What can be expected against New England?

Tipster19

This is a very tough matchup.  Their defense is going to play physical, and they have linebackers that can hang with our backs in man coverage.  Space will be limited, and they won't let Allen run.  They are very smart with their rush depth so they don't create running lanes. 

Honestly - this is a game made for deep shots.  Until we hit them deep they'll be comfortable in man coverage - if we can force them to play to stop that... we have a shot.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, dneveu said:

This is a very tough matchup.  Their defense is going to play physical, and they have linebackers that can hang with our backs in man coverage.  Space will be limited, and they won't let Allen run.  They are very smart with their rush depth so they don't create running lanes. 

Honestly - this is a game made for deep shots.  Until we hit them deep they'll be comfortable in man coverage - if we can force them to play to stop that... we have a shot.

Only one deep shot against Cinci....and Foster was the target.  Ball was a little underthrown.....and defended as a result.  A longer throw might have been a TD.  So, that aspect of the Bills game has not been seen much this year.....I am thinking on purpose btw.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Frustration, Pain, bad officiating, #PansyAssTom doing #PansyAss things

High hopes and low expectations!!

Hope to at a minimum   :)

what team is that against?

watch REAL CLOSE at how 90% of the NFL Films worship hi-lites are against cupcake opponents...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

tight game as always at the Ralph, but probably an L.  Brady looks as good as ever and their D is solid.  Tough combination.   I just don't think this is the year they break out.  Injuries starting to pile up.   Allen still throwing it all over the place.   Pats will turn INTs in TDs.   they are the class of the league again. 

Uh Brady doesn't look as good as ever.  Sadly I had to watch him play because he's my fantasy QB.  He had that erratic ball about a third of his throws, short armed quite a few.  Didn't need to do much yet this year.   Reacted poorly to middle pressure as always but the only ones who did that were the Jets a few times.   

Last good team they played was the Rams.  Pats had 3 points going into the 4th quarter.  Brady ended with 21 completions and a pick.  The Rams D ranked 20th last year, they aren't some defensive powerhouse.  People are falling into the Cleveland Browns trap with this NE team, don't judge anyone (including us) until they face real competition.

Develin is on IR, Sony Michel is struggling with a putrid 2.4 ypc so far this year and only 1 positive gain after contact.  I have no explanation for that, he seems so tough but he's slumping.   There are three guys that we will key on:  White (nice and fresh with a week off), Edelman and Burkhead. 

They don't have Gronk, they don't have a great Oline, which is good because last year they averaged like 8 ypc against us in the most embarrassing showing of run defense since that Leveon Bell game.  We didn't have Milano, but Tremaine showed his weakness in run D that day.   

Singletary is likely out until after the bye, and our pass protection after Feliciano went out is weak.   It's gotta be the Frank Gore, Josh Allen show on offense.   Two future hall of famers.  

p.s.  everyone talks about how old Frank Gore is, when Brady was playing in his first superbowl Frank the Tank was gettin his tux ready for the senior prom.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Only one deep shot against Cinci....and Foster was the target.  Ball was a little underthrown.....and defended as a result.  A longer throw might have been a TD.  So, that aspect of the Bills game has not been seen much this year.....I am thinking on purpose btw.

Its tough - but when you get single high looks you're going to have to throw them.  Hopefully foster and brown got their legs ready - browns going to see a lot of gilmore and a lot of that will be press-man.

30 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Its tough - but when you get single high looks you're going to have to throw them.  Hopefully foster and brown got their legs ready - browns going to see a lot of gilmore and a lot of that will be press-man.

Our WRs and TEs have to win those 50/50 balls.

The Bills just need to play 60 minutes of football. They don"t have any choice this week.  I believe that they will play the Pats tough, and demonstrate that they are closing the gap. This team is being designed to defeat the Pats, so win or lose, they will know if they are on the right track.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Definitely not. 

I'm not sure you understand how this thing works.

Oh I understand plenty.. 

Each game has equal value and contributes one sixteenth to the season.

OP stated last weeks game was a must win but it wasn’t and neither is this one

Edited by Aussie Joe

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

Is this where we see a bigger dose of Foster? I was thinking along the same line as you, unleash Foster and let the ball fly.

3 keys to the game imo - 

1. Bills have to be able to run the ball , cannot have a bunch of 3rd and longs.

2. Have to give Allen adequate protection. And Allen can't try to do too much, ie. don't run backwards 20 yards and don't throw blind passes. 

3. Bills, including Allen etc. can't make the mistakes and turnovers they've done in prev. 3 games.  Pats would score 28 points if given 4 turnovers in a half. 

48 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Uh Brady doesn't look as good as ever.  Sadly I had to watch him play because he's my fantasy QB.  He had that erratic ball about a third of his throws, short armed quite a few.  Didn't need to do much yet this year.   Reacted poorly to middle pressure as always but the only ones who did that were the Jets a few times.   

Last good team they played was the Rams.  Pats had 3 points going into the 4th quarter.  Brady ended with 21 completions and a pick.  The Rams D ranked 20th last year, they aren't some defensive powerhouse.  People are falling into the Cleveland Browns trap with this NE team, don't judge anyone (including us) until they face real competition.

Develin is on IR, Sony Michel is struggling with a putrid 2.4 ypc so far this year and only 1 positive gain after contact.  I have no explanation for that, he seems so tough but he's slumping.   There are three guys that we will key on:  White (nice and fresh with a week off), Edelman and Burkhead. 

They don't have Gronk, they don't have a great Oline, which is good because last year they averaged like 8 ypc against us in the most embarrassing showing of run defense since that Leveon Bell game.  We didn't have Milano, but Tremaine showed his weakness in run D that day.   

Singletary is likely out until after the bye, and our pass protection after Feliciano went out is weak.   It's gotta be the Frank Gore, Josh Allen show on offense.   Two future hall of famers.  

p.s.  everyone talks about how old Frank Gore is, when Brady was playing in his first superbowl Frank the Tank was gettin his tux ready for the senior prom.

Michel is struggling because we have a backup center as well as both tackles, both were not on the team week 1. (It takes time get blocking right lol)  erratic balls? he has a 67.9% completion rate 911 yards 7 TDs 0 picks 116.5 QBR. if those are erratic numbers most teams would like to have their QB be erratic like that!

Josh Allen will have to be accurate and beat the Pats with his arm and not his legs. My guess (and I could be wrong) BB makes it so the pocket collapses around him but the defenders stay in their lanes making him throw it or get sacked.  

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

i expect the Pats to come out and kick the living crap out of the Bills

anything better than this will be much appreciated

Come on. You weren't up all night watching Tom Brady/Randy Moss reruns again were you? ?

• Haha (+1) 2