The reason we haven't played a complete game yet.

The OP is right total sandbag job, the pats are gonna get the shock and awe treatment...?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

The game plan on defense should be to get into Bradys face as often as possible...frustrate him. Offensive line I'd like to see them protect Josh Allen so he can go through his reads and run if he has to but ultimately keep the sack numbers low and I really hope we get Devin Singletary back I don t have a ton of confidence in TJ Yeldon.

Special teams Please have your best game to date Bojo had another bad punting game last week. Defensive or special teams points on the board would be HUGE. It's all going to have to click.  I hope we smash em in the mouth.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Margarita said:

The game plan on defense should be to get into Bradys face as often as possible...frustrate him. Offensive line I'd like to see them protect Josh Allen so he can go through his reads and run if he has to but ultimately keep the sack numbers low and I really hope we get Devin Singletary back I don t have a ton of confidence in TJ Yeldon.

Special teams Please have your best game to date Bojo had another bad punting game last week. Defensive or special teams points on the board would be HUGE. It's all going to have to click.  I hope we smash em in the mouth.

Just curious, what's your baseline that is making you say this?

Bojo had 5 punts, 3 were inside the 20 and 2 were returned for an average of 4 yards.  His average punt wasn't great but that's because he was dealing with a short field; touchback vs inside the 20.  he was also dealing with the wind.

so 60% of his punts were inside the 20 and fair caught, the other 2 (40%) averaged 4 total yards.  i'm not sure you classify that as bad when looking at punting standards.

now, if you want to change the NFL wide punting standards of 'inside the 20' metric to 'inside the 10' then that needs to be done across the board and look at all punters then.

I'm not insinuating he had a great game, but i think we need to temper ourselves on what we call bad, he did more than enough to contribute to the win and certainly wasn't a factor in a potential loss.

lastly, not on Bojo - the hold that called back the return TD was just that, a hold and it nullified the play meaning it NEVER happened, any 'what if' has no relevance.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Say When... said:

Just curious, what's your baseline that is making you say this?

Bojo had 5 punts, 3 were inside the 20 and 2 were returned for an average of 4 yards.  His average punt wasn't great but that's because he was dealing with a short field; touchback vs inside the 20.  he was also dealing with the wind.

so 60% of his punts were inside the 20 and fair caught, the other 2 (40%) averaged 4 total yards.  i'm not sure you classify that as bad when looking at punting standards.

now, if you want to change the NFL wide punting standards of 'inside the 20' metric to 'inside the 10' then that needs to be done across the board and look at all punters then.

I'm not insinuating he had a great game, but i think we need to temper ourselves on what we call bad, he did more than enough to contribute to the win and certainly wasn't a factor in a potential loss.

lastly, not on Bojo - the hold that called back the return TD was just that, a hold and it nullified the play meaning it NEVER happened, any 'what if' has no relevance.

on paper his 34.6 yards per punt average for the 5 sounds not very good your post elaborates how sometimes numbers can be misleading. Nice post thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

One thing I really want to see on D? 

Remember how much super Mario used to cry, under Sexy Rexy, about having to drop into coverage?

Well, I would love to see Eddy O line up as a DE, juke inside, turn, and LEVEL PEDelman as he tries to sneak just behind the line, and sit in a zone hole (within 5 yards of the line, and completely legally, of course).

I just want to see that whimpering, drugged-up rat shown that this Bills team are a bunch of mean mo'fo's, and we aren't going to let him and his pick-play cheatery go unpunished. 

We need the Ed Oliver breakout game this week. Massive middle pash rush is how you stop Brady. He isn't that great outside the pocket, not terrible, as he's not terrible at anything, but a precise rhythm offense is not ideal for sandlot plays that Allen, Mahomes and Watson are all taylor-made for.

• Like (+1) 1

I mean there is a real reason why this offense keeps going through fits and starts. What over 75% of the starters are new not to mention from what John Brown has said it's not that simple of an offense. I think as the year goes on this offense is going to start clicking more and more. It felt like they were real close last Sunday and somewhat that having Yeldon instead of Singeltary kind of threw a monkey wrench into it. I just hope they can be firing on all cylinders for the Pats because you've got to give those guys your best.

7 minutes ago, Margarita said:

on paper his 34.6 yards per punt average for the 5 sounds not very good your post elaborates how sometimes numbers can be misleading. Nice post thanks.

it's cool - i hope i didn't come across as an officious jerk; lots of troll statements getting thrown around and I try to refrain from responding if i think it was intentionally said.

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We have been sandbagging to trick the patriots into the same old Bills :D

Go Bills beat the Cheats !!!

I actually think there is some truth to that in that the offense is still somewhat shaky so feel like OK we hve the lead, lets not do anything stupid to let them back in the game.  But by becoming too conservative the other team and mistakes have allowed the other team to get back in it. 

I do think they know this wek will require 60 minutes of pedal to the metal all game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I feel like we have fantasized about this many times in the past, only to have the offense come out and look worse/less imaginative.

I don't buy it.

That's not just a feeling.  That's reality!

Bills fans have very short memories.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Say When... said:

it's cool - i hope i didn't come across as an officious jerk; lots of troll statements getting thrown around and I try to refrain from responding if i think it was intentionally said.

haha welcome to the internet no I don't think you are a jerk..if you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen..in other words a person better have their ducks in a row when you reply or post here at 2BD... people such as yourself will point out your error in thinking that's why I post and read here. Cheers matey GO BILLS 

and No Im not a troll at least not intentionally LOL  How dare you say that to me...……**raspberries.** !!

Edited by Margarita
  • Like (+1) 1