We know Patriots Take away one specific option on Defense

MAJBobby

We know NE with BB will game plan to take away your best option and force you for other options to win the game. 

so that being said after 3 weeks. I have to think Smoke will be the one taken away and maybe the intermediate passing game. 

so does this week open up for a Beasley and deep ball offensive game plan this week?  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, mrags said:

I would hope they have a coming out party for Dawson Knox this week. 100+ yards, 2TDs, 8 receptions. Make him known throughout the league. It will open up so much in terms of offense going forward. 

...and at least one DB carted off the field

giphy.gif

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

We know NE with BB will game plan to take away your best option and force you for other options to win the game. 

so that being said after 3 weeks. I have to think Smoke will be the one taken away and maybe the intermediate passing game. 

so does this week open up for a Beasley and deep ball offensive game plan this week?  

I think it'll be the opposite.  They will remove Beasley and make Knox/Zay Jones beat them.

I think they can live with the danger of bombs to Brown and Foster.  If Allen throws for over 300 yards with deep strikes, they lost to a great performance by a young quarterback.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

...and at least one DB carted off the field

giphy.gif

Well yeah. He needs to show the Pats that Gronk was weak compared to him. 

Thanks fir this clip. Honestly, I might like it more than his angry run. He didn’t have to hit this guy. He was going out of bounds. He hit him clearly to exert his dominance. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well yeah. He needs to show the Pats that Gronk was weak compared to him. 

Thanks fir this clip. Honestly, I might like it more than his angry run. He didn’t have to hit this guy. He was going out of bounds. He hit him clearly to exert his dominance. 

the Juggerknox

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

This would be a great time to break the seal and have Foster become a threat again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wondered whether they've been saving Foster for a game like this. He's become the forgotten man out there. That's no doubt because he's just been pushed down the depth chart and has lost his confidence somewhat, but I try to look at these things optimistically and hope Dabol has been waiting to unleash him for some bombs. 

Very unlikely, but I do think the way you beat Satan is by being aggressive and showing no fear. You can see Josh has been waiting to just uncork one and I think this may the week he finally connects one.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I wondered whether they've been saving Foster for a game like this. He's become the forgotten man out there. That's no doubt because he's just been pushed down the depth chart and has lost his confidence somewhat, but I try to look at these things optimistically and hope Dabol has been waiting to unleash him for some bombs. 

Very unlikely, but I do think the way you beat Satan is by being aggressive and showing no fear. You can see Josh has been waiting to just uncork one and I think this may the week he finally connects one.

Right I know it's ridiculous but this would such a great moment to reveal that we are not left handed.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, RobbRiddick said:

I think the problem is that he is very inaccurate in deep bombs. I think the only one hes ever really hit on with an accurate throw was the one to Foster against the Jags. I think BB would love it if we tried to beat them with deep shots all game. 

• Like (+1) 1

NE is going to have a hard time if they are trying to take your best player out.  The Bills have been spreading the ball around very well in the passing game and they have been good running the ball too.  There is talent all over the place. Their streak of games without allowing a TD is about to implode.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think the Bills best option would be to go a  lot with 2 WR, 2 TE, 1 RB formations.  If the D goes "heavy" use the TE's against LB's in the passing game.  If they go nickel or dime in coverage then run the ball a lot. 

Completely agree. We will need Singletary in this game!

14 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

NE is going to have a hard time if they are trying to take your best player out.  The Bills have been spreading the ball around very well in the passing game and they have been good running the ball too.  There is talent all over the place. Their streak of games without allowing a TD is about to implode.

I hate to say it, but my guess is Gilmore will effectively mitigate Brown or Beasley, whichever BB considers more of a threat in addition to taking away something else. That being said, I agree with you with how well Josh has been distributing the ball. I hope he keeps it up this Sunday.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Ben Volin from The Boston Globe was on with Bulldog today.

He suggested BB's aim will be to force Allen to be a pocket passer.

I.E., take away his mobility, make him read confusing look defenses, and make the right throw.

This is one area where Josh struggles, so you can be sure BB will do this.