What will happen if the Bills do win this weekend

Billsfanatixs

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

If we win the fanbase will be ecstatic. The media will find a narrative of excuses as to how the Patriots lost the game, not the Bills winning it. They still will say they're not sold on Josh Allen as a franchise QB. We move up to 10 in the power rankings wile the Pats will still be at 2 or 3. 

I think this narrative will definitely be there but I still think there will be talk of the Bills being better than people thought. Also conversely there will be talk about people being over sold on the Patriots with a cupcake schedule giving them some easy wins to start and they might not be as solid as people thought.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

If the season ended this coming Monday and we lost to the Pats, Buffalo would have a wildcard spot

If Buffalo wins, we would be alone atop the AFC East and Fandamoniem will ensue. 4-0 in the AFC and 2-0 in the division. How dreamy that would be. Also Buffalo would be among one of the last undefeated teams in the AFC with KC the only other possible

Don't know what will happen, but a fella can dream....

What will happen:

> Media will make excuses for Pats. (Too many injuries, AB hangover, etc.)

> The TSWPC will vanish for a few days.

> The Bills will crack the top ten in most power rankings. The Pats will tumble to #2.

> We're on to Tennessee.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think this narrative will definitely be there but I still think there will be talk of the Bills being better than people thought. Also conversely there will be talk about people being over sold on the Patriots with a cupcake schedule giving them some easy wins to start and they might not be as solid as people thought.

I think the ones who have legitimately been on the Bills bandwagon in the media will be talking us up, but the d*cks are still d*cks about it. 

I'll be EXTREMELY happy with the progress and prognosis for the team and it would raise the bar. If Allen picks apart an outstanding NE defense and the Bills are able to stymie Brady, the sky's the limit. I would also pay ZERO attention to what pundits have to say, good or bad. The guys that break down football, yes. I'm interested. The people in the entertainment business masquerading as sports analysts? None. Not quite sure what award or demerit the Bills receive for positive/negative press from these people. I need the 411 because it seems to matter A LOT to some.

• Like (+1) 1

IF the Bills win 

expect Pats fans to say that the Refs screwed them. 

12 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

My main concern is if they beat the Pats, will they be able to handle the success that comes along with it? Seems we got off to good starts before only to have a meltdown midway through the season til the end.

Who?

the fans?

or 

the team?

/sarc

Good teams should be able to not get overconfident. 

We have weeks to go yet.  

14 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

My main concern is if they beat the Pats, will they be able to handle the success that comes along with it? Seems we got off to good starts before only to have a meltdown midway through the season til the end.

you mean like when i have a lottery ticket and days before the draw I worry a lot about how i'd spent the $35,000,000??

20 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

If the season ended this coming Monday and we lost to the Pats, Buffalo would have a wildcard spot

If Buffalo wins, we would be alone atop the AFC East and Fandamoniem will ensue. 4-0 in the AFC and 2-0 in the division. How dreamy that would be. Also Buffalo would be among one of the last undefeated teams in the AFC with KC the only other possible

Don't know what will happen, but a fella can dream....

*channeling my inner Bill*

"Yeah, we're on to Tennessee."

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

19 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

If we win and it is big if !! I hope we do , we will be number one in the power ranking next week at this time 

Nah, there will still be more "wait and see" folks out there than anything else.  All the pro Bills fans are saying any given Sunday before the game.  Al the anti Bill folks will be using "any given Sunday" as the excuse to still put the Bills down.