If Tremaine Edmunds has a problem.....

I have a feeling that with the way the Bills secondary is playing that the offense game plan for New England will target against Tremaine Edmunds.  He had a very good week against the Jets stopping Bell, he did fairly well against Saquan Barkley after the first drive.  While Mixon was held in held for the most part, he did break a long screen when Edmunds blew containment.

One major problem with Edmunds is that he’s allowed blockers to take him out of plays.  He just doesn’t shed blocks well.

Based on the success NE had last year on the ground, and with Edleman hobbled by an injury, I can see BB trying to pound the ball on the defense again.  But specifically I think he’ll run off the edges and try to hit some RB screens to target Edmunds’ weakness.  

I don’t see Brady throwing for a ton of yards on our defense but I do think the plan is to pound the defense. 

NE is having trouble running the ball, especially last week.  There concerned about their offense online.  They are down a center and left tackle.  I was listening to NE sports radio today.  They were saying they are concerned about this week especially if eldmen is out, but do believe they will be getting there left tackle back in 6 to 8 weeks and even if they loss this weekend they will still win the divison easily.  They feel there schedule is easy for another 5 or 6 weeks.

FYI there reporting eldmen is fine.

Edited by clearwater cadet

9 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

NE is having trouble running the ball, especially last week.  There concerned about their offense online.  They are down a center and left tackle.  I was listening to NE sports radio today.  They were saying they are concerned about this week especially if eldmen is out, but do believe they will be getting there left tackle back in 6 to 8 weeks and even if they loss this weekend they will still win the divison easily.  They feel there schedule is easy for another 5 or 6 weeks.

FYI there reporting eldmen is fine.

Edelman is fine until the first time someone lays the lumber to him with how bruised he's supposed to be.

25 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I have a feeling that with the way the Bills secondary is playing that the offense game plan for New England will target against Tremaine Edmunds.  He had a very good week against the Jets stopping Bell, he did fairly well against Saquan Barkley after the first drive.  While Mixon was held in held for the most part, he did break a long screen when Edmunds blew containment.

One major problem with Edmunds is that he’s allowed blockers to take him out of plays.  He just doesn’t shed blocks well.

Based on the success NE had last year on the ground, and with Edleman hobbled by an injury, I can see BB trying to pound the ball on the defense again.  But specifically I think he’ll run off the edges and try to hit some RB screens to target Edmunds’ weakness.  

I don’t see Brady throwing for a ton of yards on our defense but I do think the plan is to pound the defense. 

I expect we will see a heavy dose of running and screens but not because of Edmunds, because that is who NE is now.  I am sure we will also see the usual quotient of quick passes to PED boy.

Edmunds received a good deal of blame from the fans around her for the Bills poor run defense in the last NE game, and although he was not blameless, he was not the primary problem.  Milano was also missing in the lineup which created a huge problem on that side of the defense.  We are also missing Taron Johnson, as we may be again, and his replacements were simply not in the same class in run support.  NE killed us on the edges as a result. every tackle is not Edmunds responsibility.

Contrary to popular belief, the key to beating NE*** is stopping the run. Has been for several years now. Brady is hard enough to control when he IS forced to be one dimensional, it’s virtually impossible when he’s constantly in manageable down and distance situations. 

• Like (+1) 2

it's probably that he's just thinking too much out there.

Kid's barely 21 years old with no prior experience calling defenses and has more responsibility on his shoulders than he's ever had at any level of football. When you're in a position where you need to be more cerebral on the field, you tend to gravitate towards playing with more finesse and less power. It's hard to fill a hole like a raging barbarian when you're also trying to process a pile of mental checks that you're not necessarily accustomed to.

I'd imagine that over time those responsibilities will start to become second nature to him and we'll see him develop the capability to just cut loose and play ball. When he does, he'll likely be a more effective player for having gone through this process. It's probably just going to take a bit more than 15-20 NFL games to get there though.

• Like (+1) 7

46 minutes ago, Augie said:

I actually LOVE that we have a bunch of young, talented guys who have a lot to learn. That looks like a team on the rise to me! 

This D is interesting. Very very good but with no person or level that stands out. Perhaps the backend is the strength. It’s hard to identify who truly sets the tone. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This D is interesting. Very very good but with no person or level that stands out. Perhaps the backend is the strength. It’s hard to identify who truly sets the tone. 

This is exactly what I have been pondering recently. Other good defenses have star players, especially on the D line. This team doesn’t have that star player on the line. Yet they are collectively playing together within the system to shut down offenses. They seem to be a group of complimentary players where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. 

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I think the two safeties run the show. Those guys are ultra valuable to this D.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think the two safeties run the show. Those guys are ultra valuable to this D.

They were here both hand picked by McDermott and you have to include Tre as the other hand picked player. 

The three are very much the strength of this D 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

From watching live, it’s clear the safeties and Tre run things out there. One play Poyer/Hyde were screaming at 29 or 39 to get to the other side of the formation. They got him moved right before the snap and sure enough he ran up and had a clean sack on Dalton. 

Edmund doesn’t have the instincts of a MLB. Age isn’t going to change that. I have said this before, find me some plays where he goes forward and plugs a hole or wrecks a play. He likes to use his length and tackle with his arms. With his build and skill set he would be a great outside backer. For some reason people take that as a slight against him. 

• Like (+1) 6