Why the 7 point spread with the Bills at Home?

Stallions

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Vegas does the spread based ion who they think the money is going be on and making it large enough get money on the other team. 

So you're saying I should wait for the line to inflate from everyone betting on the Pats' "easy win"?

15 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Pats D is only #1 because they played the weak Steelers, tanking Dolphins, and Jets 3rd QB.

They are also down their starting LT, C, FB, two TEs, 1st round WR is on IR, and top two WRs are playing hurt.  Their running game has been weak, we'll be the best pass D they play, and our O is at least better than what they've played so far.

I'll take the 7 points at home, thanks.

Pats D last gave a TD to a team in the AFCCG against KC. Our Center is our starter for the year since Andrews has blood clots in/on his lungs (scary stuff), Izzo one of our starting TE with Watson being back week 5.

Your O hasn't faced a good D either the 31st ranked Giants D,  27th ranked Cincy D, 21st ranked Jets D. who average 27 points a game given up... the Bills averaging 22 points. 

Pats O has faced garbage Ds as well the 32nd ranked Dolphins, 28th ranked steeler, and 21st ranked Jets averaging 32.9 points given up per game  Pats averaging 35.3  points a game.

first the Pats O with all those injuries doing above average on these teams while the Bills are below the average.. second my god is the AFC filled with putrid teams this year!!

This game comes down to how your O performs, Pats O will move the ball and score, will the Bills be able to as well? thats what we find out Sunday!

11 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

So you're saying I should wait for the line to inflate from everyone betting on the Pats' "easy win"?

if you believe the Bills will cover YES! what vegas wants is the line be exact because if its a push YOU LOSE!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Stallions said:

This comes from Vegas!  Do you think they throw out a point spread Monday AM just based on home/away records or historical trends?  They build a program for all the games, get a spread and then stick to it.  If the weather at New Era gets ugly or Edelman can't play that may throw a point or two!

WTF?? lol

9 hours ago, nrenegar said:

Vegas doesn't base the points spread on a single detailed hypothetical scenario...

yeah it does

fleece people who think they are smarter than they are

imagine thinking you can predict the outcome of a football game, and do better than 45% on point spreads...  :(

9 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Uhhhhh...

THIS...

The Patriots enter this week with a streak of five straight victories against Buffalo, including series sweeps in 2017 and 2018. the 14th series sweep since Bill Belichick became head coach in 2000. 

New England holds a 74-43-1 edge in the series and have won 33 of the last 38 games between the clubs, dating back to 2000. 

AND THIS...

BRADY VS. BUFFALO

Tom Brady has led the Patriots to 30 regular-season victories over the Bills, his highest victory total over any opponent. Additionally, Brady has thrown more touchdown passes (69) against Buffalo than any other opponent. Brady also has more 300-yard games (11) against Buffalo than any other NFL team. 

Unfortunately, this sums it up perfectly....until the Bills prove they can beat the Pats it will be hard for them to be favored IMHO

Both teams are 3-0.  Both teams enjoyed an opening season stretch over weak opponents.  Buffalo had a very small average margin of victory.  New England's smallest margin of victory was 16, ranging up to a 43-0 blowout.  It's not rocket science.  New England will mainly try to maintain their level of play, maybe tweaking some small things.  Buffalo needs to experience a major uptick in consistency and execution over an entire 60 minutes.

• Like (+1) 2

Ken Massey, who is a stats professor, has built statistical forecast models for all of the major pro and college sports, where he uses a lot of statistical analysis techniques.  He has this game at Pats 24 Bills 13. He has the Bills at home with an 18% win probability.  As a bills fan I hope he's wrong, but he has a pretty good track record.

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

Both teams are 3-0.  Both teams enjoyed an opening season stretch over weak opponents.  Buffalo had a very small average margin of victory.  New England's smallest margin of victory was 16, ranging up to a 43-0 blowout.  It's not rocket science.  New England will mainly try to maintain their level of play, maybe tweaking some small things.  Buffalo needs to experience a major uptick in consistency and execution over an entire 60 minutes.

And just an FYI..

30 -3 Against Pitt

43-0 against Miami

**30-14 against the Jets  -  The Jets got a score from a muffed punt by Gunner (rookie) and a pick 6 off of Stidham our rookie backup QB. The Jets got ONLY 105 total yards of Offense. (they were worse than Miami IMO.)

So the Pats D while facing bad  Teams has averaged 1 point a game and 199 yards a game.  yes bad teams but pitching a virtual shut out threw 3 games and less than 200 yards per game given up is amazing no matter who you are facing. 

I do believe the Bills be the #5 seed and in any other division besides ours or the chiefs (including the NFC) they be favored to win the division. 

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

Ken Massey, who is a stats professor, has built statistical forecast models for all of the major pro and college sports, where he uses a lot of statistical analysis techniques.  He has this game at Pats 24 Bills 13. He has the Bills at home with an 18% win probability.  As a bills fan I hope he's wrong, but he has a pretty good track record.

Care to post his track record?

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Whatever the outcome, don’t get too high or (more likely) too low over one game. Big picture we are pointing in the right direction. 

GREAT WAY TO THINK! When the Pats signed AB I felt they did it for 1 reason to go 19-0 which IMO would have Brady retire and Stidham take over next year. now without AB i am almost waiting for a trade for a big name WR to be traded here for a 1st rounder. 

My point Buffalo's time is coming probably in a year or two. 

Bills are winning but making mistakes on the field they force themselves to have to overcome. 

Pats are a seasoned vet team with a HOF QB and HOF HC

Hard to argue the spread when you look at the product on the field and then add in recent history of both teams. The SB champions are deserving of this spread and it will be a very tough game for the Bills to win it.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

And just an FYI..

30 -3 Against Pitt

43-0 against Miami

**30-14 against the Jets  -  The Jets got a score from a muffed punt by Gunner (rookie) and a pick 6 off of Stidham our rookie backup QB. The Jets got ONLY 105 total yards of Offense. (they were worse than Miami IMO.)

So the Pats D while facing bad  Teams has averaged 1 point a game and 199 yards a game.  yes bad teams but pitching a virtual shut out threw 3 games and less than 200 yards per game given up is amazing no matter who you are facing. 

I do believe the Bills be the #5 seed and in any other division besides ours or the chiefs (including the NFC) they be favored to win the division. 

Great start, 

Hasn't come that easy for us. Buffalo has been tested, faced adversity, and prevailed.

Tom Brady is at the top of the world, and likes playing in Buffalo,

We need to change the way he feels...

11 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

historically, a home team gets +3 points for home field advantage

a -7 at home means the smart people who set lines feel that New England is 10 points better than Buffalo on a neutral field.

Only 10 points off of the defending SB champion, who has not allowed an offensive TD this year is actually a spread giving Buffalo credit and looking to sucker in Bills fans.

The smart money is on New England. The spread started at -6 or -6.5 depending on the book.The fact it is now 7 to 7.5 means more money is backing New England, as it should.

I think the Bills have a chance for the upset.

Vegas wants people like me to bet. Therefore this week I sit on my money. Many Bills fans have.

I’ve learned this one the hard way - never bet against New England.

I wouldn’t take the Bills until they prove they can beat Brady and Belichick 

• Like (+1) 1