NFL's newest franchise QB: Daniel Jones

PromoTheRobot

Just watching ESPN First Take where Stephen A Smith and Mel Kiper were taking turns giving Jones a tongue bath.

I guess that's what happens when you play for a New York team. Win one game (barely) and you are instantly the best QB since Sims.

Meanwhile the jury is still out on Josh Allen. :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 11

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just watching ESPN First Take where Stephen A Smith and Mel Kiper were taking turns giving Jones a tongue bath.

I guess that's what happens when you play for a New York team. Win one game (barely) and you are instantly the best QB since Sims.

meh - nothing against the kid but if Eli was in that game they post a more convincing win.

Jameis is who we thought he was regardless of who's coaching him.

honestly - has FSU ever produced a strong NFL QB?  and don't answer Brad Johnson, we all know what made that season go...

3 minutes ago, Say When... said:

meh - nothing against the kid but if Eli was in that game they post a more convincing win.

Jameis is who we thought he was regardless of who's coaching him.

honestly - has FSU ever produced a strong NFL QB?  and don't answer Brad Johnson, we all know what made that season go...

Such a tired point to make.  Question.  Has Wyoming?  Has Duke?  Had Clemson before Watson?  Don't get me wrong, Jameis is a terrible face of the franchise, but it has nothing to do with where he went to school.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

NYC (area) teams are always going to get the front page, and it's not as if Jones wasn't impressive.  The only issue I have is in making snap judgments before the guy even has a true body of work out there to assess.  History is replete with QBs who had impressive starts and then faded into mediocrity (or worse).

As for how the national media treat Josh Allen?  Not my concern -- I am only interested in what my eyes see regarding his development and how the team performs.  If he plays well and continues to grow he'll be a Buffalo Bill for life and that's fine with me.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Such a tired point to make.  Question.  Has Wyoming?  Has Duke?  Had Clemson before Watson?  Don't get me wrong, Jameis is a terrible face of the franchise, but it has nothing to do with where he went to school.

ok, so the history and size of the school doesn't matter, and we discount the schools contribution to NFL talent over the last 40+ years, then, you're right, it's tired.

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I was watching a local sports show yesterday and thought the same exact thing.  It's incredible how he's gone from ridiculed draft pick to their '10 year starter' (someone actually said that) after a few pre-season games and one start. I wonder if  the narrative would be the same had the TB kicker hit the chip shot.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

So, he plays one game and now he is the FRANCHISE QB, how easy for him

The fans in NYC are not that dumb

Well, yes, he is in that Eli is done and the Giants aren’t going to draft another one anytime soon.  Just like the Bills with Allen, it’s sink or swim with the guy for at least 3 years.

Meanwhile, Tampa will be looking for a QB with their top 10 pick next year.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

It's true of every College that they have not produced a good NFL QB, until they do!  Then all of a sudden are they a "QB factory"?  Of course not! 

It's about the player and what they do when they get to the NFL, not the college. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I guess that's what happens when you play for a New Jersey team. Win one game (barely) and you are instantly the best QB since Sims.

Corrected.  As Josh Allen states he is a QB who plays in NY.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Why anyone would bother to listen to an idiot like Smith is beyond me. His opinion means less than nothing.

And we all know that Kiper has no idea what the heck he is talking about either.

Add Skip Bayless to the “ his opinion means less than nothing” crowd . 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I bet not. The narrative will be how the Pats let one slip.

This...and even though we have supporters on NFL Network, after the MNF game last night they finally got around to talking about the Bills (really didn't see anything mentioned other than the score/win until after midnight, two days after the game) and they kind of laughed off the Bills.  Robertson still is a big supporter, but he doesn't think they win this game.

...and I know the Patriots are really, really good, but I do so hate when they bring up the stat of the Bills opponents are 1-8...all the while the Pats are 0-9.

I don't mind anyone picking the Pats...I mind that, at 3-0, the Bills are still sort of a joke, especially this weekend.

EDIT:  Out of curiosity ask yourself something...if a team like, let's say the Bengals were 3-0 and not 0-3 and they were playing the Pats in week 4 do you think they would get mocked leading up to the game, or rather mocked with such ease?

What if the beloved Browns were home against the Pats right now, at 1-2...would there be the easy smiles, as well?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

This...and even though we have supporters on NFL Network, after the MNF game last night they finally got around to talking about the Bills (really didn't see anything mentioned other than the score/win until after midnight, two days after the game) and they kind of laughed off the Bills.  Robertson still is a big supporter, but he doesn't think they win this game.

...and I know the Patriots are really, really good, but I do so hate when they bring up the stat of the Bills opponents are 1-8...all the while the Pats are 0-9.

I don't mind anyone picking the Pats...I mind that, at 3-0, the Bills are still sort of a joke, especially this weekend.

EDIT:  Out of curiosity ask yourself something...if a team like, let's say the Bengals were 3-0 and not 0-3 and they were playing the Pats in week 4 do you think they would get mocked leading up to the game, or rather mocked with such ease?

What if the beloved Browns were home against the Pats right now, at 1-2...would there be the easy smiles, as well?

They would be fawning over Zac Taylor big time. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It was rather impressive, when you consider their biggest play maker on Offense went down early! Barkley went out and the game was squarely on his shoulders and he came threw.  Now lets see how he does it from week to week and against better teams.  (Also his accuracy was better than Allen's last year by a large margin!)