways to simplify things for Allen and to get the Pats defense into favorable fronts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

I read one today saying allen going up against Billy mcCheater is like challenging adele to a karaoke contest.  While I think that is a funny comparison I disagree.  

Yes bill will make josh uncomfortable and try and make him do the things he's not comfortable doing but let's be honest.   How do you gameplan for Josh?  I'm sure Bill is also worried about a guy that rarely sticks to the script and even when you have him you dont. (Ask Atkins)

While the media is very one sided I dont feel it's a lock that the Pat's will figure allen out or have a ton of success against our D.  

Bill's 27 Pat's 21.  

Go Bills. 

you think BB is worried about Allen because he runs around? ya because he has never seen that before in ANY other QB in his what 40 year D leading history.   Your O has UNDER performed against 3 bad D's this year.  Your 3 - 0 because your D kept you in the game against the Jets, and I would say Cincy as well!  its not your O that scares BB its your D that scares McDaniels. just like the Pats D scares your O coordinator.  Both D's are tops in the league with the Pats D only giving up 3 points and I think the Bills D is averaging like 10 points a game?   

That said if you were a neutral observer would you expect Brady or Allen to figure out the top D better? 

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

Go Bills!

I too think this team is headed in the right direction as the Bills finally have a management team and coaching staff that has a strategy and a plan that they are executing.  Whether or not that and adding talent is enough to beat NE this week is questionable.  Another poster elsewhere said the Pats will probably single up Gilmore on Brown and over/under cover with 2 defenders on Beasley, move defenders into the box and dare Allen to beat them from the pocket.  This seems logical.  I expect the Bills will come out in a "heavy" 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB formation as their base offense, see how NE adjusts and exploit any match up advantages the Bills offense can identify.  Basically do to them what they do to us.  The big improvement this season is we actually have the personnel to run this and pull it off.  It's up to Allen to make the reads and execute.  He can do it but needs to be as consistent as he possibly can be this week and eliminate any lapses in judgment.     

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I too think this team is headed in the right direction as the Bills finally have a management team and coaching staff that has a strategy and a plan that they are executing.  Whether or not that and adding talent is enough to beat NE this week is questionable.  Another poster elsewhere said the Pats will probably single up Gilmore on Brown and over/under cover with 2 defenders on Beasley, move defenders into the box and dare Allen to beat them from the pocket.  This seems logical.  I expect the Bills will come out in a "heavy" 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB formation as their base offense, see how NE adjusts and exploit any match up advantages the Bills offense can identify.  Basically do to them what they do to us.  The big improvement this season is we actually have the personnel to run this and pull it off.  It's up to Allen to make the reads and execute.  He can do it but needs to be as consistent as he possibly can be this week and eliminate any lapses in judgment.     

Yep. I think Beasley and Knox have big games on Sunday. I would love to see the Bills beat them at their own game...

17 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

you think BB is worried about Allen because he runs around? ya because he has never seen that before in ANY other QB in his what 40 year D leading history.   Your O has UNDER performed against 3 bad D's this year.  Your 3 - 0 because your D kept you in the game against the Jets, and I would say Cincy as well!  its not your O that scares BB its your D that scares McDaniels. just like the Pats D scares your O coordinator.  Both D's are tops in the league with the Pats D only giving up 3 points and I think the Bills D is averaging like 10 points a game?   

That said if you were a neutral observer would you expect Brady or Allen to figure out the top D better? 

I know one thing, Tommy's rubber ***** will be flying around the stadium, and that's a win in my book. 

Edited by Captain_Quint
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Dude, not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but is that Chester Copperpot in your avatar?

image.jpeg.64595ace25a25ca81537f253fbbd7401.jpeg

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

HaaHaa! I can see the resemblance, but, no, it's Sigmund Freud :lol:

Haha. I googled Chester Copperpot in Goonies to see if maybe both of you are right. It’s not Sigmund Freud after all. But in my search I found the most horrific article I could have ever come across about the Goonies. To think the whole movie is really about sex and erectile dysfunction just hurts too much. 

http://generalsnobbery.com/filmanalysis/thegoonies

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Allen is a young QB. The game plan against him is simple: contain him in the pocket, give him complicated looks on defense with lots of disguised coverage, pressure him at key moments.

It will be up to Daboll to find ways to simplify things for Allen and to get the Pats defense into favorable fronts.

Yeah, that's probably true.  The good news is that Josh Allen has already played against the Patriots once.  There will be some differences in the specifics for sure, but the basic strategy will probably be similar.  The Bills also employ a lot of disguised looks on defense, so Josh saw that all through training camp.  He's still young, but he's smart and not quite a rookie.  I'm hopeful that he's going to be OK.

Allen has 5 turnovers in 3 games... Of those, probably 3 are solidly his fault (the first fumble, the batted int, and the CIN int.) that being said, nobody in the NFL does a better job of making guys play poorly than the hood. Allen will have to play above himself to win this game- I think he can, and I think it could be a great moment as we see him arrive officially and show the world that he's the guy, but it could also be a growing pains game... Realistically the latter is probably more likely. 

Edited by whatdrought