Power Rankings Week 4 - Main Stream Media outlets - Updated with Wk 4 Picks

Power Rankings Week 4 - Main Stream Media

Pete Prisco and CBS said WHAT??   https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-4-power-rankings-bills-are-climbing-as-date-with-top-ranked-patriots-looms/

6. Buffalo Bills  | Last Week’s Rank: 10

Sean McDermott for coach of the year? A win this week against the Patriots and he will be the Coach of the Year at the quarter mark.

NFL 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001058649/printable/nfl-power-rankings-week-4-bills-49ers-hit-top-10-eagles-dive

RANK  6    BILLS (3-0)     Previous rank: No. 12 

Dawson Knox, have a day. With the Bills down three late in the fourth quarter, Buffalo's rookie tight end hauled in aJosh Allen pass and morphed into an evolutionary Gronk. His 49-yard catch-and-run sent New Era Stadium into a frenzy and set up the Bills' go-ahead touchdown. The seven-play, 78-yard drive was a minor masterpiece by theBills, and provided the latest evidence that Allen has taken the next step as a quarterback in Year 2. Buffalo had coughed up a 14-0 lead in this game, and a loss would have undone much of the progress of the season's first two weeks. But Allen -- with a huge helping hand from his Baby Gronk -- wouldn't allow that to happen. The Bills are 3-0 and welcome the 3-0 Patriots to their house on Sunday. This is the biggest Bills game in a long time. Circle them wagons!

WaPo  https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/24/nfl-power-rankings-week-cowboys-packers-are-heels-rams-nfc-supremacy/

9. Buffalo Bills (3-0) | Last Week’s Rank: 10

The Patriots come to town this weekend. That will either provide a sobering reality check for the Bills and their fans or the ultimate boost to their confidence in a rebuilding program that is on fast-forward

ESPN   https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27678541/week-4-nfl-power-rankings-1-32-poll-plus-got-wrong-preseason

12. Buffalo Bills (3-0)

Week 3 ranking: 15gn-arrow.png

What we got wrong: That Tommy Sweeney was the Bills' best option at tight end.

Not a knock against Sweeney, who was still a steal in the seventh round, but Dawson Knox has flashed Travis Kelce-like ability -- and the Bills are using him that way. After missing most of training camp and the preseason with a hamstring injury, Knox has emerged as arguably Josh Allen's favorite scramble-drill target. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

USA Today   https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/09/24/week-3-nfl-power-rankings-cowboys-patriots-chiefs-49-ers-rams/2425517001/ 

12. Bills (10): Last time they were 3-0 was 2011 ... which, coincidentally, was last time they beat New England when Tom Brady played four quarters. Game on.

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Yeah, this has never gone well for us in the past once we start getting the media love.

The team hasn't been able to handle success in the past. If we were playing a bad team this week, I'd be super worried about a letdown -- but the fact that we're playing the Patriots guards against that and is very good IMO. Now, if we beat NE, I will be very concerned @TEN.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I'm sorry USA Today, we go 3-0 and we DROP two spots in your ranking?

how brutal were they on Seattle?  

17. Seahawks (13): After escaping lowly Bengals and Big Ben-less Steelers, they — and coach Pete Carroll — took quite a shot to the face Sunday. Week 4 date with Arizona unlikely to reveal much more about Seattle.

TBH I think Seattle has slipped and the lowly Bengals and Big Ben-less Steelers Losses help to prove it.  

• Like (+1) 1

Lions win move up 9 spots to 11

Texans win move up 9 spots to 9

Saints win move up 6 spots to 8

Ravens lose move up 2 spots to 3

49ers win drop 1 spot to 10 

Bills win drop 2 spots to 12

Vikings currently 2-1 are last in their division and are ranked 7

Rankings are a joke

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Both make sense imo.

The Ravens came back and made a game of it versus one of the top teams in the NFL, KC at KC.  Meanwhile we had to rally after blowing a 14 point lead at home against one of the worst teams in the league.

The Bangles aren't even close to the worst team. Their not even the 5 or 6 worst team. Not says they are a great team, just saying they ain't the worst by a long shot.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BigPappy said:

The Bangles aren't even close to the worst team. Their not even the 5 or 6 worst team. Not says they are a great team, just saying they ain't the worst by a long shot.

glad someone said it, lest we forget, they've played 2 3-0 teams and their combined opposition record is 8-1...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

I wrote "one of the worst", not "the worst".  ESPN has them as the 30th team, out of 32 and clearly in the bottom 5 or 6.  I think that more than qualifies as "one of the worst".

46 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The team hasn't been able to handle success in the past. If we were playing a bad team this week, I'd be super worried about a letdown -- but the fact that we're playing the Patriots guards against that and is very good IMO. Now, if we beat NE, I will be very concerned @TEN.

Yep. I recall beating Aaron Rodgers and the Packers, and then losing to a 2-12 Raiders the next week.

• Like (+1) 1