Oliver fueling up for Sunday

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not trying to be “that guy” but I’m pretty sure that 30 wings isn’t on his diet. I guess that’s from a Tuesday, his day off, but it’s a bit of a bad look. Pretty much every drop of food or drink that enters their body at the facility is a part of a plan. Many (if not all) of these guys leave the day with meals and snacks provided for their own time. There’s a certain discipline and trust that comes with preserving your body. That’s how guys like Lorax are flourishing in their late 30’s. I don’t want to get carried away or blow it out of proportion. Obviously guys have cheat days. I wouldn’t think anything of it if a 37 year-old vet did it so maybe it’s a double standard. I just cringe a little when I see a rookie, top 10 pick, slamming down a few dozen wings on the same week as the biggest game he’s ever played in. Again, not trying to make a big deal of it, just pointing it out...

Does a picture of Ed holding a wing in front of a bowl of wings prove he ate them all?  There appears to be two bags of chips behind him.  Suppose you think he ate those too.  Come on man.

Edited by Azucho98

9 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Does a picture of Ed holding a wing in front of a bowl of wings prove he ate them all?  There appears to be two bags of chips behind him.  Suppose you think he ate those too.  Come on man.

I mean, he’s ACTUALLY eating the wings in the picture. Maybe he only had a couple but he DID eat some wings.

I’m not jumping to any conclusions. If he plays a bad game Sunday I’m not going to blame it on the wings from the beginning of the week. All that I was doing was pointing out that this isn’t normal in today’s NFL. It’s not. From my experience these guys are on strict diets during the season. Maybe as a part of their off day on Tuesday they aren’t given a cheat day? I don’t know. Was just making a simple observation

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not trying to be “that guy” but I’m pretty sure that 30 wings isn’t on his diet. I guess that’s from a Tuesday, his day off, but it’s a bit of a bad look. Pretty much every drop of food or drink that enters their body at the facility is a part of a plan. Many (if not all) of these guys leave the day with meals and snacks provided for their own time. There’s a certain discipline and trust that comes with preserving your body. That’s how guys like Lorax are flourishing in their late 30’s. I don’t want to get carried away or blow it out of proportion. Obviously guys have cheat days. I wouldn’t think anything of it if a 37 year-old vet did it so maybe it’s a double standard. I just cringe a little when I see a rookie, top 10 pick, slamming down a few dozen wings on the same week as the biggest game he’s ever played in. Again, not trying to make a big deal of it, just pointing it out...

I had the same thought. Especially with Tawmmy and his avocado ice cream and TB12 supplements, I thought NFL players that want to be at peak performance eat a scientifically prescribed diet. This is the game Oliver was drafted for. Don't bog yourself down with grease. Eat to win, baby!

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Had the same thought when I saw the pic. But some people say he has trouble keeping his weight up lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Image result for boooo gif

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

.....unless your competing against the "eatlete" Joey Chestnut.

True dat!  One of these days one of those fellas' stomach is gonna explode right there at the competition table.  Isn't it bound to happen eventually?  I'd hate to be the one cleaning that up. 

Buffalo might get a sack or two on Sunday, but it's not going to be any kind of sack fest.  Brady gets rid of the ball too quickly for that.  What Oliver can help with is dirtying up the pocket some so Brady is less comfortable.  Hopefully that will make him rush more balls and lead to more incompletions.  Continue tipping passes, and maybe one or two of those can turn into interceptions.

• Like (+1) 1