Oliver fueling up for Sunday

Reed83HOF

Not trying to be “that guy” but I’m pretty sure that 30 wings isn’t on his diet. I guess that’s from a Tuesday, his day off, but it’s a bit of a bad look. Pretty much every drop of food or drink that enters their body at the facility is a part of a plan. Many (if not all) of these guys leave the day with meals and snacks provided for their own time. There’s a certain discipline and trust that comes with preserving your body. That’s how guys like Lorax are flourishing in their late 30’s. I don’t want to get carried away or blow it out of proportion. Obviously guys have cheat days. I wouldn’t think anything of it if a 37 year-old vet did it so maybe it’s a double standard. I just cringe a little when I see a rookie, top 10 pick, slamming down a few dozen wings on the same week as the biggest game he’s ever played in. Again, not trying to make a big deal of it, just pointing it out...

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not trying to be “that guy” but I’m pretty sure that 30 wings isn’t on his diet. I guess that’s from a Tuesday, his day off, but it’s a bit of a bad look. Pretty much every drop of food or drink that enters their body at the facility is a part of a plan. Many (if not all) of these guys leave the day with meals and snacks provided for their own time. There’s a certain discipline and trust that comes with preserving your body. That’s how guys like Lorax are flourishing in their late 30’s. I don’t want to get carried away or blow it out of proportion. Obviously guys have cheat days. I wouldn’t think anything of it if a 37 year-old vet did it so maybe it’s a double standard. I just cringe a little when I see a rookie, top 10 pick, slamming down a few dozen wings on the same week as the biggest game he’s ever played in. Again, not trying to make a big deal of it, just pointing it out...

Hey look, it's hard seltzer guy!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 10

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Those wings were made out of kale.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve eaten TF Browns wings. Real good chance he eats two, three and makes a hard pass on the rest. 

• Haha (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Good points; I will add it’s a promotional event so someone probably put that in front of him, be weirder if he didn’t eat some...I could be wrong. It’s a picture so who knows. 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Sorry Kirby.  With all due respect to a long-timer here on TBD, and one I do respect, but you are "that guy" with that response.  Seriously, the guy is very young and incredibly gifted physically.  30 wings is a far cry better than, say 30 hot dogs.  I'm sure by Sunday he won't, in all likelihood, have any lingering effects from said wings (knock on wood - I am superstitious and if I don't write that he'll be out for 4 weeks with a stomach illness or something).  Let the man live a little.  Besides, he's from Texas so he's probably used to spicy food already.

Just my 2 cents.  I'll step down from my soapbox now.

I would be more concerned if he was eating a salad and drinking a kale tonic, and did anyone check for ranch?

QB, WR, prima donna's maybe I can see it. All of them though burn so many calories it's hard to keep bulked up.

I want my OL and DL to be eating like a ravenous carnivore off the bone and growling if anyone comes near. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you going to Nashville?

Yeah, I get in Friday afternoon at like 4:00 (had to push my flight back). I’m there until Sunday Night at 9:00. Going to be an action-packed couple of days.

I haven’t bought tickets yet because I don’t know how many we have. Saw @DrDawkinstein said he was going to be. I’m probably going to try to be in that general area.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It might have just been a photo op

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, I get in Friday afternoon at like 4:00 (had to push my flight back). I’m there until Sunday Night at 9:00. Going to be an action-packed couple of days.

I haven’t bought tickets yet because I don’t know how many we have. Saw @DrDawkinstein said he was going to be. I’m probably going to try to be in that general area.

If I see a South Claw in your hands, I'm coming around your blind slide and slapping it out.

Image result for Jerry Hughes GIF

• Haha (+1) 2