Rewatching the Pats game # 2 last year

billvernsays

A few thoughts from the game: 

It wasn’t as bad as I remembered. In fact if a few plays go our way (E.G. Robert foster catches the BOMB Allen threw him very early in the game, Hosch-$$$ drills that 43 yarder on the following possession, then we kick a FG instead of going for it on 4 and 3 prior to halftime,  Croom doesn’t fumble inside the Pats 5 yard line) and we are very much in that game.

Add in our crowd instead of their home field advantage, the additions we made to our OLine and WR Corps and I think the -7 spread is honestly a bit high. Gimme the Bills and the over. The key to the game will be how we defend their running game. 

Edited by billvernsays
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

It wasn’t as bad as I remembered. In fact if a few plays go our way

(E.G. Robert foster catches the BOMB Allen there him very early in the game, Hosch-$$$ frills that 43 yarder, we kick a FG instead of going for it on 4 and 3, Croom doesn’t fumble inside the Pats 5 yard line) we are very much in that game. Add in our crowd instead of their home field advantage, the additions we made to our OLine and WR Corps and I think the -7 spread is honestly a bit high. Gimme the Bills and the over. The key to the game will be how we defend their running game. 

I just looked at it and came away thinking the same way. If we could have stopped the run and like you said hit on a couple of plays that we missed it would have been a competitive game

If New England plays on Sunday like they played in week 16 against us I think we can win this game. Remember no Gronk and now no FB as well to help them in the run game. 

Edited by Protocal69

5 hours ago, billvernsays said:

It wasn’t as bad as I remembered. In fact if a few plays go our way (E.G. Robert foster catches the BOMB Allen there him very early in the game, Hosch-$$$ drills that 43 yarder on the following possession, then we kick a FG instead of going for it on 4 and 3 prior to halftime,  Croom doesn’t fumble inside the Pats 5 yard line) and we are very much in that game.

Add in our crowd instead of their home field advantage, the additions we made to our OLine and WR Corps and I think the -7 spread is honestly a bit high. Gimme the Bills and the over. The key to the game will be how we defend their running game. 

Betting the over on this game is implying that at least one of the 2 VERY GOOD defenses doesn't show up.  If we are going to win this thing I feel like we want the Bills and the under.  

6 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

I just looked at it and came away thinking the same way. If we could have stopped the run and like you said hit on a couple of plays that we missed it would have been a competitive game

If New England plays on Sunday like they played in week 16 against us I think we can win this game. Remember no Gronk and now no FB as well to help them in the run game. 

Edelman also has a chest contusion. While I think he will play, i think he will be limited and I doubt they send him in the slot to get jacked up and put out of the game. 

Buffalo limited Bell and Barkley.  Buffalo will be in the game.  McDermott has a pretty good read on what they do offensively.  Oliver could make an impact with interior pressure.  Imo it comes down to how aggressive McDermott allows the offense to be.  Paired with how many point ending mistakes do they make.  

• Like (+1) 1

Both games were winnable last year.

The Pats are certainly one of the best teams in the NFL right now (if not the best); however, they are not unbeatable. The Bills do not have to play a perfect game to beat them. They just have to consistently play to their ability on both sides of the ball and not beat themselves with critical penalties and turnovers.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Buffalo limited Bell and Barkley.  Buffalo will be in the game.  McDermott has a pretty good read on what they do offensively.  Oliver could make an impact with interior pressure.  Imo it comes down to how aggressive McDermott allows the offense to be.  Paired with how many point ending mistakes do they make.  

Josh has got to be smarter with the ball once we're in FG range.  He took points off the board on two drives Sunday with careless errors.

11 minutes ago, eball said:

Josh has got to be smarter with the ball once we're in FG range.  He took points off the board on two drives Sunday with careless errors.

Absolutely. This offense has consistently moved the ball well for 3 quarters of each game. It is not their ability that has hampered them. Critical (meaning when and where they happen) turnovers, mental mistakes (i.e.; the intentional grounding), and penalties, as well as horrific 3rd quarter play are the difference between 22 pts per game and having to win close games - and 31+ points per game and the games not being close.

Clean those things up and this team can beat New England.

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Betting the over on this game is implying that at least one of the 2 VERY GOOD defenses doesn't show up.  If we are going to win this thing I feel like we want the Bills and the under.  

Not exactly.

I think the odds makers will know that 2 very good defenses are playing each other and that will be the narrative which in turn will push the over/under DOWN.

The reality is the Bills and the Pats have played some BAD offenses each of the past 3 weeks.

Me saying the game will go over doesn’t mean it’ll be a high scoring affair it just needs to get over the line Vegas thinks will get even money on the game.

I believe it’s will be lower than the reality which is why you should buck the trend and go against the public narrative.

Bills and the Over Baby!!

i hope they decide to kick shaq inside. keep murphy out there and let lorax call the pass rush and line up at the line at times. MARSHAL NEWHOUSE is starting at left tackle and they have a backup at center.  hughes should have a good game and milano should have a clear path. if they kick shaq inside next to oliver, edmunds should also have a clear path.

i really hope they get creative because opportunity is knocking to put brady on his ass!

11 hours ago, billvernsays said:

It wasn’t as bad as I remembered. In fact if a few plays go our way (E.G. Robert foster catches the BOMB Allen threw him very early in the game, Hosch-$$$ drills that 43 yarder on the following possession, then we kick a FG instead of going for it on 4 and 3 prior to halftime,  Croom doesn’t fumble inside the Pats 5 yard line) and we are very much in that game.

This...