the Josh Allen streak nobody talks about

rayray808

If you’re trying to cherry pick stats (pre-season??) you didn't even do it as well as you could have. Why include the Patriots game when that was a loss? Why not just say he’s 8-0 in his last 8? If you want to include the Pats then take the one before that, it was a win, making him 9-1. 

Of course, Allen didn't even play in all the pre-season games so trying to puff up his record with pre-season fails to add 4 wins to his total.

OR you could just say Allen is 5-1 in his last 6 starts and get zero pushback.

Edited by MDH

2 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

U lost me at "preseason"

Winning is always better than losing, preseason or not.

Go Bills!!!

7 hours ago, MJS said:

Why are we counting preseason?

OK, then don't. Still, 5-1 over that same stretch, with that only loss being to the Champs in their building in a game that Josh statistically outplayed Brady.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Yet, here you are, talking about it.  

Good post, terrible click bait thread header 

I mean isn't that the point of posting it, to get people talking about it?

The OP is right... it's not anything I've heard talked about, except this thread.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, rayray808 said:

Josh Allen is 8-1 as a starter (including pre season)...

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHa     to the bold. 

Come On Man!!!   At least lets be realistic

The Bills have held games close with NE, until former QB's (to be left unnamed) became too predictable or incapable of overcoming a 10 point deficit and the Obligatory Ref's decision - Just Give It To Them 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, dneveu said:

We beat Brisset who i believe was injured, with Edelman as the emergency QB.  They knew they were getting Brady back in a week and didn't want to fiddle with the roster.

We beat Brady/Garoppolo in a meaningless week 17 game that put Marrone at 9-7 (saint doug)

Last win over brady was with Chan in 2011.  Before that it was Gregg Williams team in 2003.  Not sure how Buffalo wont this one either - this roster was awful.  Stevie, Donald jones, and David nelson?  Was the GM allergic to using any draft capital to improve our pass catchers?  Don't worry - we got CJ spiller to replace Fred Jackson for some reason.  Erik Pears and Chad Rinehart?  Gross.

Mularkey never won one, and I'd say the Ryan and Marrone wins have Asterisks.  We beat them one time with Brady in and stakes... since 2003.  

NE is our daddy til we prove otherwise.

Alternate facts.

Yes, the Pats** have owned us this Century....the facts tell the story, you don’t need to sku them to tell it.

12 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

OK, then don't. Still, 5-1 over that same stretch, with that only loss being to the Champs in their building in a game that Josh statistically outplayed Brady.

I mean isn't that the point of posting it, to get people talking about it?

The OP is right... it's not anything I've heard talked about, except this thread.

He’s not wrong.  But I just have click bait trauma.  I wish the filter on here would be updated to prevent thread titles that include:

-you won’t believe 

-no one is talking about 

-will shock you

-I bet you won’t 

I’m sure there’s more but my therapist has helped me block them out 

47 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Yeah - no run game and a rookie QB against Belichick.  Recipe for failure.

Bro, that's a stone cold fact.  Field position battle meant the plays we did put together didn't have enough impact, and of course we had some famous drops and just a total dearth of offensive talent last season.  

All that said, allen outplayed tom (but not well) and it's giving me hope for sunday.

I'm on record saying i fully expect a loss, but i can't help but be a fan made up of hope and joy.  No matter how much i step back from being a sucker hoping we beat NE, THEY KEEP PULLING ME BACK IN.

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

McD is actually the first Bills HC to start out 0-4 against the Pats since Jauron.     

It's a home game........the Pats have some injuries........it's time for McD to win one of these......0-6 vs NE might become a problem for the process buy-in long term.

I have a hunch that this game is going to be the equivalent of a team of seal hunters clubbing a bunch of seal cubs to death. I just don't see Allen or the offense more broadly performing well against what looks to be an insanely good NE defense. The Bills have injuries too, just like NE. Yeldon is a steep downgrade from Singletary, and who knows if Felciano can go. If he stays true to form, Nsheke will go down with an injury in the late second/early third quarter, after which Cody Ford will take over.  

On to Tennessee.

15 hours ago, rayray808 said:

Ever since our week 15  win over the Lions... the game where he seemed to finally minimize the turnovers and gain confidence... 

Josh Allen is 8-1 as a starter (including pre season)...

his only loss?

AT New England in a game they needed to win to get a home game in the playoffs - in that game BOTH HIM AND Tom Brady threw 1 TD and 2 INT, however Allen out threw him 217 yards vs 126 yards.

Now that we are playing at home, and Josh has made major strides as a QB, I truly believe the era of going 0-2 to the Pats is over

The inclusion of pre-season wins is not valid.  Yes, Josh was the “starter” but there is so much else going on in preseason it is not valid to count these games in your analysis.  I will however take a projected 12-4 regular season if that is what you are trying to project.

6 hours ago, pop gun said:

...and how many times have the Bills been down in the 4th quarter needing a score and he has come through. Can't teach guts and moxie!

That's awesome and all, and ultimately what matters, but digging those holes in the first place is a problem.

Anyone that thinks barely beating bad teams is a good sign is just happy to have their head in the sand. A win is ultimately what matters MOST, but it's not all that matters. How you play in those games is telling of what to expect in the future.

95% of fans acted the EXACT same way when we started 3-0, 5-1, 5-2, etc. in the past, only to disappear as we tanked the rest of the season. "A win is a win, who cares about the rest? Everyone whining is a hater!" Yep, sounds familiar. 

Nobody is saying the Bills suck or that they CAN'T beat good teams, rather they're saying temper your expectations while still being supportive.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Well in one game he had Nathan "I try hard" Peterman for a good portion of it and another he had Derek "I Can't believe I have to play tonight" Anderson. I'm willing to give him a pass for those two games

All his wounds from Peterman were self-inflicted by McD........I know you are Captain Hindsight but let's not act like he was cast upon him.:lol:

But it's really about the players trusting that a coach can beat a division rival at least once in a while.   If you start thinking your coach isn't smart enough to get you where you need to be that's when you start seeing the quit come out when things aren't going well.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Manther said:

Alternate facts.

Yes, the Pats** have owned us this Century....the facts tell the story, you don’t need to sku them to tell it.

But they're not alternate facts (as if that's a real thing anyway). Explaining the numbers don't make them lies.

Do you really consider our win in NE when the Pats had clinched a playoff spot & were playing for nothing, then had Brady & other starters benched to rest the 2nd half was a true indication of NE's abilities?

20 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I have a hunch that this game is going to be the equivalent of a team of seal hunters clubbing a bunch of seal cubs to death. I just don't see Allen or the offense more broadly performing well against what looks to be an insanely good NE defense. The Bills have injuries too, just like NE. Yeldon is a steep downgrade from Singletary, and who knows if Felciano can go. If he stays true to form, Nsheke will go down with an injury in the late second/early third quarter, after which Cody Ford will take over.  

On to Tennessee.

Sounds plausibly Billsy.:lol:

• Like (+1) 1