Buffalo Bills Special Teams

Protocal69

I am still worried about the Bills special teams. Bills gave up that long kick return for a TD that was called back by penalty. 

That play could have cost us the game. Yeah it got called back but it should have not come to that especially in a league that has gone out it’s way to prevent return TD’s

Edited by Protocal69

ST’s have been fine. The play went for a touchdown because someone held a Bills player. It was at the point of play not an away from the ball foul. 

The Bojo needs to worry less about kicking the ball into the end zone and more about pinning them inside the 10. 

Roberts hasn’t had much of a chance to return one yet, and he is eager to! That guy is going to determine the outcome of a game this year. 

4 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Ok. Since most of you have short memories it seems, like what about the 60 yard punt return by the Giants near the end of the half last week. We got bailed out by the tip int by Murphy a couple of plays later.

I definitely see a trend.

Ok, ok, the secial team sucks. We get it. Cam down a bit. First thing we need you to do is step away from the window.

21 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Ok, ok, the secial team sucks. We get it. Cam down a bit. First thing we need you to do is step away from the window.

No the first thing we need to do is to get your spell check fixed.

Anyway Bills fans would be crying if we lost to the PATS or any other team due to a special team mistake. All I am saying is to tighen that stuff up before it becomes a REAL problem

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Bojo is incapable of pinning the ball between the ten and goal line. 

Exactly.  Other than horrible return coverage, Bojo has been pure crap.  Someone said to me yesterday, "But Gug, he consistently got the ball inside the 20 yesterday."  That's fine .... when you can't reach inside the 10.  

Are Special Teams killing us?  No .... not yet.  I'm afraid it's just a matter of time.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

ST’s have been fine. The play went for a touchdown because someone held a Bills player. It was at the point of play not an away from the ball foul. 

The Bojo needs to worry less about kicking the ball into the end zone and more about pinning them inside the 10. 

Roberts hasn’t had much of a chance to return one yet, and he is eager to! That guy is going to determine the outcome of a game this year. 

That hold had no impact on the run. 

As Tasker said on One Bills Live yesterday, our poor punting is costing us a minimum of ten yards per drive. The opponent doesn’t have this ‘penalty’ so out O is always having to go an additional ten yards. 

Must get this fixed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

As Tasker said on One Bills Live yesterday, our poor punting is costing us a minimum of ten yards per drive. The opponent doesn’t have this ‘penalty’ so out O is always having to go an additional ten yards. 

Must get this fixed.

Yes it did.

29 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Must get this fixed.

That's an extra first down on every drive you're asking your offense to go out and overcome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Exactly.  Other than horrible return coverage, Bojo has been pure crap.  Someone said to me yesterday, "But Gug, he consistently got the ball inside the 20 yesterday."  That's fine .... when you can't reach inside the 10.  

Are Special Teams killing us?  No .... not yet.  I'm afraid it's just a matter of time.

Spot on- I think ST has stunk. We have yet to return a punt worthy of discussion and our kick coverage has been blah. Bojo has no touch- its either he kicks it far or shanks it.

4th and 1 after Allen worked his ass off on that run to almost get a first. We were on the what? 45ish? Bojo puts it on the freakin’ 17 yard line.  At that specific point of the game line the horses up and go for it!   

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I think the ST play has been lack-lusture...No major returns and no major muff-ups.  But it has NOT been exciting.

5 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

No the first thing we need to do is to get your spell check fixed.

Anyway Bills fans would be crying if we lost to the PATS or any other team due to a special team mistake. All I am saying is to tighen that stuff up before it becomes a REAL problem

Actually there are quite a few things that need to be tightened up. That said our special teams has made a remarkable improvement over last year. The long run last week was due to a hold in front of the play. All Im saying is get a grip. It going to be ok. Furthermore, I shut spell check off because it changes words for you. My typos were because I work early in the morning and just didnt have time to proof read.