If Tremaine Edmunds has a problem.....

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

No one gets beat up over 1 or 2 bad plays a game more than Edmunds.  It's pretty funny to me.

As I say when people talk about Allen being inaccurate on a couple throws a game.  Every QB misses open passes and every MLB gets blocked out of play, over pursues a PA, and loses a RB / TE in coverage during a game.  Every.  Single.  One.

So Zay Jones doesn't get beat up more for 1 or 2 bad plays a game? :rolleyes:

I get that you needed something to lead with but implying that Edmunds is heavily scrutinized here or in the media is absurd.

And the problem isn't the bad plays it's the lack of plays.     This defense is supposed to feature the MLB by putting him in position to make plays..........and he's just too often late to the action and subsequently isn't making them.   

Edited by BADOLBILZ

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So Zay Jones doesn't get beat up more for 1 or 2 bad plays a game? :rolleyes:

I get that you needed something to lead with but implying that Edmunds is heavily scrutinized here or in the media is absurd.

And the problem isn't the bad plays it's the lack of plays.     This defense is supposed to feature the MLB by putting him in position to make plays..........and he's just too often late to the action and subsequently isn't making them.   

That is breathtakingly untrue. 

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

That is breathtakingly untrue. 

So gotta' ask........did you clutch your pearls when I left you breathless?

We all know about Kuechly but when you are done hyperventilating put the bag down and read this........Pedestrian Preston Brown leading the NFL in tackles in the McDefense in 2017..........it's real friendly to instinctive MLB's.

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Huh? thats more likely get themselves hurt..  and rather poor taste saying they teach that technique. 

Check the video replays of Develin's running and blocking.  Ask Freddie Jackson about Spikes' hit.  

Coincidence?

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So gotta' ask........did you clutch your pearls when I left you breathless?

We all know about Kuechly but when you are done hyperventilating put the bag down and read this........Pedestrian Preston Brown leading the NFL in tackles in the McDefense in 2017..........it's real friendly to instinctive MLB's.

The Bills were 29th in the league against the run that year.

The Bills are 8th against the run this year.

Maybe tackles by the MLB doesn't correlate 1 to 1 with the success of the defense. 

2 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Maybe tackles by the MLB doesn't correlate 1 to 1 with the success of the defense. 

How he did not understand how dumb that stat would make him look is beyond me. 

Two stats are not correlated.  A bad rush defense would typically have safeties as lead tacklers. 

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Two stats are not correlated.  A bad rush defense would typically have safeties as lead tacklers. 

Typically, maybe. But the whole premise of this conversation from the Edmunds defenders is that MLB is evolving in the pass-first NFL.  Their ability as rush defenders is not as important; their assignments are different. It follows that total tackle numbers decrease. Edmunds has done a great job filling his holes and pushing defenders outside. When that happens, though, his tackle numbers go down. 

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Typically, maybe. But the whole premise of this conversation from the Edmunds defenders is that MLB is evolving in the pass-first NFL.  Their ability as rush defenders is not as important; their assignments are different. It follows that total tackle numbers decrease. Edmunds has done a great job filling his holes and pushing defenders outside. When that happens, though, his tackle numbers go down. 

That's not what All22 shows, though.  So far, he's been a net liability vs the run. 

Just now, GG said:

That's not what All22 shows, though.  So far, he's been a net liability vs the run. 

They've faced two premier RB's and as a team have done very well.

If that's the worst they'll do with Edmunds at MLB, while continuing the have an elite pass defense, I fail to see the problem. 

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Did you see the link I posted above? I realize that is only one example, but that is exactly what the All22 shows. 

Definition of net liability is that he's had more negative plays in the run game than positive.  It doesn't mean that's he's absolutely useless vs the run. 

Just now, GG said:

Definition of net liability is that he's had more negative plays in the run game than positive.  It doesn't mean that's he's absolutely useless vs the run. 

Hard disagree, and in the context of our top 6 defense (top 8 run defense), the overall statistical evidence is on my side. Those statistics alone indicate the rush defense is doing its job. That includes Edmunds. 

They've faced two premier RB's and as a team have done very well.

If that's the worst they'll do with Edmunds at MLB, while continuing the have an elite pass defense, I fail to see the problem. 

The point is that they can be a truly elite D by kicking Edmunds outside and having a true MLB

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

The point is that they can be a truly elite D by kicking Edmunds outside and having a true MLB

They can also be a truly elite D when Tremaine settles down and the game is moving slow for him

He's like 20 ganes in and like 21 years old. When he's 25 he's gonna be one of the best Mikes in the world

1 minute ago, GG said:

No way. No MLB they plug in is going to be nearly as effective in the pass game, where it reallllly matters. 

This would be foolish. This is the equivalent of having a run first offense in todays NFL. It is based on an outdated philosophy. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

They can also be a truly elite D when Tremaine settles down and the game is moving slow for him

He's like 20 ganes in and like 21 years old. When he's 25 he's gonna be one of the best Mikes in the world

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Hard disagree, and in the context of our top 6 defense (top 8 run defense), the overall statistical evidence is on my side. Those statistics alone indicate the rush defense is doing its job. That includes Edmunds. 

There's not enough evidence of total run stopping domination given the opponents so far.   A dominant defense doesn't allow Andy Dalton to march up and down the field in the second half, nor let it into red zone range with a minute left in the game.  Edmunds would be a far greater assets as the totally disruptive OLB than a mismatched MLB learning his game.

Proof was Giants opening drive, and then the 2 score deficit changed the Giants' offense.  Compare that to Bengals who got back in the game by running the ball in 3Q.

Everyone is waiting for Edmunds' light to turn on, and that was hyped going into the season, and yet he's basically at the same spot he was last year.  So with Harry out for the year, we better pray that Star's and Edmunds' lights turn on very quickly.

1 minute ago, GG said:

There's not enough evidence of total run stopping domination given the opponents so far.   A dominant defense doesn't allow Andy Dalton to march up and down the field in the second half, nor let it into red zone range with a minute left in the game.  Edmunds would be a far greater assets as the totally disruptive OLB than a mismatched MLB learning his game.

Proof was Giants opening drive, and then the 2 score deficit changed the Giants' offense.  Compare that to Bengals who got back in the game by running the ball in 3Q.

Everyone is waiting for Edmunds' light to turn on, and that was hyped going into the season, and yet he's basically at the same spot he was last year.  So with Harry out for the year, we better pray that Star's and Edmunds' lights turn on very quickly.

The Bengals had 2 good drive the WHOLE GAME

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The Bengals had 2 good drive the WHOLE GAME

Do a deeper dive on Bengals' last 4 drives and you will see a lot of chinks in the Bills dominant D armor.  This is one of those instances where the stats are misleading.   Once Dalton got in the groove, the defense had a hard time forcing a stop on downs.