Rewatching the Pats game # 2 last year

billvernsays

6 hours ago, eball said:

Josh has got to be smarter with the ball once we're in FG range.  He took points off the board on two drives Sunday with careless errors.

So did Yeldon with the fumble and Sweeney or Knox (can't remember which) with the drop at the 4 yard line.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine

13 hours ago, billvernsays said:

A few thoughts from the game: 

It wasn’t as bad as I remembered. In fact if a few plays go our way (E.G. Robert foster catches the BOMB Allen threw him very early in the game, Hosch-$$$ drills that 43 yarder on the following possession, then we kick a FG instead of going for it on 4 and 3 prior to halftime,  Croom doesn’t fumble inside the Pats 5 yard line) and we are very much in that game.

Add in our crowd instead of their home field advantage, the additions we made to our OLine and WR Corps and I think the -7 spread is honestly a bit high. Gimme the Bills and the over. The key to the game will be how we defend their running game. 

Thats a LOT of if this or that and then this happens.  That said two different teams this year. Pats have gotten better on the D line (it appears) and our CB are very good and been together for a couple years now.  I dont see the Bills scoring more than 17,  I say that because you average 22 and I believe the Pats D is the best you will have faced to this point and 17 be 6X more than anyone put on the Pats since KC in the AFCCG game.  Bills could def win but IMO your D this time has to win it. 

The only way we win this game is if we stop the run and don't turn the ball over. Brady is going to move the chains regardless, but if we squash the run enough where our guys can tee-off and rush him hard we can get him a little rattled and that's when they are vulnerable. 

If we turn the ball over, especially if we leave points on the board when doing it, we don't have a chance. 

34 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

You're not supposed to criticize the young people.  ;)

I will buy him a therapy dog if that would help him play better

46 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

Interesting because I just saw a tweet that said he was everywhere

Edmunds was credited with 3 tackles last week - looked decent in pass coverage but has a real problem disengaging blocks in the run game