We know Patriots Take away one specific option on Defense

MAJBobby

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

We know NE with BB will game plan to take away your best option and force you for other options to win the game. 

so that being said after 3 weeks. I have to think Smoke will be the one taken away and maybe the intermediate passing game. 

so does this week open up for a Beasley and deep ball offensive game plan this week?  

So taking away Brown...opens up the deep ball?  Isn't he supposed to be our primary deep threat?

My guess is he is going to disguise the defense and force Allen to make pre snap reads then change the defense before the snap.

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

So taking away Brown...opens up the deep ball?  Isn't he supposed to be our primary deep threat?

BB will give up the deep ball to single coverage. Which will be Gilmore on Jones. Those are low percentage throws. 

2 hours ago, mrags said:

I would hope they have a coming out party for Dawson Knox this week. 100+ yards, 2TDs, 8 receptions. Make him known throughout the league. It will open up so much in terms of offense going forward. 

...interesting.....with these two youngin' TE's ala Knox and Sweeney, perhaps a DUAL threat like Belichick did with Gronk and Hernandez?....sure worked for them...........

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I’m sure BB will have a safety doubling up Smoke and Gilmore will shut down whoever is on the opposite side. 

Could be big days for Knox and Beasley.

My guess Beasley will have an over under on him. I remember in 09 teams started doing that to Moss and Welker. 

I honestly think the Bills should play the game aggressive and like they are playing with house money. Obviously there is a line between aggressive and stupid but you honestly have to play to control the temp of the game and take calculated risks to win games. I think going conservative is the kiss of death against the Pats*. The defense will likely make enough stops and field goal attempts to have the game at worst within 2 scores deep. So the decisions to avoid turnovers might seem good. However considering the fact that you simply will not out conservative the Pats* you might as well go for broke when it comes to beating them. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

I think it'll be the opposite.  They will remove Beasley and make Knox/Zay Jones beat them.

I think they can live with the danger of bombs to Brown and Foster.  If Allen throws for over 300 yards with deep strikes, they lost to a great performance by a young quarterback.  

Why do you think Brown is just a bomb target?  He has been catching all kinds of passes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

I think it'll be the opposite.  They will remove Beasley and make Knox/Zay Jones beat them.

I think they can live with the danger of bombs to Brown and Foster.  If Allen throws for over 300 yards with deep strikes, they lost to a great performance by a young quarterback.  

not sure. When a pass is needed Josh has been going to Brown not Beasley. And that is why I think Brown is the guy they would take away via gameplan 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...interesting.....with these two youngin' TE's ala Knox and Sweeney, perhaps a DUAL threat like Belichick did with Gronk and Hernandez?....sure worked for them...........

It’s been talked about to death I feel like. I’m not sure we can compete with that. At first while Knox was hurt, we saw Sweeney really step up in camp and looked solid. Maybe it’s possible for him to get better but I feel like he’s got some more work to do. But Knox is just a superior athlete. I see him like Jeremy Shockey honestly. The dude is a beast. I would love nothing more than for him to be the next hot TE in this league as a rookie. And honestly, after a small sample size from him, I really feel like that is possible. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Ben Volin from The Boston Globe was on with Bulldog today.

He suggested BB's aim will be to force Allen to be a pocket passer.

I.E., take away his mobility, make him read confusing look defenses, and make the right throw.

This is one area where Josh struggles, so you can be sure BB will do this.

not sure because advanced Stats this year have said otherwise. That he is winning and playing well in the pocket 

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

by shading with Safety. Allowing Gilmore to play tight. As opposed to first three weeks where DBs have to stay so far off of Brown he gets free releases and into and out of cuts essentially uncontested. 

Brown runs all the routes really well. More than Just a deep threat 

Gilmore will be 1 on 1 on Brown IMO.

Then I predict they will use an extra guy up in the box to keep Allen from running/ scrambling. That extra guy in the box will also help NE shut down the run.

Belichick probably sees Allen making plays when running/scrambling as their biggest asset, so I really think they are going to make Allen beat them from the pocket.

4 hours ago, dpberr said:

This.

Bill will bank on his rush getting to Allen and forcing inaccurate downfield passes or turnovers. 

Will mix zone and pressure underneath. I don't think one guy can keep Beasley covered, they will try to keep him bracketed, but we should test that.

If they go man on Beasley or try zone I think we can let Beasley use Sweeney or Knox to create rub plays.

Nothing too obvious, but have one of our TE's line up near Beasley and just post up a few yards deep for a pass.

Beasley can adjust his route accordingly and either slide underneath our TE if he is being covered with outside leverage, or break towards the sideline if covered from the inside.

Good luck jamming him at the line, and let him run some stop and goes. Folks assume short yardage when thinking of Beasley, but I think he could surprise folks deeper.

Would do that till they commit 3 men to cover our TE and Beasley.

Get grandpa Gore some shoes that stay together, and apply a steady dose of pounding off tackle. You have to slow down that rush and make them respect the run, or they will pin their ears back and life will get ugly for Allen.

I don't see NE being fooled by our reverses, but if they are aggressive in pursuit I would try some misdirection to keep them honest.

If Allen is going to keep the ball for god's sake can someone teach him the basics of ball security. I know he has big hands, but he needs to learn to switch the ball to his hand that is away from defenders and towards the nearest sideline. Maybe Gore can give him some pointers.

I think we have to hit Brady. Even if he is hit as he throws, he needs to feel it. I would love to do twists and delayed stunts up the middle, but we got pantsed last year losing contain on runs off the edge.

It is risky vacating that area to bring pressure from the outside up the middle.

Will be a tough game, but if the Bills are ever going to advance as an org, this is the monkey we have to get off our back.