You play coordinator. What's your game plan for Sunday?

billsbackto81

Ok, knowing what is in front of you for Sunday what's your Offensive and Defensive strategy?

Patriots are missing Wynn and Andrews on the O line. TB is the definition of pocket passer. AB is gone and Edelman is hurt. Burkhead is the #1 RB because Michel has been crap. Their D is good but like us they haven't exactly played any powerhouses. 

My take Offensively:

1. Take deep shots. Their DBs are physical and aggressive and often get away with holding. Force their hand and encourage down field contact. PI is now reviewable. 

2. Make a big effort on protecting Josh in pass protection. I don't care what anyone says, our O line has not been good. Just because we got away with their play against crappy teams doesn't hold water this week.

3. If Motor is available, take the training wheels off and unleash him. 20 touches minimum.

4. Utilize more 2 TE sets. Is Kroft ready? Smith, Knox and Sweeney. The extra protection helps and gives Josh an outlet if things break down.

5. Screw conservative play calling. Unless we're up two scores with 5 minutes left play to win and not to lose.

Defensively:

1. Blitz more, especially on 2nd and long situations. Blitzing on 3rd is IMO too risky against Brady who expects it and kills it.

2. Consistent pass rush. I know, I know it's not the priority of our defensive scheme but if you don't make Brady uncomfortable you have no chance. He won't have his usual safety blankets so bring the heat and force mistakes.

3. Like on Offense, screw conservative play. Do not sit back and allow them momentum and a chance to drive. 

What say you?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would just take all sorts of deep shots and risks. Mix a consistent running game early (hopefully with some success) with deep shots off of play action. Obviously you have to let Josh know not to force it and take what a defense gives you but I think it would be better to unleash Josh and have him play loose and aggressive. You aren't going to out conservaitve the Pats* that is simply not going to happen. You have to look at how the Eagles beat them in the Super Bowl by playing aggressive and taking calculated risks. 

That's what you have to do just play loose on offense and disciplined on defense. Simply put play to win and take the game to the Pats* as opposed to playing not to lose. 

• Like (+1) 2

My only plan is for the defense. The entire first half, blitz. Pound Brady into the ground. Don’t worry if he has the ball or not. Don’t worry how all the penalties will let them get right down the field and score. Just keep pounding Brady so every snap he’s wondering if he’ll survive the next hit. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

On the d side of the ball I think we have to dare Brady to beat up deep. We need to get solid rush pressure right in his face, Hands up to tip balls, take away the short passing game. If we let him sit back and allow the short passing game he will dink and dunk all day long, there guys will set pick plays and gain 10 yards chunks at a time. The pass rush up the middle needs to be on point. He will get the ball out faster than our ends can get to him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Offense: Lots of run plays. Screens and check-downs. Dink and dunk and just move the chains, as slowly as humanly possible. Whatever it takes to keep the Pat's offense off the field. 

Defense: I got nothing. I would say 'get after Brady', but the so-far sub-par pass rush has me thinking this won't fly. 

At least there's no Gronk?

I like McDermott a lot, but Belichick outcoaches him every single time. The 3rd quarter is going to be a bloodbath.

Edited by skibum
  • Like (+1) 1

On defense, I take away the short throws and force Brady to push the ball down the field. Press coverage all day. On the line, focus all pressure up the middle, not on the edge. Lots of stunts.

On offense, I've got no clue. Maybe have lots of motions like in the first game to force the Pats into base defensive fronts? Lots of screens? Lots of RPO's? Anything to force the defense to process what they are seeing and keep them out of confusing fronts and packages. I would stay away from Gilmore. That means lots of crossing patterns to get John Brown passed off onto other defenders.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MJS said:

On defense, I take away the short throws and force Brady to push the ball down the field. Press coverage all day. On the line, focus all pressure up the middle, not on the edge. Lots of stunts.

On offense, I've got no clue. Maybe have lots of motions like in the first game to force the Pats into base defensive fronts? Lots of screens? Lots of RPO's? Anything to force the defense to process what they are seeing and keep them out of confusing fronts and packages. I would stay away from Gilmore. That means lots of crossing patterns to get John Brown passed off onto other defenders.

Brady is getting the ball out faster than ANY other QB this year so this is doubtful. The key for short throws is stopping YAC.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

My only plan is for the defense. The entire first half, blitz. Pound Brady into the ground. Don’t worry if he has the ball or not. Don’t worry how all the penalties will let them get right down the field and score. Just keep pounding Brady so every snap he’s wondering if he’ll survive the next hit. 

..Cliff Notes version...two words....SIXTY MINUTES..............

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

4. Utilize more 2 TE sets. Is Kroft ready? Smith, Knox and Sweeney. The extra protection helps and gives Josh an outlet if things break down.

They utilized plenty of 3 TE sets last week and if you want protection Lee Smith is most experienced player and best blocker.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Have to get the running game going. Hopefully Singletary is good to go because that young man is lightening in a bottle. Work the short to intermediate passing game. Our TE's should be able to work the seams against their LB's. Our top two WR's are too quick to be covered on slants, comebacks, and outs. I expect a lot of Zone coverage with Gilmore following Brown. I think where we win, if we are to win, is in the trenches and with ball control. Whether that be by the short passing game or the running game we have to limit Brady's opportunities and keep our defense rested for the 4th. Whoever wins the TOP battle will win this game. Finally, pay the refs more money than Bob Kraft. 

• Like (+1) 2

I’d design screen plays to our running backs and tight ends with the goal of roughing up McCourty and Gilmore. Generally just build a game plan around the strategy of forcing their 195-200lbs DBs to have to tackle our 6’5 265lbs tight ends. Lots of screen plays and 1 yard dump offs to Gore and Singletary, force Hightower to move around until he taps out or gets injury.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Brady is getting the ball out faster than ANY other QB this year so this is doubtful. The key for short throws is stopping YAC.

yep keep everything in front of you defensively. what the Bills already do well.

Offense. Play balanced man on man football and tire them out. let the O line beat them up, with 42 and TEs knocking heads. Gore.

to set up the Foster Brown stuff in the 3rd and 4th qtr

and bother Brady up the middle all day. hands up for the short passes he loves.

Which Bills again , already do.

Bills execute and play disciplined on D ? we are going to win it

Go Bills

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

They utilized plenty of 3 TE sets last week and if you want protection Lee Smith is most experienced player and best blocker.

YEP

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On offense  I would really spread them out. 5 wide. 4 wide with a back motioning out of the backfield. If BB wants to blitz what Daboll did against the Jets will work. Attack the edges when running the ball. I hope Felliciano and Singletary are available. switch tempo. go no huddle sometimes. go deep early and often. Would love too see Brown and Foster on the outside Beasley and Mckenzie in the slot, singletary in the backfield.

On defense blitz Brady up the middle. punish the ball carrier, gang tackle. Edmunds and Oliver could be nasty against this beat up Pats o-line. The ends play contain and force Brady to throw over them.  Push the line. at the pre-snap all the defense in tight on the line of scrimmage. Lots of pre-snap motion by the backers and safeties bothers Brady.

If we are more physical than the patriots, win the turnover battle, and control the time of possession. We should be right in it at the end. 

• Like (+1) 1