NFL's newest franchise QB: Daniel Jones

PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

But he threw for 300+ yards in his first game.  

Buffalo has gone 36 games (and it took OT), since they did that!!!!!??

If Tampa Bay had a kicker, it would have been a 300 yard game in a loss. So who gives a shyt about a 300 yard passing game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

He had very little time, that pocket was collapsing fast.  Also most passes are under 20 yards, did you mean <10?  It was an impressive debut considering.  not saying he is a FQB but he did amazing with what he was dealt with.   

Did you see what Josh Allen had to deal with last season? Worst OL in the league, no true #1 RB as Shady was either hurt or way underperforming and no true #1 WR. Not to mention the Bills led the league in drops. So Allen had it way worse than Jones had in 1 freaking start. Get real dude.

5 hours ago, eball said:

NYC (area) teams are always going to get the front page, and it's not as if Jones wasn't impressive.  The only issue I have is in making snap judgments before the guy even has a true body of work out there to assess.  History is replete with QBs who had impressive starts and then faded into mediocrity (or worse).

As for how the national media treat Josh Allen?  Not my concern -- I am only interested in what my eyes see regarding his development and how the team performs.  If he plays well and continues to grow he'll be a Buffalo Bill for life and that's fine with me.

I agree with you, but ESPN First Take with Stephen Smith isn't the 'front page' by any stretch. They're hacks like pretty much everyone else. But it was quite a debut for Jones.

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just watching ESPN First Take where Stephen A Smith and Mel Kiper were taking turns giving Jones a tongue bath.

I guess that's what happens when you play for a New York team. Win one game (barely) and you are instantly the best QB since Sims.

Meanwhile the jury is still out on Josh Allen. :rolleyes:

true...it’s just one game but I do think that Jones was pretty impressive 

5 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Such a tired point to make.  Question.  Has Wyoming?  Has Duke?  Had Clemson before Watson?  Don't get me wrong, Jameis is a terrible face of the franchise, but it has nothing to do with where he went to school.

To be fair, Duke has been a quarterback factory for decades. Here is a partial list of the Hall of Fame QB's they have turned out:

Sonny Jurgensen

Actually, that's the entire list. Never mind.

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just watching ESPN First Take where Stephen A Smith and Mel Kiper were taking turns giving Jones a tongue bath.

I guess that's what happens when you play for a New York team. Win one game (barely) and you are instantly the best QB since Sims.

Meanwhile the jury is still out on Josh Allen. :rolleyes:

What’s sad is the Giants had to relay on the Bucs missing a chip shot field goal at the end of the game to win.. 

But hey, a wins a win I guess. 

9 minutes ago, Steve O said:

To be fair, Duke has been a quarterback factory for decades. Here is a partial list of the Hall of Fame QB's they have turned out:

Sonny Jurgensen

Actually, that's the entire list. Never mind.

Former Bills starting superstar QB Thad Lewis went to Duke.

cant forget about him! 

44 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If Tampa Bay had a kicker, it would have been a 300 yard game in a loss. So who gives a shyt about a 300 yard passing game.

Again you just don't get it.  If he didn't throw for 300 they don't have a chance.....

Yes the Bills are 3-0, however over the 36 games they are 18-18......  Don't you think a 300 yard game may have won some for them (or a few games may have been an easier win)?

19 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again you just don't get it.  If he didn't throw for 300 they don't have a chance.....

Yes the Bills are 3-0, however over the 36 games they are 18-18......  Don't you think a 300 yard game may have won some for them (or a few games may have been an easier win)?

this is just a thing with you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What don't I get?

That you HAVE to throw for that almighty 300 yards to win a game?

You are obsessed with 300 yard games like Demonrats are obsessed with impeachment.

Allen can win the Bills the SB this year while NEVER throwing for 300 yards and it wouldn't matter to you.

Completely nuts.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

EVERY QB in the NFL plays erratically at times & if you watch every down a team plays, like many of us do with the Bills, you can always say that about your team's QB.  Until a QB comes along with a 100% completion % and 0 INTS fans who watch every down will say the guy makes stupid decisions sometimes.  It's the QB's & coaches'  jobs to cut the bad throws down to an acceptable level, meaning they cost as few games as possible.  Still they'll always be there.  Even Brady has throws he wants back.  

One of the stats that are talked about with great QBs is their 4th quarter comebacks.  Many of those comebacks are the result of something bad they did earlier in the game.  A perfect QB would never have to have a 4th quarter comeback because he'd win every game wire-to-wire.  

If Allen had that kind of game the negative nancies would say he could have gotten more yardage by throwing to someone else and he was too conservative.

12 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Jones looked good during training camp.  He played well during the preseason.  He played well during his first start.  I think it is more likely than not that Jones develops into a good QB.  

Why do we care though?

Not so much we care about Jones, just the rush to crown him after one game. Remember how preseason isn't supposed to mean anything?

11 hours ago, njbuff said:

Why anyone would bother to listen to an idiot like Smith is beyond me. His opinion means less than nothing.

And we all know that Kiper has no idea what the heck he is talking about either.

Kiper is always right when he says good thongs about the Bills.?

Kiper has been high on JA and the Bills all offseason if I recall correctly.