Kick/Punt Return concerns

Jerry Jabber

In back to back weeks, the Bills have given up long kick/punt returns. Luckily, a holding penalty against the Bengals negated a return for a TD. For punt returns, should Bojorquez start aiming the football out of bounds or near the sidelines? I hope Heath Farwell makes some adjustments quickly.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

2 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

In back to back weeks, the Bills have given up long punt returns. Luckily, a holding penalty against the Bengals negated a return for a TD. Should Bojorquez start aiming the football out of bounds or near the sidelines given the two long returns? I hope Heath Farwell makes some adjustments quickly.

The holding penalty that negated the Bengals TD was on a kickoff.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RememberTheRockpile said:

The holding penalty that negated the Bengals TD was on a kickoff.

Thanks! Fixed the subject line.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He out kicked the coverage team against the giants and this week that was a kickoff return.

Thanks! Fixed the subject line.

• Haha (+1) 1

Consistency with Bojorquez has been the biggest issue. When he gets off a good one he can kick it out of the stadium, other times he kind of just doesn't get a good leg into it and it goes no where. Nothing terrible that I can remember,  hes just been average. Maybe he will get into it here soon and gain a bit more confidence. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Another concern is our own punt returning.  You could see Andre Roberts visibly upset at a blocker on a punt return that looked to have a ton of room if not for our guy completely whiffing on his block. 

Yeah, they might need some magic from him this week. Get yo ***** together!

43 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

In back to back weeks, the Bills have given up long kick/punt returns. Luckily, a holding penalty against the Bengals negated a return for a TD. For punt returns, should Bojorquez start aiming the football out of bounds or near the sidelines? I hope Heath Farwell makes some adjustments quickly.

Bojorquez has not really been good.  Whenever he tries punting they ball with hang time it lands short and he almost never is ever able to pin a team inside the 10.

Watch the difference between him and the punters for Cincinnati and NYG.  

Just now, fansince88 said:

Well......is this not a special team conversation?

why don’t we just have 1 global thread and call it “Thoughts on the Bills.”  Isn’t every conversation here about the Bills?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

come on man....

I think what’s missed is that the constant new threads that are already being discussed elsewhere makes some of the valuable threads harder to find, thus limiting discussion. 

A quick scan would have shown that Teams is already being discussed on the board. 

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Bojorquez has not really been good.  Whenever he tries punting they ball with hang time it lands short and he almost never is ever able to pin a team inside the 10.

Watch the difference between him and the punters for Cincinnati and NYG.  

why don’t we just have 1 global thread and call it “Thoughts on the Bills.”  Isn’t every conversation here about the Bills?

Perhaps a mod will enlighten us on this topic.

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

If they see fit, then a moderator can merge the thread.  I think it just gets flat out silly when regular members criticize and complain others for starting new threads.  Who really cares?  Let’s the mods handle it 

I agree. I was only discussing part of what goes into Special Teams, not Special Teams as a whole. If there's a post about the "Bills offense" and a poster starts a thread about Josh Allen, should people start complaining that there's already a thread discussing Josh Allen in the "Bills offense" thread?

51 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Consistency with Bojorquez has been the biggest issue. When he gets off a good one he can kick it out of the stadium, other times he kind of just doesn't get a good leg into it and it goes no where. Nothing terrible that I can remember,  hes just been average. Maybe he will get into it here soon and gain a bit more confidence. 

Wouldn't be surprised if during practice he's also booming them and that's why they have stuck with him longer as they know he has it in him, but on game days is inconsistent.  At some point though either they will need to see improvement during games or they may look elsewhere.  The other thing in his favor may be there aren't any better options, but again if keeps punting bad, the other bad options may become better ones.

20 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I agree. I was only discussing part of what goes into Special Teams, not Special Teams as a whole. If there's a post about the "Bills offense" and a poster starts a thread about Josh Allen, should people start complaining that there's already a thread discussing Josh Allen in the "Bills offense" thread?

I propose we start a new thread called Thread Etiquette where we can discuss when to and when not to start a new thread.

The punt return where Roberts got nothing and was mad reminded me of a post I read when we signed him that the great return he got for the Jets had a lot to do with the blocking he got. We won't get any big returns from him until we straighten that out.

• Like (+1) 1