The reason we haven't played a complete game yet.

Part of me was thinking this too.  For years, I've been tired of barely cracking the scoreboard.  I see teams rack up 30-40 points a game and always say to myself, when will our Bills do the same.  I do believe that Daboll was saving the playbook for this week.  After all, football is a game of chess.  whether we win or lose, I think Daboll is gonna take the leash off this offense. 

• Like (+1) 2

I HIGHLY doubt they have been sandbagging it just to save it all for this week. I do think as a few have suggested, that they have been saving a good amount of plays and formations out of the playbook though just so they can try and confuse Marcia. The D-Fense will need to be able to get to Marcia and knock him around a bit early in the game to get him rattled. Hopefully make him throw some early balls for INT's. They'll probably have a few exotic blitzes as well, but don't expect much in the way of blitzing as he tends to burn defenses that way. Praying for a big game in a 3 phases of the game this week.

1 hour ago, eball said:

I absolutely believe Daboll has kept a decent part of the offense under wraps in anticipation of this game.  We will break trends.

If we are going to be frank here,  Daboll has kept his game planning for the whole year under wraps.  They have played with a different set of plays and playcalling throughout the entire year.  I havent seen that from a Bills OC in quite some time.

My guess is that he will bring in less new plays and playcalling than he has even though I do think he will have quite a few new looks NE hasnt seen yet but will reintroduce the ones that have worked best so far against the defensive formations they anticipate.

I said it earlier a couple times, I just hope that we have a heavy dosage of shotgun formations.  I think that suits Josh best.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We have been sandbagging to trick the patriots into the same old Bills :D

Go Bills beat the Cheats !!!

You had me fooled there for a moment!!!     Show Fergy how its done 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Yes, giving up a 2 TD halftime lead to the lowly Bengals most certainly will confuse them...

Drip, Drip.   Can you hear that Drip,?   My guess it was sarcasm. 

The OP did better than winning an Captain Obvious award or two 

besides the game was growing a bit boring we needed a boost of adrenaline 

Only thing is .... Sunday, they didn't collapse. 

IRp8_xsXAdr6reiI04MupjloXbM1HC9NiUQNEj4Z

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

You want the plan? Jam the receivers like your career depends on it. Interrupting the timing not only of Brady getting the ball out in 2 seconds, but it throws off the picks and screens they use to get guys open.

As for sandbagging, I do wonder if all those East-West Jet sweeps and QB runs last week weren't setting up the flea flicker for this week. I want the bomb back in this offense now and then.

7 minutes ago, ocemur said:

You want the plan? Jam the receivers like your career depends on it. Interrupting the timing not only of Brady getting the ball out in 2 seconds, but it throws off the picks and screens they use to get guys open.

As for sandbagging, I do wonder if all those East-West Jet sweeps and QB runs last week weren't setting up the flea flicker for this week. I want the bomb back in this offense now and then.

We threw three "bombs" last week...none of them connected. 

We have thrown "bombs" every week...none of them connected. 

Not saying we wont see any trickery, we just dont need to "manufacture" them necessarily. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

I absolutely believe Daboll has kept a decent part of the offense under wraps in anticipation of this game.  We will break trends.

Daboll certainly knows Belichick better than any former Patriots player could.  One could say it goes the other way too, but Daboll has experienced some other influences since his Patriot days.  Knowing that Belichick will try to take away from the offense that which Josh Allen is most comfortable doing,   I expect Daboll will work at getting Josh comfortable with some other things.  I think some of what Buffalo has done on offense since last season was done with an eye toward the Patriots.  They knew that the Bills offense had to become more capable in multiple areas so it would be harder for Belichick to derail them.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I think the defense has the potential to confuse Brady.....they did that in both games last year.  My guess is they didn't want to give them much to study in preparation.

Our offense stunk in both games last year.  If we can get to 20 points I think we'll win the game.  

I can't imagine any defense confusing Brady, you beat him by pressuring him and hitting him, just like most QB's. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1