You play coordinator. What's your game plan for Sunday?

billsbackto81

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

If you want to live by the blitz against Brady you will die by the blitz. They key to rattling him has always been by rushing four but getting pressure up the middle. 

My game plan defensively is just to play our defense. No blown assignments, no big plays, mix your coverages and make Brady go 80 yards and 12 plays on you. He will do that but if you can limit him to doing that 2 or 3 times you are in the ball game. 

It is offense where I am struggling. I just don't know where I see an advantage for us. I think our oline should hold its own against their front but beyond that I give every advantage to the Patriots D. My plan would be use Allen's legs early try and get them to commit someone as a spy so I am evening the numbers game elsewhere to 10 on 10 and then see if you can get Beasley and Knox open underneath. But basically it becomes can you out Patriots the Patriots and execute effectively 2 or 3 long touchdown drives. I am not sure. 

It is maddening that just as the Bills have their most competitive team for a good while the Pats arrive here with their most formidable defense in a decade. There are plenty of Pats teams over the last 10 years that I would take this Bills team to beat at home. Sadly I am not sure the 2019 Patriots is one of them.

Offensively, eliminate the stupid penalties and Josh take what the defense give you. I'd love for Allen to learn to manipulate the pocket the way Mahomes/Wilson does.

Single deep safety, press Edelman and Gordon.  Send an extra blitzer up the middle.  

Utilize plays with McKenzie like last week.  Keep speed on the field on the corners at all times.  Let Knox and Beasley work the middle of the field.  

Run in formations that spread the defenders, read option. 

• Like (+1) 2

Beating the Pats is a monumental task.    Their O is good.  Their D is good.  They've owned us.   To win this game will take more than a good game plan.  It will require some Bills players to play better than they've played this season so far.  And it will require some execution errors from the Pats.  But here are my general thoughts...

Offense.  We've got to force the excellent NE defense to defend the entire field.  We have to take take shots deep shots.  We've got to throw crossing routes over the middle and take shots at the perimeter shots.  We need Gore going up the middle and Motor running outside.  We have the potential to run a multifaceted offense and need to live up to that potential on Sunday.  A one-dimensional offense won't score enough to keep pace with a Pats team averaging 35 points per game.   Allen and company need to bring their 'A' game.

Defense.  Brady may be the GOAT.  It's hard to pressure him because he gets the ball out so quick - 2.45 seconds on average - but if you don't pressure him, he'll pick you apart.   2.45 seconds isn't long enough for an offensive linemen to beat his man so we've got to attack Brady with exotic blitzes.    We've got to throw everything but the kitchen sink at Brady - but not on every play.  We've got to blitz enough to get him nervous but we can't continually give him the opportunities downfield that comes with blitzing.  Our blitzes need to be smart and aggressive - so he thinks about them every play even if they only happen 1 play in 3.   

Immediately talk the Panthers into tanking and giving us Kuechly and McCaffrey. Give the ball to McCaffe 50 times between passes and rushing in our fancy RPO offense with Knox also. Have Kuechly murder Brady on 1st drive. Feed Beasley all day on route to 15 TD passes from Allen to go with his 5 rushing TDs

After evey 1st down I cup somebodys ball sack

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If you want to live by the blitz against Brady you will die by the blitz. They key to rattling him has always been by rushing four but getting pressure up the middle. 

My game plan defensively is just to play our defense. No blown assignments, no big plays, mix your coverages and make Brady go 80 yards and 12 plays on you. He will do that but if you can limit him to doing that 2 or 3 times you are in the ball game. 

It is offense where I am struggling. I just don't know where I see an advantage for us. I think our oline should hold its own against their front but beyond that I give every advantage to the Patriots D. My plan would be use Allen's legs early try and get them to commit someone as a spy so I am evening the numbers game elsewhere to 10 on 10 and then see if you can get Beasley and Knox open underneath. But basically it becomes can you out Patriots the Patriots and execute effectively 2 or 3 long touchdown drives. I am not sure. 

It is maddening that just as the Bills have their most competitive team for a good while the Pats arrive here with their most formidable defense in a decade. There are plenty of Pats teams over the last 10 years that I would take this Bills team to beat at home. Sadly I am not sure the 2019 Patriots is one of them.

And that would result in a pick. 

I don't remember Gilmore ever being a great deep ball defender. Matter of fact, many wanted him gone because of this fact

4 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Gonna need to out hit them especially skilled O guys and use jumbo formation on edges... 3 TE and bludgeon their lbs and safeties.  Run and block angry.

GORE THEM!! (Run Angry)

• Like (+1) 1

1.  Offense:  Keep the ball out of Brady’s hands.  Run game - go at Gilmore’s side with runs cause he won’t tackle.  Pray Singleton can play.  Lot of play action, short throws and they take the deep shot when they cheat up.  No mistakes!!!  No dumb off sides, no dumb throws back over the middle.  Have to be smart 

2.  Defense:  Only thing that potentially affects Brady is pressure up the middle.  Play LoZo and Shaq  inside, stunt a lot to free them and Oliver to pressure up the middle.  Edmunds has to control the middle short routes.  DBs have to keep the ball in front of them.  And all this is if we can control their run game - odds are they run the ball like they did the game at our place last year until and unless we can show we stop them.  Guys like Edmunds, Milano, Oliver, Neal - time to our on the big boy pants.

I'd do the exact opposite of any game plan you would normally have. Run no huddle 80% of the game, blitz 80% of the game. Run every option play possible, and if it doesn't work the first time, do it again the next play. In all seriousness, I can't think of any way the bills could outplay the Patriots. Let's hope daboll and Frazier have some tricks up their sleeves

My D game plan:

1. Double cover and jam Edelman at the line.  Take away their best threat  ala BB.
  2. Every so often do a full house max reddogblitz on Tommy. 
  3. Hit Tommy often even late if you have to.  It'd be worth the 15 yards to knock him down a few times.
  4. Sure Tommy may burn us a few times, but he gets really erratic and mad when hit often.  
  5. Disrupt their timing.  It's all timing for them.
Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Blitz Brady mercilessly. We have the DBs to cover and we don't give up much YAC.  He is going to beat you dropping 7 or 8 so you might as well blitz.

I'd give Johnson a few more reps. Murphy is a bust. He just runs upfield playing hands with the RT. He is never doubled. Give the kid a few reps. Blitz the nickel/slot CB or safety. Let Milano and Edmunds chase side to side. 

It would be nice to get some production out of Oliver

• Like (+1) 1

Defense:  Get hands in passing lanes.  Focus on stopping the run. Never let them run out of bounds on a run or a completed pass.  Can’t miss ANY tackles. If the chance presents itself, bang Brady real hard early in the game about two or three times.  Jam the receivers at the line and make Brady throw deep because I’m not sure his arm it still all that. 

Offense: first half choose the O-line’s favorite fifteen plays and execute them perfectly. Just mix them up like a baseball pitcher moves the ball around the strike zone.  Second half (this is outside the box), run every single play the **Pats ran during the first half, in reverse order.  Maybe it will freak them out. Maybe they run those plays because their defense can’t stop it in practice. And never run out of bounds to stop the clock and run the play clock down to one every pre-snap.

Edited by snafu
  • Sad 1