the Josh Allen streak nobody talks about

rayray808

Ever since our week 15  win over the Lions... the game where he seemed to finally minimize the turnovers and gain confidence... 

Josh Allen is 8-1 as a starter (including pre season)...

his only loss?

AT New England in a game they needed to win to get a home game in the playoffs - in that game BOTH HIM AND Tom Brady threw 1 TD and 2 INT, however Allen out threw him 217 yards vs 126 yards.

Now that we are playing at home, and Josh has made major strides as a QB, I truly believe the era of going 0-2 to the Pats is over

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

Ever since our week 15  win over the Lions... the game where he seemed to finally minimize the turnovers and gain confidence... 

his only loss?

AT New England in a game they needed to win to get a home game in the playoffs - in that game BOTH HIM AND Tom Brady threw 1 TD and 2 INT, however Allen out threw him 217 yards vs 126 yards.

Now that we are playing at home, and Josh has made major strides as a QB, I truly believe the era of going 0-2 to the Pats is over

Let's hope so.  Josh is breaking many records including a 5-1 regular season record in his last six games...He has over 200+ yards in every one of those games,  a TD in every one of the games...and he is willing to do whatever it takes to win the football game.  I am so happy that we finally have a Franchise QB.  Let us hope he can take the Bills to the promised land soon.  Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Good call OP, I believe the evil empire antidote, to the extent a mere mortal team can harness such a thing, is being developed at OBD. I think if nothing else, Allen has shown us already that he doesn’t shrink from the big stage—if anything he seems to thrive most when the deck is stacked and it’s up to him to deliver a big play...I feel better about this Pats game week than I’ve felt since who knows when. This is what having a developing franchise QB feels like! 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, rayray808 said:

McD is actually the first Bills HC to start out 0-4 against the Pats since Jauron.     

It's a home game........the Pats have some injuries........it's time for McD to win one of these......0-6 vs NE might become a problem for the process buy-in long term.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, rayray808 said:

his only loss?

large.353FFB72-2262-4948-9547-325C35E495A6.gif.aa700cab61a7e5fcb94a8630e1967141.gif

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

McD is actually the first Bills HC to start out 0-4 against the Pats since Jauron.     

It's a home game........the Pats have some injuries........it's time for McD to win one of these......0-6 vs NE might become a problem for the process buy-in long term.

Over the last 20 years no Bills coach has a good record against the Pats*** -- but this may be the best (i.e., most balanced) offense we've taken into a game with them in quite some time.  I'm confident in McD's ability to scheme against their offense and limit them to ~20 pts if there are no crazy turnovers...the key is finding ways to score and that's on Daboll.

Statistically speaking, the Pats*** D is due for a "bad" game -- at least that's what I'm telling myself.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

I'm in Show Me mode.  All those boxers who fought Mike Tyson in his prime had a plan ... then they got punched in the face and KO'd.

Well...

"everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth"....Mike Tyson.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Didn't they win 16-0 in 2017 when Brady was suspended?

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well in one game he had Nathan "I try hard" Peterman for a good portion of it and another he had Derek "I Can't believe I have to play tonight" Anderson. I'm willing to give him a pass for those two games

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, rayray808 said:

his only loss?

Josh is progressing and has that will to win. We also have one hell of a defense and improved our offense in every position except RB maybe? I need to see more of Singletary to know he is an upgrade over Shady. Gore is a one cut North South guy- solid for sure. Yeldon, imo has stunk. He runs to high and the tip of the ball is near his mid shoulder pads at times- its another reason he fumbled Sunday.

Josh seems to be a guy who elevates to the competition, he thrives on pressure. A GREAT trait to have.

When he feels comfortable (a lead) maybe he tries to hold back and starts to make mistakes. He needs to learn how to harness how he plays in crunch time and play that way all 4 quarters

People are going to hate Allen because he doesn't put up the gaudy numbers that other QB's do right now. He's still a work in progress. That progress is evident to everyone except those who have an axe to grind. The guy is clutch. He should have another comeback victory on his resume as well if it hadn't been for Charles Clay in Miami. When the stage is it's grandest Allen has been stepping up. I hope we pound the Pats on Sunday just because I absolutely HATE those mutha :censored:. But in my own way, I think it would be even more sweet if Josh puts the team on his back and carries us to a win in the last two minutes.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ganesh said:

Let's hope so.  Josh is breaking many records including a 5-1 regular season record in his last six games...He has over 200+ yards in every one of those games,  a TD in every one of the games...and he is willing to do whatever it takes to win the football game.  I am so happy that we finally have a Franchise QB.  Let us hope he can take the Bills to the promised land soon.  Go Bills.

...and how many times have the Bills been down in the 4th quarter needing a score and he has come through. Can't teach guts and moxie!

We beat Brisset who i believe was injured, with Edelman as the emergency QB.  They knew they were getting Brady back in a week and didn't want to fiddle with the roster.

We beat Brady/Garoppolo in a meaningless week 17 game that put Marrone at 9-7 (saint doug)

Last win over brady was with Chan in 2011.  Before that it was Gregg Williams team in 2003.  Not sure how Buffalo wont this one either - this roster was awful.  Stevie, Donald jones, and David nelson?  Was the GM allergic to using any draft capital to improve our pass catchers?  Don't worry - we got CJ spiller to replace Fred Jackson for some reason.  Erik Pears and Chad Rinehart?  Gross.

Mularkey never won one, and I'd say the Ryan and Marrone wins have Asterisks.  We beat them one time with Brady in and stakes... since 2003.  

NE is our daddy til we prove otherwise.

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 1