Incognito admits he was the one who screwed up in Buffalo

Big Turk

It has been very obvious to see the two Richies.  

One is a really nice, intelligent, well mannered guy.  The other is a complete psychopath.

I have been saying for a long time this has to be the product of drugs...either him taking them (in the form of alcohol or other) or NOT taking them (prescription medication) if he had some sort of mental illness.

So this makes a lot of sense.  

He seems to be off the drugs and alcohol again based on how he looked on Hard Knocks.

I wonder if we couldn't have played the Richie card better...we could use him right now!

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Sounds like certain posters owe the organization an apology. Remember a LOT of people here castigating beane for the Incognito situation.

Shows the true professionalism of the organization that they kept quiet about it.

And yet they were still holding the player accountable for his actions instead of just letting it slide.

Yeah, I dig me some trusting the process, as well as this organization.

Hell, they even expect it from their fans in the parking lot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Acceptance is the hardest part, so Cognito broke some ground there. The rest of this is up to him. You have to want help to help yourself. He would also benefit from sharing his experiences with other people like himself...the approximation can help.

Edited by Rocket94

4 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Incognito is one of those guys that continually screws up and, down the road, admits to it being his fault and a lot of people then think he is then on the right path.

It is a mindset some folks have to learn to avoid becoming the next enabler.

Drug abuse and the mental health issues that are often associated with it are not things that are simply "cured".

They are a battle those clean and sober folks have to win each day. And yeah, relapses are pretty common.

6 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Incognito being candid and admitting he fell back into drinking and drugs during the 2017, saying he was showing up to team functions high, was overweight, unmotivated and that he put up a lot of red flags which led to the Bills requesting he take a pay cut...full story below(looks like its behind a pay wall, but for those that have a BN subscritpion appears like it will be a good read).

At least this gives some more background as to what was going on...at the time I remember Incognito acting in ways that seemed to indicate mental health problems may be arising or at least some form of cry for help, and now we may know what caused it or at least greatly contributed to it.

http://buffalonews.com/2019/09/23/hey-listen-im-ok-incognito-addresses-his-mistakes-and-his-time-with-bills-on-real-sports/

Sounds like the meds are working then. He's coming back to his senses

it also is a big FU to all those posters who said it was a mistake to ask him to take a paycut, and that the Bills made the wrong move.

6 hours ago, H2o said:

You worry about people like this when they don't have things like football to occupy their time anymore. Hopefully the guy keeps his life together, but one day football will no longer be an option. The question is what will he do when that day comes? 

I think for a guy like him it's gonna be really important to finish his career on his terms. If he's forced out by injury or his behavior, that could send him back down that spiral again. 

6 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Incognito being candid and admitting he fell back into drinking and drugs during the 2017, saying he was showing up to team functions high, was overweight, unmotivated and that he put up a lot of red flags which led to the Bills requesting he take a pay cut...full story below(looks like its behind a pay wall, but for those that have a BN subscritpion appears like it will be a good read).

At least this gives some more background as to what was going on...at the time I remember Incognito acting in ways that seemed to indicate mental health problems may be arising or at least some form of cry for help, and now we may know what caused it or at least greatly contributed to it.

http://buffalonews.com/2019/09/23/hey-listen-im-ok-incognito-addresses-his-mistakes-and-his-time-with-bills-on-real-sports/

Be well, Richie. You don't need to apologize to this Bills fan. I know you tried as best you could under difficult circumstances. Best of luck going forward.

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

But it was the Bills FO fault...

7 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Seems a bit stretch-y to look at wood or the previously mentioned Castillo here. The dudes always been incredibly erratic, regardless of coach, teammate, etc... 

two things here though -

if he was out of shape and showing up high I’m surprised they even offered the pay cut 

if this is what he’s owning, I’m curious what if any more is left unsaid. 

He's exhibited world class douche baggery at nearly every stop of his career.  I'm sure a lot of things went into his 'good behavior' with the Bills.  But for a couple of years, he straightened up and even made the Pro Bowl.  I don't think it's that big of a stretch to suggest Wood was a positive influence on him during his time here.   

1 hour ago, stony said:

He's exhibited world class douche baggery at nearly every stop of his career.  I'm sure a lot of things went into his 'good behavior' with the Bills.  But for a couple of years, he straightened up and even made the Pro Bowl.  I don't think it's that big of a stretch to suggest Wood was a positive influence on him during his time here.   

We don’t even know how long he was straightened up here. If I asked you last week if he was out of shape and high in team meetings you would’ve called me crazy.

Wood may have helped a bit but really it’s throwing darts blindfolded. If nothing else, it’s unlikely he was a bad influence. 

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

We don’t even know how long he was straightened up here. If I asked you last week if he was out of shape and high in team meetings you would’ve called me crazy.

Wood may have helped a bit but really it’s throwing darts blindfolded. If nothing else, it’s unlikely he was a bad influence. 

Sounds like he was saying he backslid during the 2017 season.  At this point, there's no reason to lie about when it happened.  And given that the Bills asked him, their best O-lineman who was sorely underpaid, to take a pay cut after the season, I'd have believed you if you told me last week he was out of shape and high in team meetings. 

Edited by Doc

Trying to understand how the "lets offer a pay cut" scenario played out internally:

Coaching staff : "Richie is fat and coming to meetings high"
GM Staff: "Has he flunked an NFL drug test"
Coaching Staff : "No"
GM Staff : "Lets give him a pay cut and hope he doesn't get caught"

I see cutting him outright. I just don't see how the pay cut concept fits any "process".  Color me confused.