This week's Fan column in BuffNews - Josh is a gamer

Kelly the Dog

Well done, especially pointing out it's Allen's wild side that is helping us win. Don't turn a thoroughbred into draught horse. We could have kept Tyrod Taylor if you want to play safe.

It's also worth noting both of those "bad Josh" plays started when the O-line got blown up. If you want to limit Allen's bonehead mistakes, try limiting the bonehead blocking.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

38 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I will delete and replace it but that is strange, of course.

My security protection often gets activated on the Buffalo News page and links. The alarms go off as if the house is on fire. It's gotten to the point where I fear clicking on to the BN. 

47 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well done, especially pointing out it's Allen's wild side that is helping us win. Don't turn a thoroughbred into draught horse. We could have kept Tyrod Taylor if you want to play safe.

It's also worth noting both of those "bad Josh" plays started when the O-line got blown up. If you want to limit Allen's bonehead mistakes, try limiting the bonehead blocking.

I viewed this weeks boneheaded play as progress.

At least he was trying to throw it away and not play hero ball on the cinci pick. 

53 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yep. Although those are going to happen. We do need better pass blocking for sure. That's kind of what I was saying later. he breaks away from rushers so often, so quickly, and with such seeming ease, that we take it for granted. Most QBs in the league are getting sacked twice as much on those plays, or throwing it immediately away.

• Like (+1) 1

Another well written, spot on piece of journalism!  When I think of Josh Allen, I think of the theme song to the TV show years ago "The Facts of Life."

"You take the good.  You take the bad.  You take them both and then you have the facts of "Josh."

He's a work in progress and we are getting to see that progress week after week, Tums in hand, exhilarated one moment, nauseated the next.  Sort of like being on a roller coaster.  Weeeeeee!

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Don't live your life in fear, my friend. ;)

Easy for you to say my friend. I was hacked and ended up with someone (probably from a foreign country) using my credit card numbers to purchase $12, 000 worth of airline tickets. When the security people tried to notify me the phone call was blocked. This happened shortly after someone stole my credit cards and took my house key out of a locked locker at my pool. Within an hour over $4000 worth of merchandise from a variety of establishments were purchased with the cards. It took over two years for this case to go to trial and result in jail time for the ring leader of  this organized gang/network to be sentenced to jail time. So I have a good reason to be cautious. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Easy for you to say my friend. I was hacked and ended up with someone (probably from a foreign country) using my credit card numbers to purchase $12, 000 worth of airline tickets. When the security people tried to notify me the phone call was blocked. This happened shortly after someone stole my credit cards and took my house key out of a locked locker at my pool. Within an hour over $4000 worth of merchandise from a variety of establishments were purchased with the cards. It took over two years for this case to go to trial and result in jail time for the ring leader of  this organized gang/network to be sentenced to jail time. So I have a good reason to be cautious. 

That's awful. But they're locked up!

I'm just kidding. You obviously need to take all precaution. Glad that it ultimately got the ringleader some jail time.

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That's awful. But they're locked up!

I'm just kidding. You obviously need to take all precaution. Glad that it ultimately got the ringleader some jail time.

The credit card case that I opened started off as a small time case. As the case developed it got bigger and bigger and went from a lower court to a higher court case. It turned out to be a multi-state case that resulted into numerous raids. Part of the crew of the ring leader took deals by turning on the ring leader. I'm confident that once the jail bird gets out that he will return to the same business that got him in the joint. 

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I viewed this weeks boneheaded play as progress.

At least he was trying to throw it away and not play hero ball on the cinci pick. 

Maybe. I think he was trying to make a completion on that one. The Intentional Grounding he was trying to throw it away, he just got hit as he was throwing so it didn't reach the LOS. Progress isn't always linear, players don't get better day to day, week to week, even though that is what McDermott stresses every day. There are going to be glitches. I agree that he is progressing a lot though.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

^^^^^This. Could not agree more. Great job OP, quickly turning into an in-season must read! 

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Maybe. I think he was trying to make a completion on that one. The Intentional Grounding he was trying to throw it away, he just got hit as he was throwing so it didn't reach the LOS. Progress isn't always linear, players don't get better day to day, week to week, even though that is what McDermott stresses every day. There are going to be glitches. I agree that he is progressing a lot though.

In his interview he said he was trying to throw that pick away and just didn’t get enough on it. 

IG rule is so dumb. You’d think a league wanting to protect the QB would modify that one. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

In his interview he said he was trying to throw that pick away and just didn’t get enough on it. 

IG rule is so dumb. You’d think a league wanting to protect the QB would modify that one. 

Thanks for the clarification, but I don't believe him. Ha. He threw it slightly toward the field not sideline.

The IG calls are tough for sure. Although I would like to take as little judgment about what the QB was thinking out of the officials hands, so I don't mind the back to the LOS rule too much.