You play coordinator. What's your game plan for Sunday?

billsbackto81

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Well you have to identify the bit of the thing you have always done that has been the problem. I get it. When fans see a QB not getting hit they scream "why don't we blitz?" I have seen them do it in game day threads even after we have blitzed on a play. Brady gets the ball out fast. Blitzing will not "lay the wood" it will just leave you a man short in coverage and you can bet your last dollar Brady will know exactly where you are short and find his guy in that zone. 

I honestly can’t think of a game recently where Brady was sacked 4 times or more.

9 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Lol. That Eagle blitz package allowed a 40 year old QB throw for over 500 yards. But, they did win.... thanks to a strip sack TO on the final drive. I would blitz TB on Sunday but you have to pick your spots. To me an occasional blitz on 2nd and long is good. If you can get home you can force a 3rd and longer and keep everything in front of you and get off the field. 

Yeah they did win, they dropped 41 points. If we drop 41 points this week, we better win too, blitzing or no.

• Like (+1) 1

Rush 3 and 4 stay in coverage. Hands up! Try and tip ball and ruin passing lanes. Make Tom throw into tight windows. On Offense we need some special play calls because bill will 100 percent install a flee flicker or some  gadget play I guarantee it. Philly special just something he hasn’t seen before. Foster has to have a big game Bill takes away best player on the field every time. John Brown will be doubled by the #2 corner and safety high. Beasley might have Gilmore on him and that takes away both wr without question. Zay has to step up also. I just have a feeling that he’s been forming a game plan for 2 weeks now because those other teams were to easy. Let’s see if our coaching staff has been installing and putting in work also!! 

There also going to make Allen beat them in the pocket. Playing outside contain while pushing the pocket up the middle. 

In a completely surprising move, the Bills move Ed Oliver to nose tackle so he can play beside Jerry and the destruction is devastating.  Ed's quickness against the nose who has to set protections, hike the ball and block is just too much for him. NE tries to put extra blockers on that side of the line, only to be obliterated by Trent Murphy and Lorax.

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

In a completely surprising move, the Bills move Ed Oliver to nose tackle so he can play beside Jerry and the destruction is devastating.  Ed's quickness against the nose who has to set protections, hike the ball and block is just too much for him. NE tries to put extra blockers on that side of the line, only to be obliterated by Trent Murphy and Lorax.

Ill take that. That would completely take Oliver out of the game.

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Well you have to identify the bit of the thing you have always done that has been the problem. I get it. When fans see a QB not getting hit they scream "why don't we blitz?" I have seen them do it in game day threads even after we have blitzed on a play. Brady gets the ball out fast. Blitzing will not "lay the wood" it will just leave you a man short in coverage and you can bet your last dollar Brady will know exactly where you are short and find his guy in that zone. 

we have nothing to lose!  we are 30-3 against him  and have been conservative in our defensive approach. we now have oliver, milano and edmunds, along with neal an k. johnson.

it's time to throw down! trent murphy is gonna have a career game.  i want brady beat up.  throw the dildos and punish him. again, we have nothing to lose!

4 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

we have nothing to lose!  we are 30-3 against him  and have been conservative in our defensive approach. we now have oliver, milano and edmunds, along with neal an k. johnson.

it's time to throw down! trent murphy is gonna have a career game.  i want brady beat up.  throw the dildos and punish him. again, we have nothing to lose!

The definition of hearing but not listening.

”Now we have Oliver and Siran Neal and Kevin Johnson so we can take out Brady!” is an incredible insight all by itself.

On 9/24/2019 at 6:33 PM, NewEra said:

Smash Gilmore

Totally agree.  He doesn't like playing physical and it can help take him off his game.

On 9/24/2019 at 6:42 PM, Sunshower said:

I’d love to see Knox on a TE sweep headed directly towards Gilmore’s direction.

If that happens Gilmore will probably dive at Knox's feet and miss to ensure he doesn't get hurt.

@GunnerBill what do you think of running 4 verticals out of 11 personnel?

Brown foster jones Knox would be pretty good. I think you might even be able to get Beasley in on it. Would have to adjust when the hoodie goes to quarters but I think it could be pretty good.

Now that I think of it 4 verticals could be work out of 12 personnel. 

20 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

By the way, there’ve been days I would have actually believed this was our Offensive Coodinator looking for advice...   ?

Agreed—there was a stretch last year where I would’ve been thrilled had the Bills moved on from Dabs; in retrospect he was in a no win situation given his personnel at the time. What a difference a year makes—now he’s borderline genius :D

6 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

We have tried blitz heavy approaches. Pettine had a modicum of success back in the 2013 opener with a blitz heavy approach but the second time we played them that season they killed us with draws and delayed hand offs. Rex was blitz heavy a couple of times against them too (though not every time) and we still got picked apart. We do have something to lose - the game - so we have to try and find the gameplan that gives us the best shot. I don't believe that is a heavy blitz package no matter how much fans might think that is aggressive and exciting. 

5 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

@GunnerBill what do you think of running 4 verticals out of 11 personnel?

Brown foster jones Knox would be pretty good. I think you might even be able to get Beasley in on it. Would have to adjust when the hoodie goes to quarters but I think it could be pretty good.

Now that I think of it 4 verticals could be work out of 12 personnel. 

I think there are advantages of calling deep routes - obviously if we connect there is big play potential but it also clears stuff out underneath for Allen scrambles. I think he could have a big day on the ground but not on designed runs - on scrambles. Call verticals but be clear with Josh if it is not there he can set off. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We have tried blitz heavy approaches. Pettine had a modicum of success back in the 2013 opener with a blitz heavy approach but the second time we played them that season they killed us with draws and delayed hand offs. Rex was blitz heavy a couple of times against them too (though not every time) and we still got picked apart. We do have something to lose - the game - so we have to try and find the gameplan that gives us the best shot. I don't believe that is a heavy blitz package no matter how much fans might think that is aggressive and exciting. 

I think there are advantages of calling deep routes - obviously if we connect there is big play potential but it also clears stuff out underneath for Allen scrambles. I think he could have a big day on the ground but not on designed runs - on scrambles. Call verticals but be clear with Josh if it is not there he can set off. 

Yeah josh taking off would be a good way to beat cover 1 with those routes. I also like the idea of running this from 12 personnel because it’s hard to match personnel. I really can’t wait until Kroft can go. This offense might hit another gear with him

On 9/24/2019 at 5:00 PM, billsbackto81 said:

Ok, knowing what is in front of you for Sunday what's your Offensive and Defensive strategy?

Patriots are missing Wynn and Andrews on the O line. TB is the definition of pocket passer. AB is gone and Edelman is hurt. Burkhead is the #1 RB because Michel has been crap. Their D is good but like us they haven't exactly played any powerhouses. 

My take Offensively:

1. Take deep shots. Their DBs are physical and aggressive and often get away with holding. Force their hand and encourage down field contact. PI is now reviewable. 

2. Make a big effort on protecting Josh in pass protection. I don't care what anyone says, our O line has not been good. Just because we got away with their play against crappy teams doesn't hold water this week.

3. If Motor is available, take the training wheels off and unleash him. 20 touches minimum.

4. Utilize more 2 TE sets. Is Kroft ready? Smith, Knox and Sweeney. The extra protection helps and gives Josh an outlet if things break down.

5. Screw conservative play calling. Unless we're up two scores with 5 minutes left play to win and not to lose.

Defensively:

1. Blitz more, especially on 2nd and long situations. Blitzing on 3rd is IMO too risky against Brady who expects it and kills it.

2. Consistent pass rush. I know, I know it's not the priority of our defensive scheme but if you don't make Brady uncomfortable you have no chance. He won't have his usual safety blankets so bring the heat and force mistakes.

3. Like on Offense, screw conservative play. Do not sit back and allow them momentum and a chance to drive. 

What say you?

Yes to all of the above.

Offense: 

a) I would also mix the 2 TE sets with wide open spread sets. Belicheck likes to disguise rushing LBs and who is blitzing. So make him go dime by putting 4 wide out there even if 1 is a split TE like Knox. THE KEY TO THIS GAME IS NOT TO BE CONSERVATIVE. We can run the ball from spread sets. That's what Thurman Thomas made a career doing. Lets make their little guys tackle Gore and Singletary. 

b) TE screen, WR screen - time to eliminate some over pursuit

c) Some new variation to that Mckenzie flip play is coming

d) Beasley or Knox in the seam routes when we drag the safeties deep 

Defense:

a) I would have White follow Gordon. No one else scares me beyond 15 yards on that team.

b) Jerry stunts- Pats will design a gameplan for the left side due to tackle injuries so stunt blitzes once in awhile to screw with their schemes

c) HANDS UP EVERY PASS !!!!!!  We are due for a deflection pick this game. 

Punt Game:

a) No Penalties on returns would be nice for once

Edited by Locomark