Josh Allen mic’d Up!

Chandler#81

Josh is a great leader which bodes really well for the future.  

I also love how he has such an even keel...although he did seem a little frazzled in that game with the intentional grounding and the pick. Overall, however, he seems well grounded. 

Love the kid!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I also love how he has such an even keel...although he did seem a little frazzled in that game with the intentional grounding and the pick. Overall, however, he seems well grounded. 

Love the kid!

He makes some dumb decisions but the also picks himself up and shoulders past them and produces. 

Eliminate the dumb decisions and we should be very happy for a long time 

• Like (+1) 1

Really enjoyed that, man. They should have him mic'd up every week. 

I loved that quote from Lee Smith... something along the lines of "I've known you enough to know it's not about you when we do well, so it's not about you when we mess up. It's on US."

This team truly is a family and the guys have each other's backs!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Really enjoyed that, man. They should have him mic'd up every week. 

I loved that quote from Lee Smith... something along the lines of "I've known you enough to know it's not about you when we do well, so it's not about you when we mess up. It's on US."

This team truly is a family and the guys have each other's backs!

Guys like Lee Smith and Pat Dimarco keep getting spots because they say stuff like this when nobody else thinks to- encouragement from teammates > encouragement from coaches. 

They’re culture builders.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7

38 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Love the kid!

If I was head coach I wouldn't have said a word to him after the pick.  Not a word.  Talk about next drive and keeping your head up. 

We don't need another Joe Ferguson head hanger.

He needs to have a short memory, not be told something he already knows over and over and over again.   

Beating a dead horse can mess with a young dude's psyche

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Guys like Lee Smith and Pat Dimarco keep getting spots because they say stuff like this when nobody else thinks to- encouragement from teammates > encouragement from coaches. 

They’re culture builders.

i'll admit I was sort of annoyed by the smith signing and the fact that he end up sticking around through the cuts.... that was the naïve fan in me, obviously. its fairly obvious what he offers now in the huddle, sideline and locker room. 

he's definitely leaving his stamp on the team for the future.

20 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

If I was head coach I wouldn't have said a word to him after the pick.  Not a word.  Talk about next drive and keeping your head up. 

We don't need another Joe Ferguson head hanger.

He needs to have a short memory, not be told something he already knows over and over and over again.   

yup. he already knows it was inexcusable. saying anything about it in-game literally helps nothing in that scenario. what an answer by allen with 4 minutes left. it was quite literally all him via passing and rushing all the way down to the 1 on that drive.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

That was a great camera angle on the Knox play.

Other than that, this felt kind of tame to me.  There had to be way more sound bites but I'm wondering if it was stuff they couldn't air

The premise is fantastic. It’s John Murphy’s terrible voice and play calling. He doesn’t know when to be excited and is terrible with Down and distance and yards being gained on the play. He’s been at this for a decade and still sucks.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Look, sometimes moments like this are the fuel to get BETTER and you can't necessarily take it as brooding over a turnover. Leaders have setbacks but you can't hide initial reactions, but you can take different paths for how you DEAL with the setbacks. Josh'll be just fine. I refer you all to Week 1 and Week 3 fourth quarters.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

He makes some dumb decisions but the also picks himself up and shoulders past them and produces. 

Eliminate the dumb decisions and we should be very happy for a long time 

I think back to Kelly’s first couple years here and he did the same (and had the benefit of playing in the USFL for two years prior). 

I believe Josh will mature in the same manner. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

That Lee Smith quote is fantastic.

”you ain’t a me guy when you do good, so don’t be a me guy when you ***** up.”

Gotta love it.  By the same token gotta love that Josh takes responsibility for it... as long as he's not sitting around with some hangdog look and pouting about it there's nothing wrong with him saying "that's on me".

• Like (+1) 1