We know Patriots Take away one specific option on Defense

MAJBobby

On 9/25/2019 at 12:59 AM, mrags said:

I would hope they have a coming out party for Dawson Knox this week. 100+ yards, 2TDs, 8 receptions. Make him known throughout the league. It will open up so much in terms of offense going forward. 

And the icing on the cake would be for Knox to throw a DB or a LB to the ground on his way to the TD.

4 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I’d play with a two tight end set a lot. Bellichik hates when you come at him with something he isn’t ready for. When he adjusts switch to something else. The key is try to dictate what is going on rather than let them and play reactionary.

Bellichek and his teams always do very good half time adjustments and that has been one of our weakness.   Can the crowd help us take the early lead ?

On 9/24/2019 at 3:26 PM, MAJBobby said:

We know NE with BB will game plan to take away your best option and force you for other options to win the game. 

so that being said after 3 weeks. I have to think Smoke will be the one taken away and maybe the intermediate passing game. 

so does this week open up for a Beasley and deep ball offensive game plan this week?  

I think he’s coming after Josh. I think he’s going to force him out of the pocket to his left. Takes away the right and take away gore. 

Takes the throw on the run and stiff arm away

47 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think he’s coming after Josh. I think he’s going to force him out of the pocket to his left. Takes away the right and take away gore. 

Takes the throw on the run and stiff arm away

Funny. I feel the opposite. I feel like they will play contain and make Josh beat them with his arm. While limiting the blitzing but keeping the pressure with just their front 4

I'm sure they'll just disguise plays and then disguise those too, all to make Josh super confused & likely start scrambling after his first read isn't there.

What we need to do is get pressure with just our front line and blitz sparingly. Yes, Tom has been shown to make mistakes when getting hit a lot (like every other QB), but he's got such a quick release & a firm grasp of where everyone should be at all times, that blitzing repeatedly usually ends up with quick 8-12 yard completions over & over & over & over as they march down the field.

Gotta disrupt that, and our LB's need to be able to hit their RB's at the point of attack. Too many tackles being made at the next level by DB's. NE passed the ball all over us in game 1 but settled for FG's, then in game 2 ran all over us.