My first game at the Ralph since 1995 this Sunday

SuperBills12

It's been a long time coming. But this Maryland/DC native is heading to Buffalo with 4 of his buddies for this critical game. I can't wait! Win or lose, I'm looking forward to it. Since it's been awhile, do you guys have any tailgating tips? My one worry is that we'll be tailgating too much and might be stuck in lines to actually make it by kick off :/ . When do we need to cut it off?? 

Peter

#GoBills

• Thank you (+1) 3

I headed to the stadium around 12:20 coming from the RV lot, stopped to grab a little food and drink, and made it to my seats just before kickoff. 

Busier game I would imagine, if that’s possible, I would head in from the tailgate sometime between 12-12:15

EDIT: Also be sure to account for the mobile tickets only.  Since everyone was trying to load them at the gate, I foolishly didn’t load ahead of time and had to wait about 4 or 5 minutes next to the ticket scanner for them too load. 

Edited by elijah
  • Like (+1) 1

If you’re on Club seats, you can go last minute. For GA, I’d wrap it up at 12:15 and expect terrible lines with the occasional fans vomiting at your feet (always special). 

Other than that, enjoy the atmosphere and scream as loud as you can during the game!!!!

10 minutes ago, SuperBills12 said:

It's been a long time coming. But this Maryland/DC native is heading to Buffalo with 4 of his buddies for this critical game. I can't wait! Win or lose, I'm looking forward to it. Since it's been awhile, do you guys have any tailgating tips? My one worry is that we'll be tailgating too much and might be stuck in lines to actually make it by kick off ? . When do we need to cut it off?? 

Peter

#GoBills

Make sure you are walking up to the stadium gates by 1220 or you will most likely be late. Like be there by 1220, not just leaving your tailgate by then. 

• Like (+1) 1

How much indulging of certain things tailgating might be a good gauge.

Waiting to get inside the stadium and wait in men’s room line can be more urgent than anticipated than with time allotted.

Edited by I am the egg man

45 minutes ago, SuperBills12 said:

It's been a long time coming. But this Maryland/DC native is heading to Buffalo with 4 of his buddies for this critical game. I can't wait! Win or lose, I'm looking forward to it. Since it's been awhile, do you guys have any tailgating tips? My one worry is that we'll be tailgating too much and might be stuck in lines to actually make it by kick off ? . When do we need to cut it off?? 

Peter

#GoBills

W#e park about a half mile out from stadium and leave tailgate at 12:00.  Leaves time for bio break and 15 min of “spare” time in case lines move slow.

1 hour ago, SuperBills12 said:

Peter

#GoBills

Peter,

heres the ticket..park with is at Hammers , leave Hammers at 12:10, you will be in your seat/section 12:35 if you on Bills side(last two numbers 30's ) , 12: 45 if vistor side...and @mead107 makes the best breakfast you have ever had in your life!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If it’s been since 1995, be sure you get the mobile ticket app thing figured out in advance. THAT could be your downfall if you are looking for smooth entry. The people behind you will be none too pleased, to boot! I was fortunate enough to get in with a paper ticket thanks to @Heitz and shockingly, the world did not come to an end! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

From the Far end ECC Lot I head in by 12:15 and get to my seat in plenty of time.   You never know what you have at the gates. 

I like to be seated before the National Anthem starts. 

Did you get caught in much traffic leaving ECC?  I need to get home early this weekend and thinking of parking there to be on the outside edge of the traffic.  I’m heading back to the peace bridge after the game.  How much is ECC this year?  Tailgate any good?  I know it’s across from Hammers, but we bring lots of gear so we’d set up wherever we park.  Thx!

10 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

Did you get caught in much traffic leaving ECC?  I need to get home early this weekend and thinking of parking there to be on the outside edge of the traffic.  I’m heading back to the peace bridge after the game.  How much is ECC this year?  Tailgate any good?  I know it’s across from Hammers, but we bring lots of gear so we’d set up wherever we park.  Thx!

Traffic is everywhere.  ECC  used to be the easy lot to get out off but once they started getting RVs and campers from the main lot that changed.  

My brother parks towards California when he wants to get out sooner.  

10 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

Cant vouch for the tailgating scene and area, but I have several friends who park at Berts Bikes on Southwestern when they need quick exit. Its a tad past the entrance of ECC , but its a right out of lot, quick right on Brompton to Mckinley...traffic for a 1/2 mile till left at Milestrip then you are home free to RT 5 to the 190...

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, TroutDog said:

If you’re on Club seats, you can go last minute. For GA, I’d wrap it up at 12:15 and expect terrible lines with the occasional fans vomiting at your feet (always special). 

Other than that, enjoy the atmosphere and scream as loud as you can during the game!!!!

Not saying it can't happen but I have never seen this happen while waiting to go in & I have been to over 200 home bills games in my life.  

• Like (+1) 2