Josh Allen - Draft night retrospect

BringBackFergy

9 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

He's really not, though. He's a solid 6 and I probably wouldn't say no to the lad, he just doesn't have any features that get the juices flowing.

The only QB in that lauded class worth a damn is Baker. We would have beautiful dad bod babies.

But what about that baby face????

4 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

I don't have a post to show it, but I was on the "ANYONE BUT ALLEN" train all draft process. Loved Mayfield and Lamar Jackson. 

I am 100 percent turned around and LOVE our boy and would choose him over every QB in that draft. 

I don't think he is anywhere near a finished product, and he could still turn out to be a bust...but as of right now, I am all in on the Allen train and am THRILLED to have been wrong about him. 

(for the record, I also LOVED Mahomes and thought he would be a stud. I harbor no ill will of this regime - McD - for passing on taking a QB because he felt ill equipped to make that huge decision in that draft, and I love having Tre and the picks it turned into....and Mahomes probably would have failed miserably here...but I did love that kid coming out and still do)

You aren't friends with jeffismagic by change are you :p

I was pro-Rosen.   I still think he has talent, but has not been put into a situation where he has any chance to succeed.  He has been on the worst team in football 2 years in a row.  No OL, no WR, no running game, etc.  Plus, his teams have had rookie coaching staffs with seemingly no plan in place.  I hope he ends up somewhere that he has a chance to show what he can do.  That aside, I am very happy that we have Allen and if re-drafting, would take him above any of the other guys.  He is doing very well so far and still has a ton of room for growth.  Mayfield and Darnold will be solid starting NFL QBs.  Rosen might, if he can get into the right situation.  Jackson will be boom or bust, but I think that injury will do him in.  He's booming so far this year, but I think he will struggle against better defenses and he has a pretty small and thin frame that could get him injured as long as running is a big part of his game.  Allen has all of the physical ability, plus a bigger, stronger frame to sustain more hits (and being taller, he might not get as many head shots).  If he continues to progress in the mental part of the game (which he is demonstrating an ability to do), the sky is the limit for him.  He could be a huge star.  He's not there yet.

• Like (+1) 1

I remember reading a predraft article about Allen. The author kept referring to Allen as the strong armed quarterback from Wyoming whos arm would help tame the winds in Buffalo. I became interested in Allen after that. I just said to myself, thats our guy! Something told me the Bills would go after him.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

Wow, I'm such a tool after seeing my initial reaction. 

I did suck it up within 24hrs and pledged full support from there out.

These threads are so refreshing compared to the BS Tyrod ones of not that long ago here. 

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

He's really not, though. He's a solid 6 and I probably wouldn't say no to the lad, he just doesn't have any features that get the juices flowing.

The only QB in that lauded class worth a damn is Baker. We would have beautiful dad bod babies.

When you’re that tall, confident and relatively built it’s an automatic 8 or better.

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am partial to a bit of Mason Rudolph too. 

Ive convinced myself he was plan B for Buffalo. 

55 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

me too. what was I thinking.

Especially after the way the draft night had played out.. they only had to go up to 7 instead of 3... played their cards perfectly... and after ALL of that masterful stuff, picked Allen? I was like are you kidding me? You played this perfectly and took the wrong Josh??

Boy was I wrong. Guess that's why I don't get paid a couple milion a year to scout football talent and they do.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You mean the anti-semitic trolls who spammed the board for the month leading up to the draft, only to have completely disappeared ever since? (Or gone back to their real usernames and are still among us)

Them, but also the Trump supporters and those that become enraged at anyone in the public eye who dares to take a position against the party line, left or right.

page 16 I think

My over under on Rosen getting concussed is week 2........of the preseason ;)

At least we got a big strapping fellow not some skinny wimpy guy thats made of glass.

Allen looked real happy to be a Bill and called us the greatest fans in football.

Lets support the kid and hope he is the guy.

Edited April 26, 2018 by JMF2006  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

page 16 I think

My over under on Rosen getting concussed is week 2........of the preseason ;)

At least we got a big strapping fellow not some skinny wimpy guy thats made of glass.

Allen looked real happy to be a Bill and called us the greatest fans in football.

Lets support the kid and hope he is the guy.

Edited April 26, 2018 by JMF2006  

Don’t interrupt their politics with your stinking sports. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm surprised in this thread no-one mentions the quickly forgotten racist texts leaked just hours before the draft. 

I would love to know what team leaked these in an attempt to get him to slide.  I doubt this regime would do something like this, but ya never know!

49 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I remember reading a predraft article about Allen. The author kept referring to Allen as the strong armed quarterback from Wyoming whos arm would help tame the winds in Buffalo. I became interested in Allen after that.

Looked pretty good last Sunday in the breeze :)

• Like (+1) 1

If you wanna play this game, go even further back and read the thread a few weeks or so before the draft, in which "SOURCES" were swearing Cleveland was going to take Josh Allen #1 overall...and the community here lit up a multiple page thread commenting on what idiots Cleveland are and how the franchise will never succeed.

That was back when most folks here objectively viewed Josh Allen.

Then we drafted him and they lost their ability to critically think.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I have noticed something in this forum: during the gameday threads there's always a lot of posters who turn up whenever Allen has made a mistake or the team is struggling, then disappear when the he brings them back to win.

I guess if NE do the expected and give the Bills a beating there will be hundreds of them crawling out the woodwork

• Like (+1) 2